General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how do you know if your marriage is over????

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bev

Bev Report 22 Nov 2004 23:42

some one give me a clue

Anne from Scotland

Anne from Scotland Report 22 Nov 2004 23:43

Shaz if you have to ask the question then it is!

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 22 Nov 2004 23:44

You just know

Bev

Bev Report 22 Nov 2004 23:45

oh

Bev

Bev Report 22 Nov 2004 23:51

went out for a meal on my birthday i said i thought we had a few probs, he said he thought it was over

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 22 Nov 2004 23:52

Don't know kiddo. Seriously I've been married for nearly 29 yrs. Had our ups and downs, but never lost our sense of humour. As they say just breezing along. If you seriously have a probelm email me. Have friends who deal with this sort of thing who would be more than happy to advise you. Take care.

Bev

Bev Report 22 Nov 2004 23:56

i tried to talk to him, but he would not open up not sure what to do cos he is acting as if everything is ok not mentioned it since the meal, but then we have seen little of eachother due to our shifts but i have to admit it is easier when he is not home or i am at work

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 22 Nov 2004 23:58

Shaz.... if you don't want to give up then don't but never lose your dignity.... I too have had a similar experience recently but hopefully we are on the road to recovery.... but if we're not then at least i know I gave it my all!! Email me if you wanna chat!! D xxxxxxxxxxxx

Bev

Bev Report 23 Nov 2004 00:00

i agree Maz we used to communicate about everything and i mean communicate not just talk but that hasn't happened for ages but i have only just realised it

Bev

Bev Report 23 Nov 2004 00:13

unfortunatly my guy is not the sort that will go to marriage guidence i have know for years that he is depressed (with good reason) but he refuses to seek professional help, his philosiphy 'you got 2 legs you stand on them' and to be fair to him, in every aspect of his life he does just that. unfortunatly he thinks it is me that is depressed and that i should see the doc i do not want to go down that road, at least not alone, cos i dont think that is the prob, i really don't see how a few pills is going to resolve this and now i have prob said too much

Bev

Bev Report 23 Nov 2004 00:25

no Ellen he would rather die than accept help from anyone thats prob part of the trouble

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 23 Nov 2004 00:27

Shaz plan an evening for you two and cook a nice meal lay all the table up nice dress up and have fun don't talk about your problems have some laughs and then tell him this how you want us to be and then talk about what you both want and want from each other. Good luck. Love Debs.

Bev

Bev Report 23 Nov 2004 00:31

yes i have 2 children still living at home, hubby is not their father but he has brought them up for the last 10 years

Bev

Bev Report 23 Nov 2004 00:36

you may be right litle KB perhaps he has dragged me down i have supported him though serious illness and dibility which is ongoing and i must admit it has been hard at times, but he has never willingly depended on me, and he has always put me first which is why i fell so wretched at the mo, cos i just don't know whats gone wrong sorry folks this is not your prob and like i said i have probably already said too much

Bev

Bev Report 23 Nov 2004 00:42

thanks for all your replies and support i will go to bed and sleep on it (hubbby is on nights) plus i have work tomorrow thanks again Bev

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 23 Nov 2004 00:44

Night night Shaz take care. Love Debs.

Trouble

Trouble Report 23 Nov 2004 00:49

Try going to the doctors/councillor yourself (you don't have to get pills!) it will be good for you to talk. Because you are going he might find it easier to talk to you about what the councillors are saying. It will make you stronger and able to cope. then it will either help your marriage or give you a better grounding to cope with what might come. good luck my dear Tracie

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 23 Nov 2004 01:59

Shaz, I really hesitate to say this because it obviously hasn't crossed your mind - but, has he got someone else? I have been through this twice myself, both times "he" had someone else but denied it. I turned myself inside out trying to help with their "depression", trying to change myself, trying to be all bubbly etc, never mind MY depression. I sincerely hope I am wrong about YOUR husband, but after 10 years together, he owes you an explanation for his remark if nothing else. I sincerely hope all turns out as it should for you. Marjorie

Derek

Derek Report 23 Nov 2004 02:30

i was your hubby,i went to councing to late,,,wished i had gone alot sooner

Derek

Derek Report 23 Nov 2004 02:32

we also worked different shifts tah did`nt help in being together either i felt things just slipped away