General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

who do you think is the best female singer ever

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 3 Nov 2004 23:19

i think karen carpenter with barbra stysand a good second

Josette

Josette Report 3 Nov 2004 23:20

Sandra I really like Celine Dion, think she is brill Luv Jo xx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Nov 2004 23:22

Oh Sandra I was just about to put in Karen Carpenter followed by Barbara Striesand, then noticed you had that too. We must have the same taste! Christine

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 3 Nov 2004 23:25

hiya jo lou and christine hope you are all well christine you are a better speller than me lol

Josette

Josette Report 3 Nov 2004 23:27

HI Sandra lovely to see you lol

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 3 Nov 2004 23:27

Sandra and Christine, you have such good taste, re Karen Carpenter! She had such a fantastic voice. Have you heard her singing Bach/Gounod's Ave Maria? I'm not normally a fan of that sort of music, but wow, she sang it beautifully. Glenys x

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Nov 2004 23:27

Aretha Franklin. No contest. nell

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 3 Nov 2004 23:28

Hylda Baker Bob

Geoff

Geoff Report 3 Nov 2004 23:29

Cass Elliot

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 3 Nov 2004 23:31

Ooh Geoff, I forgot about her! She was one of my faves as well. Cheesy these days, but I don't care: do you remember "It's Getting Better"? That girl had some voice on her. Glenys. Oops - just seen the time. Night all, see you tomorrow!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Nov 2004 23:33

Sandra, I'm laughing here 'cause I've spelled it wrong too, it should be Streisand. LOL I haven't heard her sing that one Glennys, will have to look out for it. BTW Love your answers Robert and Dave! Christine

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 3 Nov 2004 23:38

Thats it Louise,a classic, but it was Arthur Mullard Bob

Lucky

Lucky Report 3 Nov 2004 23:41

My husband would certainly agree with you about Karen Carpenter, and I really like Barbra Streisand. Diane

Mags

Mags Report 3 Nov 2004 23:42

Aretha Franklin and Lesley Garrett - diverse but both great Magsx

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 3 Nov 2004 23:45

No Louise I wasn't born!! it was on TOTP2 recently, honest! (no you can't see my tree) Bob

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 3 Nov 2004 23:47

Janet Baker. Lesley Garrett is OK but not great - very uncomfortable on the high notes. len

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 3 Nov 2004 23:51

And very, very, sexy Dave as well Bob

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 3 Nov 2004 23:59

Seriously as well, I can first remember Karen Carpenters wonderful voice first time round . Listen to her recordings today and remember there was no computerised "pitch adjustment" as now which can make anyone sound okay (well perhaps not the two Hildas) Bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Nov 2004 00:03

given this a lot of thought,and it has to be ..celine dion.. for me,not only is she a great singer,but she has nursed her husband through years of illness...my kind of girl! bryan.

Minnehik

Minnehik Report 4 Nov 2004 02:43

Showing myage! Gracie Fields!