General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

feeling very down today.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jun 2004 11:07

had a really hard time with my relationship yesterday.don't know how i'll get through this one.my marriage is on the verge of collapse and don't know where to turn or who to talk to.

Sandra

Sandra Report 4 Jun 2004 11:15

Hi Lisa I've been their 3 times, if you need to talk you can email me direct to get it off your chest sandra

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jun 2004 11:16

thanks for your kind words sandra and your support.they mean alotx

Philip

Philip Report 4 Jun 2004 11:26

Hello Lisa, So very sorry to hear your news. Like Sandra, I've been there twice before, and it's no great fun, in fact quite the opposite. No easy way through, but do call me up if I can help in any way. Keep your chin up! Big hug, Philip

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jun 2004 11:27

thanks philip,really appreciate your kind words.x

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jun 2004 11:45

thankyou so much linda,for reading my thread and giving me support.it's so nice to know people carex

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jun 2004 11:46

thankyou terry for your kind words it means so muchx

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jun 2004 12:03

thanks for your kind words will consider what you said but the problem runs deeper than just a falling outx

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jun 2004 12:25

Lisa, Sad to hear you're having tough times - won't offer too many platitudes, no-one can know how what's going on, or how you're feeling but yourself. But hard times come and hard times go - you'll be a stringer person at the end of it. Take care of YOURSELF that's what's important. Paul

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jun 2004 12:38

Lisa, Just a note to offer my support. You have lots of friends on here ready to listen at any time. Thinking of you Ann Glos

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 4 Jun 2004 13:11

Lisa, would he be willing to try counselling? Sometimes a neutral person can make all the difference. Sorry you're down. Keep talking to us on here and you know we'll help if we can. Pam

Tammie

Tammie Report 4 Jun 2004 13:23

Lisa, I'm in exactly the same boat at the minute, and its a very lonely place. if you wanna talk, feel free to contact me, we can help each other through it, Tammie

Stacey

Stacey Report 4 Jun 2004 14:28

Hi Lisa, Just last night I was talking to my partner about, love and feelings in a relationship. We really thrashed it out, womens feelings vs mens feelings etc. It wasnt an arguement just discussions! I hate upset and always try everything to put things right, if you need to hear a friendly voice then you can all me 24/7, if the phone is rinning then I am awake! Many a night I have been on the phone to my friends when they are inconsolable. It helps to hear a friendly voice with kind words when you feel alone. I have done it myself, screamed shouted, paced round and round the house, looking at the numbers in my phone and wondering who to call. I hope that you do start to feel better. With love Stacy x x x x

Lynda

Lynda Report 4 Jun 2004 14:41

Hi Lisa Sorry to hear your going through a difficult time. Don't think I'd be a great help on the advice front. All I can really add is "It won't alwys be dark at seven!!!!" not much help I know at the moment, but thinking of you and really hope things work out for you. Take care Luv Lynda xxxx

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 4 Jun 2004 14:41

hi lisa im sorry to hear your having problems i hope it sorts its self out soon , thinking of you hang in there. big hugs tracy

BrianW

BrianW Report 4 Jun 2004 14:47

Even after a heart to heart you may still see things differently: GIRL's DIARY: FRIDAY 21st June 2002. Saw John in the evening and he was acting really strangely.I went shopping in the afternoon with the girls and I did turn up a bit late so I thought it might be that. The bar was really crowded and loud so I suggested we go somewhere quieter to talk. He was still very subdued and distracted so I suggested we go somewhere nice to eat. All through dinner he just didn't seem himself; he hardly laughed, and didn't seem to be paying any attention to me or to what I was saying. I just knew that something was wrong. He dropped me back home and I wondered if he was going to come in; he hesitated, but followed. I asked him again if there was something the matter but he just half shook his head and turned the television on. After about 10 minutes of silence, I said I was going upstairs to bed. I put my arms around him and told him that I loved him deeply. He just gave a sigh, and a sad sort of smile. He didn't follow me up, but later he did, and I was surprised when we made love. He still seemed distant and a bit cold, and started to think that he was going to leave me, and that he had found someone else. I cried myself to sleep. ========================================================= BOY'S DIARY FRIDAY 21st June 2002. England lost to Brazil 2-1. Got a shag though.

Stacey

Stacey Report 4 Jun 2004 15:04

Brian I love the message! I was talking about this all night long with my partner. We both agreed that women think too much and men dont think enough. It puts life into persepctive (hope that is spelt right) Has anyone got Sky/Discovery channel? Well they are got programmes about relationships the high the lows etc and I have found some good advice! Would reccommend it to anybody!

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 4 Jun 2004 17:07

lisa im thinking of you and hope you r able to sort things out one way or another and i say the same as the others...im here if u need a chat take care lou x

June

June Report 4 Jun 2004 17:38

Hi Lisa, Wish I could be of some help but am at the moment going through a seperation and this will end in divorce. All I can say is go with your heart not your head, as I hesitated for far too long and it has made things much harder on all concerned. Thinking of you Lots of Love June x

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Jun 2004 16:14

thankyou so much for all your kind words and support.sorry i haven't replyed to you all personally but i was not expecting such a kind response from all of you that replyed.it is nice to know there are people that care about you even though we only know each other through this web-site.once again thankyou all i am very choked by it all.lisaxx