General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EAST OF LONDON FAIR SAT 22 JAN, MILE END *** NEW

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:03

Hope there will be quite a few of us attending. its £2 to get in and starts at 10.00. The venue is Queen Mary College, Bancroft Road, London E1. Right on the Mile End Road, halfway between Mile End and Stepney stations. Maz. XX *** PLEASE SEE LIST OF NAMES***

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:03

I would suggest we try and meet maybe around 12.30 - gives time to browse before and to eat/drink together after! I have found a few of the stall names, but don't know much about the venue. The East of London Society who are running the fair will have a help/promotion table. Maybe we could meet around there. Don't worry if you haven't been to a meet before - once there are a couple of us you will be able to find us by the noise! The fair will have an extensive display of Naval Records as it is being run on a Maritime Theme - to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Trafalgar. Please add your name below if you think you will be able to come, or if you have any better ideas for a meeting point. Maz. XX

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:04

ME ME ME PLEEEEEEEEASE

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:05

Anyone EXCEPT that Shelli Coulby that is .....

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 9 Jan 2005 13:06

Maz, I'm a definate. Don't have a clue where it is but I have an A-Z! Love Viv

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:07

HUMPH

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:07

hee hee hee, sorry Shelli, couldn't resist!

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 9 Jan 2005 13:10

I'm HOPING to be there - husband gets back from USA on the Friday, so hoping he can dog-sit! Sheila

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:10

Viv and Sheila - just updated my original message to better show where it is. Maz. XX

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:13

Just spent the last 5 mins trying to work out why Bacroft road is familar??? then realised that it's one of the few streets that hasn't changed since the 1862 map i was studying the other day , so i was using it as guide to compare. MAz If you're not careful then I'll make hubby come too!!!! Nearest tube appears to be Stepney Green (district and Hammersmith lines) District line comes direct from Victoria

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 9 Jan 2005 13:16

Thanks Maz. Shelli, don't let her bully you! Viv

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:17

Viv You'll protect me won't you from that EVIL woman????? PMSL

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:27

just copied this form East of London FHS site We have now sold 71 tables so there will be a wide variety of exhibitors taking part. Apart from our own extensive book stall, we will have a help / promotion table. Some of the others taking part are: THE S.O.G. MOVING HERE FROM THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES ESSEX F.H.S. EAST SURREY F.H.S. BARKING HISTORICAL SOCIETY TOWER HAMLETS CEMETERY EAST LONDON HISTORY SOCIETY THE MARITIME MUSEUM ACORNS TO OAKS TREE PRINTERS MID-NORFOLK F.H.S. EAST LONDON POSTCARDS THE FAMILY HISTORY SHOP There will be an extensive display of Naval Records as we are running the Fair on a Maritime Theme to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Trafalgar. DOORS OPEN FOR MEMBERS AT 9-45 ( LEFT HAND QUEUE PLEASE) ADMISSION IS FREE FOR MEMBERS PUBLIC-ADULTS £2-UNDER 16 £1

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:28

Listen, I have got to get my digs in before that blimmin Lynda Pace comes on this thread and starts on ME!!! Maz. XX (going to watch footie now, then out, back on tonight... )

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 9 Jan 2005 13:29

Shelli, I'll protect you if I can find a bus to get me there from Kings X. I don't like the tube when I'm on my own. I have to be nice to Maz though. She and Karen went dead rellie house hunting for me last year. No fighting girls 'cause Auntie Viv won't be happy! LOL Viv

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:29

Maz i personallty wouldn't have you any other way MWAH MWAH MWAH Shelli

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 9 Jan 2005 13:41

Viv Have mailed you travel details hope it helps foranyone else wanting to work out travel plans try here..... http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/ thought i must add out of curio, i just checked out my journey and it gave me several weird options????? i know the easiest route is one train, one tube then walk, so why it was telling me bus , train tube, tube etc I have no idea LOL

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 9 Jan 2005 13:58

Thanks Shelli, have emailed you. Viv

valinkent

valinkent Report 9 Jan 2005 15:28

Hi Maz I hope to be there, will be coming into London Bridge.Should be able to get to it from there should,nt i ??? Is there a reduction for O.A.Pssssssss????????he heeeeeee Val xx

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Jan 2005 15:39

Hi Maz i suppose i'll have to come, if only to stop you getting arrested, and make sure you don't get to bullied, of course, you being so quiet and vulnerable. i'll see if Martyn can make it to lol sandra