General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sausages,do you have a favourite.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2004 19:43

as i get older,i seem to be much more adventurous,when it comes to food...when it comes to sausages,i really like trying whatever is recommended...so do you have a favourite i should try? of course,i have my favourite..its awesome...its simply the best...guess wot it is? bryan.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 19:49

Cumberland? Lincolnshire? - my favourite Beef and Tomato Apple and Pork? Savaloy? Sage and Onion and Pork? which?

Sandra

Sandra Report 27 Jul 2004 19:52

MY FAVORITES are lincolnshire, and lamb and mint lol sandra

Anne

Anne Report 27 Jul 2004 19:54

Hi Brian - Is it a Kennedys banger? Lynda

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 19:56

What on earth is a Kennedy's Banger? does it have explosive properties? Jacqui

Anne

Anne Report 27 Jul 2004 19:59

Hi Jacqui They might explode I've never had one, Kennedys is a shop in Croydon tht sells sausages and pies etc supposed to be the best - yuk.

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2004 20:05

Cumberland. I do remember having some pork and leek ones once that were v. nice. But I prefer faggots.(stop it!)

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 20:05

Not Sweeny Todd Kennedy by any chance? lol Jacqui

badger

badger Report 27 Jul 2004 20:06

lincolnshire for me too,i always take a few pounds home with me and freeze them,for later use,they never last long enough though and i have to go back to hull or grimsby to do some more meat shopping.Fred.

Jackie

Jackie Report 27 Jul 2004 20:08

scottish square sausage is mine .

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 20:15

Probably a Kennedy's Banger then eh? it's sad when a fellow's favourite banger can't be kept a secret for even the shortest time, isnt it? lol Jacqui

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 20:29

you got a dirty mind you have Marion! lol I wasnt commenting on the size of Fred's banger, simply that he couldnt keep it hidden forever! lol Jacqui

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2004 20:33

i think its down to individual taste really...but ive never found a sausage to come close to beating the big,thick,juicey..cumberland..second would come...lincolnshire...but strange enough,i tried veggie sausages,and mash,in the hospital canteen today,and they were really nice. bryan.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 20:35

I win, I win, I win - I said CUMBERLAND. Somehow I think its a man's banger, not a ladies banger at all. Must be the way it curves round and round - I always want to ask them if they dress on the right or the left (the sausages, that is) - day dreaming again! lol Jacqui

badger

badger Report 27 Jul 2004 20:36

Have you tried the chicken ones from farm foods Brian? £1 for twenty ,and are really tasty in a finger bun straight off the coals. Fred.

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2004 20:46

fred,farm food chicken sausages,is wot i buy,when we have a barbeque,tasty,and great value. jaqueline,now who has a dirty mind lol bryan.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 20:49

Explain please how you can have a chicken sausage??? Have visions of wish-bones and other nasty bits encased in a sausage skin - yuk Jacqui

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 20:59

Ohoooooooooooo Betty! I have got Fred and Brian mixed up - Fred likes the curvey ones and Brian likes the chicken ones - still, I suppose both of them like big ones! Apologies my fine gentlemen. Jacqui

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2004 21:01

jaqueline,have you never had a chicken burger,nuggets...no legs,wishbones lol. bryan

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 21:09

No I have never eaten such things, thank god! Sausages should contain pork and not much else I think! Still might try the chicken sausages from Farm Foods just for an experiment! lol Jacqui