General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your favourite films?

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 20 Mar 2004 20:15

see below

Andy

Andy Report 20 Mar 2004 20:16

OK, we had the Desert Island Discs thread, so I suppose you could call this the movie equivalent of that thread. So once again, you’re allowed 8 choices. Thinking caps on, now! Having given this some thought, these are mine in no particular order: Withnail & I Lord Of The Rings (as a trilogy) Groundhog Day The Shining Pleasantville Get Carter (the original) Almost Famous Mallrats

Michelle

Michelle Report 20 Mar 2004 20:25

Lord of the Rings Ghost Sixth Sense Lethal Weapon 1, 2, 3, 4 Twin Town Seventh Sign Die Hard Road House And a couple of spares Blade 1 and 2 Matrix M.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Mar 2004 20:32

You'll notice from my list I like a good "weepy" & a musical 1st - Sophie's Choice 2nd - Westside Story 3rd - The Green Mile 4th - Miracle In the Rain 5th - Romeo and Juliet 6th - Carousel 7th - The Shawshank Redemption 8th - Grease bye Christine

Zoe

Zoe Report 20 Mar 2004 20:38

In no particular order: Pay It Forward The Usual Suspects Quadrophenia Coyote Ugly The Breakfast Club Sixteen Candles/Pretty In Pink (both totally interchangeable John Hughes teen angst love stories) erm.... I'm thinking - I'll add the other two when I've mentally gone through the video shelf at home

Lynn

Lynn Report 20 Mar 2004 21:09

Oh Andy this is as hard to think of as desert Island Disc's but here goes:- Highlander1........all that Queen music Top gun.....cos I'm a big fan of Val Kilmer Midnight Express........1st video I ever saw...great movie An innocent Man....Tom selleck Face off.....John Travolta/Nicholas Cage The Jass Singer....Neil Diamond Sleepless in seattle....Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan Erin Brockovich....Julia Roberts..based on a true story gosh didn't that eight go quick I could carry on..and on..........and on Lynn

Rick

Rick Report 20 Mar 2004 21:43

Only 8 again ? I've narrowed it down to 19 ! A random selection.... It's a Wonderful Life The Godfather part II Apocolypse Now The 5th Element Edward Scissorhands Raise the Red Lantern Blade Runner Wings of Desire Can I sneak Blood Simple, and Pulp Fiction in too & then I'll be happy ? Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 20 Mar 2004 21:48

It's no good, feeling guilty about missing out: Harvey The Usual Suspects 12 Monkeys Once Upon A Time in America Alien Eraserhead Harold and Maude Citizen Kane Fargo Rick.

John

John Report 20 Mar 2004 22:24

Schindler's List Finding Nemo Sound of Music Grease Planet of the Apes Life of Brian Italian Job Groundhog Day Tried to pick a few different genres!

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 20 Mar 2004 22:29

In Order: A Star is Born (1970's version) Kind Hearts and Coronets Men in Black Death Race 2000 Blade 1 Blade 2 Heavens Gate Gone With The Wind (as you can probably tell I like Kris Kristopherson!)

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 20 Mar 2004 23:26

No particular order: The Bodyguard Dirty Dancing To Sir with Love Grease Shrek A Knight's Tale Sixth Sense A Wonderful Life

Trish

Trish Report 21 Mar 2004 07:29

Now this is hard cos I never remember film titles but any Beatles film - the one with the talking cockroaches - White Christmas - Star Trek movies (any of them) - and any horror film that's going

Darren white

Darren white Report 21 Mar 2004 07:37

I would have to have: American Grafitti Any of the Star trek films Ask A Policeman (Will Hay) Oh Mr Porter (Will Hay) School for Scoundrels (Terry Thomas and Ian Carmichael) Dirty Dancing (brings back VERY good memories of Skeggie) Raiders of the Lost ark Spiderman Darren(back at work) :-(

Susan

Susan Report 21 Mar 2004 09:09

Ok heres mine The African Queen The Third Man What Women Want Pirates of the Caribbean The Italian Job (with michael Caine) and finally my all time fave is an old John Wayne film The Three Godfathers. Thats it folks Sue

Suzy

Suzy Report 21 Mar 2004 10:30

Here is my choice: 1. Shawshank Redemption - by a mile 2. A Wonderful Life 3. The Godfather 4. Grease 5. Rainman 6. A Few Good Men 7. Bird On A Wire 8. Beverly Hills Cop Plus anything else with Mel Gibson, Eddie Murphy. Also, I love the Harry Potter films, for my kids of course!! And any of the Ealing Comedies. I can't believe only two others have SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION in their top 8. It is one of those films that a lot of people haven't heard of. If you get a chance to see it, do. It's probably the most inspirational film you will ever see. And it's based on a Stephen King book!

Andy

Andy Report 21 Mar 2004 11:00

Suzanne, I very nearly had The Shawshank Redemption in my Top 8 as it is an excellent film and one I've enjoyed time and again, but I also feel guilty about having left Ferris Bueller's Day Off from my list also (!), however it makes a little more interesting if you put a limit on the number of choices. :-)

Suzy

Suzy Report 21 Mar 2004 13:43

ANDY How true. I think I could have had 20 in my list. Did you get the idea from last night's "100 Best Movies" programme? Were you as disappointed as I was with the number 1...! What an anti-climax. I notice nobody has got it in their top 8. Suzanne

Andy

Andy Report 21 Mar 2004 13:49

Suzanne, Unfortunately, I didn't see it but I'm usually in disagreement with their choice of Top 10 whenever they do these polls. What was number 1? Andy.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 21 Mar 2004 14:17

Not in any order The Nun's story Grease White Christmas Colditz Pretty Woman Railyway Children Goodbye Mr Chips Schindlers List Could go on though. Liz

Suzy

Suzy Report 21 Mar 2004 14:17

Star Wars!!!