General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Guess what i did today

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 30 Jul 2004 21:39

Hiya I made some Plum Jam really chuffed with myself, i made 8llb ok it's a bit over boiled might be chewy could be good for sticking my false teeth in, certainly a good adhesive judging by the working surfaces the sausepan handle the cooker top the sink the wooden spoon handle and the kitchen floor, oh and my shirt, trousers, and slippers, but it tastes good and i did enjoy myself, anyway three cheers for me, better go and clean up now, David

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jul 2004 21:40

well done .your be taking over delia smith's job soonx

Daniel

Daniel Report 30 Jul 2004 21:43

Or Gordon Ramsey's if you've got a temper!

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jul 2004 21:44

Well done, David. You are doing really well. We are following your progress all the way and wishing you well all the time. Joy

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 30 Jul 2004 21:46

well done david :-)) lou x

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 30 Jul 2004 21:47

Well done David I bet you are really chuffed about what you have done today Bren

David

David Report 30 Jul 2004 21:54

DON'T HAVE A TEMPER DANIEL, but can swear. David

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 21:59

Well done David :o))- do you like profitta (can't spell) rolls,easy to make(don't ask me how) and delicious!!! can remember making them when kids were medium sized:o) jude s wales

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 30 Jul 2004 22:02

ooooer....Iv'e just had a vision of your false teeth grinning like mad stuck in a plum jam sarnie !! Well done Elaine x

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 22:06

well done david,now you will have to bake your own bread....ps,you have reminded me that i havent washed up yet...hi ho,hi ho...its off to the sink i goooo. bryan.

Margaret

Margaret Report 30 Jul 2004 22:13

Oh well done David, I made plum jam years ago, we had a plum tree in the garden so had to use them up some way. I also made plum wine.....god it was like paint stripper. Maggie

David

David Report 30 Jul 2004 22:45

Lynda go on have a go add another string to your bow, Hey Jude (clever or what) i've not tried pastry yet just imagine the scene all that flour i'd look like a snowman. Bryan got the washing up done, but keep sticking to the floor. David

Melinda

Melinda Report 30 Jul 2004 22:53

good luck to you david, i hope it tastes as nice as it sounds. luv melinda

bridan

bridan Report 30 Jul 2004 23:49

Well done David, I expect we shall see you on "Ready Steady, Cook" any day now!!! Cheers, Bridget

Mags

Mags Report 31 Jul 2004 05:26

Hope you get a question on jam making this week! Well done - now for the bread making??? Magsxx

Trish

Trish Report 31 Jul 2004 07:56

Well done David, I made some last year and was really pleased with myself. Trouble is I can't get the darned stuff out of the jars - it's a bit, shall we say, SOLID!!!!!!!

Fairy

Fairy Report 31 Jul 2004 07:58

Good for you David. You'r 'moving on' well done. See, we are still with you! Jo.

badger

badger Report 31 Jul 2004 08:18

Well done David ,gave up on jam making cause it always stayed runny,but i make some mean rolls and bread ,perhaps we should do a Swap?Fred.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 31 Jul 2004 10:12

Well done, David. If it does seem a bit chewy you could always pop a couple of spoonsful in a greased Pyrex dish, mix up a sponge and pour it on top for a tasty pud. Won't be long until the blackberries are about, - more jam jars needed?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Jul 2004 10:16

When i had some jam that had gone solid I put it a second at a time (no more) into the microwave until it was more runny and it worked. Don't do i any longer than a second at a time gradually, because of the sugar content it will overheat. any way David, well done. Just goes to show that you can do it, there is no magic secret. Ann Glos