General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

has anybody met any one famous

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2005 20:13

Last July I went to c Donny Osmond in concert, I entered a competition to see him backstage for me plus a guest so I took my 17 year old daughter and it was brill anne

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 20 Jan 2005 20:15

Hi I met Lesley Gratham and chatted to him when they were filming down the docks where I worked a few years ago. Nicola xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jan 2005 20:17

Well not yet, but I'm meeting the extremely famous family historian, She Wray, in February. Mandy :)))

June

June Report 20 Jan 2005 20:17

When I lived in Blackpool, it was quite common to bump into the stars that were appearing in summer shows. they usually rented houses either in the resort or nearby, though one or two lived there anyway. and were often in the local shops. June xx

Bev

Bev Report 20 Jan 2005 20:17

I nursed Tony Britton's dad i met all the family Tony, Jasper,Fern and Cherrie. lovely lot not a bit stuck up. i also looked after Jeffery Archers mum but never met him. and john Cleese's uncle. Bev

Daniel

Daniel Report 20 Jan 2005 20:19

Not met but I've been in contact with the author Terry Deary for about 4 years. He's currently helping me with my book and has offered to write the foreword. Nice of him.

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 20 Jan 2005 20:20

Ross Kemp AKA Grant Mitchell ;-) He is a lovely guy. Walked up the street behind Adam Woodyat (Ian Beale) and Bonnie Langford one morning when they were doing panto in the town where I live. Her make up was thick and he was such a gimp and was swearing like a trooper.... LOL Shaz x

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2005 20:21

when we lived in southampton my husband had to go and pay some bills at the bank and he was being served when danny le rue walks in and went to the next window to do his business there as well anne

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jan 2005 20:21

the job I was in I was able to meet the beatles,the stones,and several soap stars,also Shirley Bassey minus wig

Red

Red Report 20 Jan 2005 20:23

Met Mike Reid, Sarah Greene, Keith Cheguin when i went to Saturday Super Store.

Eagles 4

Eagles 4 Report 20 Jan 2005 20:26

Met most of Crystal Palace players and had my photo taken with a lot of them

Jayne

Jayne Report 20 Jan 2005 20:29

Saw Lenny Henry years ago in the local post office, was amazed at how tall he was!

Sand

Sand Report 20 Jan 2005 20:30

Blimey Daniel! What's your book about? My Dad's writing our family history book, and my brother's written two novels (not published yet). I met Peter Purves, but it's a painful memory...I was on a school trip to Beamish Open Air Museum and we bumped into him filming a piece to camera for Blue Peter. He promised us his autograph 'later'....we never saw him again....I'm still in counselling for the trauma.... Met Mike Read-when he was cool! Also met Gillian Taylforth and her partner (famous for er-hmm) a few times, and knew her kids. I also get Xmas cards from Mike Neville--but only the Geordies amongst us will know who he is!

~~Ali~~

~~Ali~~ Report 20 Jan 2005 20:31

i saw tony blackburn at edinburgh airport the other day. i have also met the queen, fred the weather man and my hubby has met noel edmonds!!! my mum walked past bono and never spoke to him! she also went to the queen mums 100th birthday party and funeral! wow we live the high life!

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2005 20:33

forgot to mention i met big daddy the wrestler and giant haystacks lol anne

Daniel

Daniel Report 20 Jan 2005 20:34

Crimes on The Wirral in the 19th Century. Plan to start researching the old newspapers next week.

Red

Red Report 20 Jan 2005 20:36

Saw the lass that played Katie Rodgers in Brookside at woolies in Morecambe last year.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 20 Jan 2005 20:37

Richard O`Sullivan, Freddie Garity ( Freddy and the Dreamers ),Jessie Jackson,Colin Fry, Stirling Moss,Tom Jones,Demis Rousoss.Pat Jennings.

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Jan 2005 20:42

I stood a few feet away from Jonny Depp in Harrods just before Christmas. I still haven't got over it. He is just as lovely in the flesh. Cliff Richards went to the same school as me. My R.E. teacher was the chap he shared a house with. He made frequent trips back to the school. Have seen Jordan & Peter Andre in Tesco. Maxine

Karen

Karen Report 20 Jan 2005 20:43

Long list - Nick Berry, Neil Fox, Pat Sharpe, Mick Brown, Phil Scofield, David Bowie (he trod on my foot outside Capital Radio station and didnt say sorry) loads of the SAW/Pete Waterman groups/artists in the early 90's plus probably loads more but for the life of me I cant think of them - will have to go through my autograph book and me with famous people photo album :-) Karen (sounding like a groupie! - me and my friends used to go up to London on a Sunday and hang about outside Radio 1 and Capital Radio when we were 16/17 years old)