General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SS Utopia - Rescue at hand(see next thread RESCUE)

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jo

Jo Report 31 Aug 2004 17:56

A ship has arrived, we do not yet know who or what is on it but could it be our rescue? Continue here to find out!!

Jo

Jo Report 31 Aug 2004 18:19

Great, Oh my, black flag, black flag, what does that mean? Are we in danger or not, do we hide or dont we. What shall we do? Lady M

DorothyG

DorothyG Report 31 Aug 2004 18:23

Skull and crossbones???? Oh gawd! That's Pirates!!! I suggest we grab what we can and run inland a bit and hide in the undergrowth!!! Do you reckon they're going to land a boat? Perhaps they've just stopped off for fresh water and fruit.

DorothyG

DorothyG Report 31 Aug 2004 18:24

WHich man's head, on the flag or the person?

Jo

Jo Report 31 Aug 2004 18:25

They have Baz, what the dickins is going on. I can see them, Baz is there with a bottle of beer in his hand. Admiral - we need someone to find out who these people are and why Baz is with them? Lady M

DorothyG

DorothyG Report 31 Aug 2004 18:26

Perhaps Baz knows them? He's a good, nice man, he wouldn't mix with any nasties!!!

Jo

Jo Report 31 Aug 2004 18:28

Hi Baz, yohooo, its me Lady M, what are you doing with those men and who are they? What, I cant here you, shout louder, can any one hear Baz? Lady M

DorothyG

DorothyG Report 31 Aug 2004 18:30

Steady on, Black Widow: if he was a slave, they wouldn't give him a beer to drink, would they!!! I still reckon we should hide until the boat pulls on the beach. (Collecting blanket, fruit, biscuits and bottle of water) I'm going to run up there and hide. Come on, let's do that, we can watch them from that load of bushes and trees, until we see how things are going. I'm going ahead . . . . (and cook some supper, see you all later!)

Jo

Jo Report 31 Aug 2004 18:35

I'm coming, I agree hiding is the best thing till we know who they are, take no chances Lady M

David

David Report 31 Aug 2004 19:55

They must be friendly if Baz is with them, i'll pop down and have a looksee, if i'm not back in an hour BE AFRAID, if it's that Pirate Fear it'l be a push over, i'll whip off my shirt and show off my bronzed, muscular well honed body and that will be it, on board sail away to civilization. David

Lindy

Lindy Report 31 Aug 2004 21:09

HELLO.. Stupid woman... Do u remeber that I said I saw smoke and was going to investigate.... What u see is not a Pirate Ship but my G.G. Grandad he roams this part of the world..... He does take prisioners and sell them as slaves ..smile.. but if you are all nice to him he will even give us supplies... So! Dame Slutty Jean, if you want to eat and not be prey.. I suggest u be real nice to that old man.. My apologies but as food is kind of short I will have to slay and cook your goat...He. the old "Chit" loves goat.. and then he will leave us alone.. and hopefully with a bounty that will help us get through the next few weeks... Oops, forgot tell u he hates my guts! FAT LADY

Lindy

Lindy Report 31 Aug 2004 21:30

LATE DINNER MENU FOR OUR GUESTS ROAST GOAT ON A SPIT WITH A GARLIC AND WILD CORIADER SAUCE BAKED YAMS WITH GOAT BUTTER SAUCE FRESH PAPAYA, WITH COCONUT MILK ****COFFEE FROM THE SHIP AND BRANDY*** "Ohhy" Who is the best swimmer here as there is a lot to be had on that ship for whoever is brave enough to swim there. Boris and I are going into hiding just in case the old "Chit" sees us and everyone will be for the plank... FAT LADY....and Boris.. looking for different digs to sleep .. tonight........

DorothyG

DorothyG Report 31 Aug 2004 22:30

Black Widow, take care!!! If it is that Pirate Fear, we may have problems. David, of the bronzed, muscular body! Are we going to be rescued, what do you think? I've never eaten roast goat, Lindy Fat Cook, isn't that against somebody's law?

Lindy

Lindy Report 31 Aug 2004 22:57

Dorothy, Who cares if eating goat is against sombody's law or religion. They are not here... it is our hides... Black Widow, Good luck! The magic word is "charm" Spin your web and charm the old "goat".. See u in the morning... Boris and I have gone into hiding.... Fat Lady, Cook

David

David Report 31 Aug 2004 23:18

This Pirate Fear is just a big pussy cat, i'll use my charm ply her with vodka, flash my bronzed, muscular well honed body and bingo we'll be away. Looks like somebody swimming out to the ship, looks like the black widow in my frilly shirt, think i'll hang on a bit, might be some skin and hair flying, as i think they have crossed swords before. just keep your heads down. David.

DorothyG

DorothyG Report 31 Aug 2004 23:39

Hello everyody (crouching behind a large tree) I'm going to bed down for the night now. I had a long walk into camp this morning, if you remember, and all this upset with this Pirate ship has worn me out. Keep good guard over us, bronzed, muscular hunk of a Guardsman !!! Have a good night . . . hope Black Widow is OK. She looks like a good swimmer. . . . I swim like a brick! Lindy, Fat Cook, I will try some of that roast goat, you're probably right, we need to keep up our strength. Thank you, I'll just take it over here and eat it, and then drift off to sleep.

Lindy

Lindy Report 1 Sep 2004 10:41

Yawn........Morning all, I see the ship is gone and no sign of the BLACK WIDOW. After all that confusion last night Who's ship was it or were there two? OLD CHIT and PIRATE FEAR? I have collected enough firewood to keep the fire going. Hopefully, I can find another goat before I bump into DAME JEAN....Boris and I are off fishing...Saw a village yesterday furtherback into the bush..Will try and approach them and attempt to barter... FAT LADY

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 1 Sep 2004 12:36

Never Fear the Entertainments here- whats going on all? EM

David

David Report 1 Sep 2004 12:47

I'm going for a paddle in the sea, i think that Black Widow and Pirate Fear are of somewere having a jolly, i do want to go home soon. David

Lindy

Lindy Report 1 Sep 2004 13:05

"Puff".. "puff" it's hot .. Thank goodness for Boris who has been pulling the goats rope otherwise I would never have made it.. Stupid animal..scared to death of Boris and he only eats fish... At least DAME JEAN won't be after my hide now that I have replaced her goat. The Islanders were friendly enough..I had a bit of a problem trying to explain to them that I was only going to pay for one goat and not two...Hmmmmm..I wonder!... Crafty devils they now have my gold earings and watch, but I did manage to get a bag of cornflour from them and a few vegies...Can't eat gold now can we? Come along Boris..we need to pick some more fruit and have a look at our dry salted fish..that's if the seagulls have not had a go at them.... Where is that Sassy? I wonder if the sharks got her..or better still the Pirates. FAT LADY