General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Max and Vicky

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trish

Trish Report 9 Nov 2003 08:09

As most of you probably know Max and Vicky were injured in a nasty car accident while on holiday in America. Would just like to send them my best wishes and that they have a speedy recovery.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 9 Nov 2003 08:18

i also want to send them my love and best wishes lou xx

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 9 Nov 2003 08:28

Max has had a dreadful night but the good news is that she has just been told Vicky will make a good recovery. Nothing broken. She will have to wear a neck brace for a while and as she is now minus her spleen, will have to be careful of infections. Kathleen

BrianW

BrianW Report 9 Nov 2003 08:28

News to me, but every best wish for a full and speedy recovery.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 9 Nov 2003 08:47

I was "rear-ended" last week and can sympathize with the neck pain. Sorry to hear about their accident. Not a pleasant thing to have happen when you're away from home; hope they were given extra care and attention. I wish them the best. PS I am just reading the members board -- didn't realize it was that serious -- my prayers are with everyone, Max.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 9 Nov 2003 09:11

It was a horrific accident, their car was hit head on and upended. Poor Max was in a dreadful state. However the news is now good. Vicky has had her spleen removed, she has some trauma to a kidney which they say will heal in time. It was thought her liver was damaged but thankfully not . She has a sprained wrist and a badly bruised ankle. At the moment she is recovering from surgery but is expected to make a good recovery. Max has some pain in her lower back and a bruise on her forehead where it hit the dashboard. Her Dad is flying out there and will be with them in a few hours - about 10 hours time I think. Kathleen

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 9 Nov 2003 09:21

I am sad now, hearing of Max and Vicky's accident. Max, I just want you to know that even though I am miles away my every thoughts are with you and Vicky. When Vicky wakes up please give her a BIG HUG from everyone of us on GC! With love to you both. Fi and Angel xxxxxxxxxx

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Nov 2003 09:32

So sorry to hear about your accident. All good wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you. Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Nov 2003 09:43

Max & Vicky, I was so sorry to read this about your accident. I do hope you both soon are back on your feet. Hugs Jim

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 9 Nov 2003 09:52

Max, just finished reading the members book. I was in an accident last week and had quite a bit of pain at the back of my head, but that was it. Was warned by the paramedics, fire fighters, police officer and friends that it would take a day or two before I really felt any pain. It took two days, then it hit me. Just a word of advice -- you may feel terrible within the next day or two but that will be a typical reaction. (Keep and eye on the pain though, don't hesitate to get help.) If there is anything I can do from here, please leave a message on one of the boards.

June

June Report 9 Nov 2003 10:40

Max and Vicky, I wish you a speedy recovery. To those of you at GC I think it is marvellous the way you "stuck" with Max throughout her ordeal. Now who says this isn't a wonderful site! Thankyou to all of you, and best wished to Max and Vicki. June

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 9 Nov 2003 10:45

Max and Vicky, Hugs to you both. Love from Granny Elisabeth

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 9 Nov 2003 11:09

Just so everyone knows I have sent Max and Vicky a virtual cards via email. This is what i put on the inside of the card which has a vase of tulips on it. Everyone on Genesconnected have asked me to send you this card to let you know that all our thoughts are with you both. We look forward to your speedy recovery and safe return home. Lots of Love and Hugs

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Nov 2003 11:34

Hi Max and Vicky - would have sworn l had already put a message on here,either me brains fuddled or its deleted itself(brain fuddled more like). Anyway l do hope you both have a speedy recovery and that your dad soon arrives safely to be with you both. Chin up Max your a tuffy,we're all thinking of you ,loads of love and hugs xx:)) Love to Jason and ur parents as well xx Jude

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Nov 2003 12:09

Max and Vicky I only came on the PC about 30 mins ago and was shocked at what I was reading. I looked at Members but couldn't read all of it cause of the new system of only going back 20 pages. Dave and me wish you both a speedy recovery. You will be a lot better when your dad gets there to you. Love and XXXX Margaret

Andy

Andy Report 9 Nov 2003 12:24

I was still flicking around the boards in the early hours of the morning and was shocked to hear the news. A bewildering and devastating experience that no-one should have to face. Keeping my fingers crossed that Vicky makes a full and speedy recovery. My thoughts go out to both of you. Andy.

Loz From Leices

Loz From Leices Report 9 Nov 2003 12:52

I'm so glad that Vicky has recovered. I saw Max's messages last night but didn't like to butt in as I hadn't spoken to her before and there was obviously some friends out there for her. It had me in tears and I spent a sleepless night wondering how they were. So releived. All the best and heres hoping for a speedy recovery. Lorraine

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 9 Nov 2003 13:14

Just put computer on and find it really hard to believe what I'm reading. Get well soon Vicky & Max, we are all thinking of you. Take Care Love Sally & Dave xxxx

Jen

Jen Report 9 Nov 2003 13:18

the news on max and vicky was an awful shock i hope everything is going ok max my thoughts and wishes are with you heres a great big wish bear hug

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 9 Nov 2003 13:27

This message is from Tina White who is at her mothers at the moment. ( no PC ) Hi Max & Vicky, Sorry to hear your bad news, Hope you both make a full recovery. Safe journey back to England. Speak to you soon. Love Tina xxx