General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

has any1 found any1 famous in there tree

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 11 Jan 2005 20:28

or if u wanted to b related to any1 in the world who would it b and y i would love to c norman wisdom in my tree cos he is soooooo funny lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 20:34

I have a cousin (quite distant, something like third cousin once removed) who was a professional footballer - played for Wolves amongst other clubs, and a few times for England. N others yet though.

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 11 Jan 2005 20:36

Not any of mine so far. Just ordinary folk - mostly agricultural labourers. Lucia :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 20:40

My great-grandmother was very famous in her village (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) - does that count? Mandy ;)

tinkers

tinkers Report 11 Jan 2005 20:41

hehe

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 20:46

Mandy... perhaps the word you were looking for is "infamous"

Elaine

Elaine Report 11 Jan 2005 20:48

My Gt Grandmothers brother is famous for being the 1st man killed when his parachute failed to open. Elaine x. (thought this was quite sad)

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 20:51

Paul, you could be right. It seems she was the founder member of the Mile Long Club (this is the train version of the Mile High Club). Mandy :))

Caroline

Caroline Report 11 Jan 2005 20:54

Don't know if you would call him famous, but apparently quite known in the 1930's Boxer Len Harvey

Avril

Avril Report 11 Jan 2005 22:18

not really but my grandfather made shoes for lilly langtree

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 11 Jan 2005 22:28

I knew they were in there to start with... My dads line... a proffesional footballer who played for premiership team. and mums line... The Alexander Brothers who have just been given MBE's in the new years honours lists.. not major famous but fame anyway... LOL Shaz x

Paul (Tigger)

Paul (Tigger) Report 11 Jan 2005 22:30

Dont know if this guy counts or not LOL The Chief Justice Of England to HRH Queen Elizabeth 1 Sir Christopher Wray Paul

Emma

Emma Report 11 Jan 2005 22:51

We are APARENTLY RELATED TO THE FOOTBALLING CHARLTONS! X AND ALSO ALAN MILBURN MP?

Bob

Bob Report 11 Jan 2005 23:00

The other bloke who led the cavalry down the other side of the hill at the battle of Little Big Horn. We got beaten, but Hey! nothing changes.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2005 00:10

A Baron and his Lady. EM

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 12 Jan 2005 00:24

My uncle through marriage has been tracing his family tree and has discovered that he is related to none other than Robert Downey JR! When you see photos of them both at the same age you really can tell!!

Pat

Pat Report 12 Jan 2005 00:58

Bev that's great I have (so far) ordinary hard working folk like Whitesmiths, Glass Blowers and of course Labourers. Mandy Oooooohhh at least it makes it interesting don't it? LOL I'd love to have a footballer or like Caroline a Boxer or any sports person as I was a sporty type (save comments please) at school. Pat x

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Jan 2005 12:24

erm - my hubby lol - we are in yet another article

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 13 Jan 2005 12:52

im related to arthur annesley,the 1st earl of anglesey susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Jan 2005 12:53

and we are related - distantly to susie lol