General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

is any body related to any one famous

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 3 Apr 2004 21:45

hi i am related to walter swinburn the jockey as any one else come across a famous relation?while researching there family history .

Jane

Jane Report 3 Apr 2004 21:50

Jayne, funny you should ask, I was told by my mother that her father told her he was related to Davy Jones from The Monkeys, however I have very little to go on and have drawn a blank at the moment.

Marie-Therese

Marie-Therese Report 3 Apr 2004 22:10

hi,,i was told that i am related to boy george,his grandmother and mine where sisters,,dont know if its true or not.

Jayne

Jayne Report 3 Apr 2004 22:17

hi marie and jane i would defanetly try and follow that up i love the monkeys and boy george hope you both find the link on them two . my mates when i tell them i am related to walter swinburn they say WHO? lol good luck .

Peter

Peter Report 3 Apr 2004 22:18

Lord Nelson appears in my tree, but I gather he spread his favours, and appears in most trees if you look hard enough. Peter Barker

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Apr 2004 22:26

Now that Elvis' ancestors have been found to be from Scotland, I'd LOVE to find a link. Oh well I'll just have to keep searching. lol. Oh just remembered my cousin's son used to play for Celtic and now plays in goal for Motherwell F.C. - Barry John Corr!

Jayne

Jayne Report 3 Apr 2004 22:33

lol cristine that would be my husbands dream dont get me wrong i like elvis but when you listen to him 24-7 it gets a bit much lol my husbands family descend from scotland i havent got to do is tree yet it would be a fantastic if any one had ELVIS PRESLEY in there tree .

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 3 Apr 2004 22:55

I am descended from Adam and Eve. Len

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Apr 2004 22:57

Nice one Len, me too. Guess that makes us related!!!

Nigel

Nigel Report 4 Apr 2004 12:48

Well my Mum is an Austen, and all her ancestors come from the Godmersham area of Kent, near Canterbury. Jane Austen (the novelist) had a brother who lived there, had a farm, and had sons. I am hoping we are related, but cannot get past my great-grandfather yet :o(

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 4 Apr 2004 12:56

There may be a link to Sir Jack Hobbs the famous cricketer in my grandmothers family. He used to visit her sister but have yet to connect him with the surnames Turner and Blythe in Fordham, Cambs. Viv.

Debbi

Debbi Report 4 Apr 2004 13:54

I'm related to Cary Grant.

Maggie

Maggie Report 4 Apr 2004 14:40

Probably related to golfer Nick Faldo(my mother's maiden name). I'm having trouble confirming it, can't seem to find anyone else researching the Faldo tree. Maggie Wicks

Susanne

Susanne Report 5 Apr 2004 14:56

Got Family book through the post this morning and found a distant link to Cardinal Richeleiu as in the three musketeers.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Apr 2004 15:12

I had a 3rd cousin who played football pofessionally in the 30s, he played for several teams the most well known being Wolves. His name was George Henson.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 5 Apr 2004 20:06

I am related to Geoff Hurst the footballer,,,,his grandfather and mine were cousins,,,so rumour has it,,im still trying to prove the link

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 5 Apr 2004 20:13

My Auntie - Paula Jane MacAskill is a country, Scottish and Irish music singer/performer - Hails from Fort William - Anyone know her? Also my Mum's cousin - Maxine Tobias - is a yoga expert and has written many books and teaches the likes of John Cleese and Prince Andrew amongst others.

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 5 Apr 2004 20:14

My Boyfriend is realted to John Inman the actor - John Inmans Mum was his fathers mothers cousin!

Louise

Louise Report 5 Apr 2004 21:19

im told that my family are related to the kenndy family

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 5 Apr 2004 23:57

I was sitting in the local, minding my own business, when the landlord came in, looked at me and said "God - you still here?"