General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Said our goodbyes to the house

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine (Lorr)

Lorraine (Lorr) Report 3 Jun 2004 16:40

Today was one of the saddest I've known. This week we've been saying our cheerio's to our Mum & Dad's house. It's been our home for 50 years. Today was my last time there before I hand the keys in tomorrow. My Mum passed away 27/12/02 and Dad 8/1/04. I've taken loads of photo's and can sit here with them on the computer........

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jun 2004 16:42

Lorr - big hugs to you petal. {{{{{{LORR}}}}}}

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 3 Jun 2004 16:44

lorraine im so sad for you hun. hugs and cuddles susie

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 3 Jun 2004 16:45

Lorr, You may have said goodbye to the house but not the memories. Chin up. Sue

June

June Report 3 Jun 2004 16:50

Hi Lorr Yes but you haven't said Cheerio to your memories, with those photos and your memories you can pass many a pleasant hour

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 3 Jun 2004 16:50

Oh Lorr, that's so sad. You have your pictures and memories, and can treasure them always. My heart is with you, and am sending loads of hugs and love your way. Lisa xx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Jun 2004 16:51

Agree with the others Lorr. Nobody can take away your memories. Best wishes and take care Christine

Lorraine (Lorr)

Lorraine (Lorr) Report 3 Jun 2004 16:54

As always you humble me with your replies, I listen to all you say - THANK YOU x x x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jun 2004 17:23

Lorr, I know how you feel, we did that two years ago, awful feeling. so thinking of you. One tip, don't go round there to see it after the new people move in, they will have changed things and it is really upsetting. Leave i a while before you go back to look. ann Glos

Lindy

Lindy Report 3 Jun 2004 17:30

Hi Lorr, How sad! I know the feeling, but the memories will stay with you forever. hugs! Lindy;-)

Lorraine (Lorr)

Lorraine (Lorr) Report 3 Jun 2004 17:36

Ann Thank you for the tip - although I have some good friends up the road I've said to them that I didn't know if I could visit after - I think you're right x

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jun 2004 17:40

Hi Lorr - Know how you feel. Like you l have loads of memories and photo's,and we just have to move on.Take care:o) Loads of hugs - Jude s.wales x

Lynda

Lynda Report 3 Jun 2004 18:55

Dear Lorr I'm sorry you feeling sad, but remember your mum and dad will be with you wherever you are, you only have to think of them and they'll be right there for you, watching over you. Lots of love and hugs ((((((((((xxxxxxx)))))))))))) Lynda

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Jun 2004 19:49

Hi Lorr i feel for you, but you have your memories take care sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jun 2004 21:12

Oh Lorr, I'm sorry this is such a sad day for you. Thinking of you and sending you love and big hugs, Mandy xx

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 3 Jun 2004 21:28

Lorr, a big hug to you. You will always have your memories and have your photos to look back on. It sounds like it was a happy home for your family and you will have those memories to make you smile. Sheila x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jun 2004 21:35

Lorr, Don't not visit your friends, just explain that you want to leave it a couple of months and get them to come to you. Ann Glos

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 3 Jun 2004 21:40

Lorr Huggggs (((((((0))))))) Take Care Hun xxxx Jan xxxxxx

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 3 Jun 2004 23:23

Hi Lorr. Not been about for a while, just catching up with the boards. Theres nothing I can say that your other friends on here have not already said. Just look after your self. Luv Mal

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 3 Jun 2004 23:44

Hello Lorr, What a sad time for you - Whenever I go up to Nottm. I still like to see the house where I grew up - it brings back so many memories. Some happy, some sad. Expect you have had some of both haven't you. Will you be staying in the Southampton area? Don't forget to bring some of your piccies to our Winchester do will you. Love and hugs Norah