General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

im off to rome tonight, yay!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 11:13

me and chick off to rome tonight for a long romantic weekend. any suggestions on activities apart from the obvious, trevi, colluseum etc.. thanks, paul...

Joy

Joy Report 13 Oct 2004 11:22

as it is a romantic weekend ---- romance, amore ... when in Rome ..etc. Wander round, don't plan too much ... passeggiata. Enjoy - and give my love to Rome please. My coin in the fountain in 1984 said I'd be back. Ciao, Paulo! Joy (Gioia)

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 11:25

thanks joy. whats passagitty whatsathingy?? x

Joy

Joy Report 13 Oct 2004 11:27

sorry, Paul, I was getting carried away with my love for Italy!! It just means wandering around really, going for a stroll. You know on holiday (well we did last week) wandering along the pavement to and fro. Joy

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 11:32

thanks joy, i like to sit outside a street cafe and watch the world go by. people watching is great!! baz, im not sure either lol!! im hoping for a chat with the pope while im there, maybe i can get hime to sign up to GR!!

Joy

Joy Report 13 Oct 2004 11:40

I love people watching, yes that's a must! Was doing that in Corfu last week. When I was there (Rome I mean), there was a big parade of priests including the Pope, and Mother Theresa was there too, for some special event. Didn't actually see them in person though. Buon viaggio, Paolo! Joy

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 11:43

elton john did a tribute song for mother theresa. called sandals in the bin!! ha ha ha!! x

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 13 Oct 2004 11:44

Paul, im so jealous i've wanted to go to Rome for ages. have a great time, Karen

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 13 Oct 2004 12:00

You lucky so and so... ok one tip if you can.... when you get to the airport get the METRO rather than a taxi.... Taxi's charge you double what is appearing on the meter as you are probably going into the centre of Rome... which can be about £30 and the train will cost you about £1 and is safe, clean and very very punctual.... you need to get a ticket from the Tabac before you get on the train. The ticket is valid on the bus too.... as long as you use it within 90 minutes of punching it with the time. Also when travelling around Rome.... nothing is more than half an hours walk from where you are.... so don't waste money on taxi's.... Book the colleseum to avoid queues. You are going to have the most amazing time.... I lived there for 4 months and have very very fond memories of it!! :O) My coin in the Trevi in 2001 says I will be back one day.... the one in 1999 worked so don't doubt it will again!! Ciao Bello!!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 13 Oct 2004 12:01

hows the packing going Paul,all done?

Fairy

Fairy Report 13 Oct 2004 12:03

If you get the chance go to Pompei. It's a two hour coach trip, but well worth it. Jo.

Joy

Joy Report 13 Oct 2004 12:06

... and Gaeta. ... only a weekend?! Joy

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 12:09

thanks for the tips di. im flying with a cheapy airline so we get dropped off an hour away but theres a free bus in to the centre so thats cool. karen of course i havent packed yet!! im working till 5, then home, pack and out the door at 7! got loads of time!! x

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 13 Oct 2004 12:11

thats what i like to hear,why can't everyone else be like us? my mum is packed about a week before she goes--why!!!!

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 12:13

hi manda. no i decided not to. i stood in the jewellery shop the other day looking at rings and i broke out in a cold sweat!! the timing doesnt seem right and having had a failed marriage im a bit over cautious now!! iis her birthday on the 3rd nov so i bought her a digital camera with the money i saved for the ring!!! xxx

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 12:15

i know karen. i checked my passport is valid, got some euros, upped the credit card limit, what more do i need!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 13 Oct 2004 12:17

excatly,although i'd need me contact lenses and straightners lol

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Oct 2004 12:44

hi Paul enjoy your romantic weekend, and we look forward to the update on monday, lol Sandra

Joy

Joy Report 13 Oct 2004 12:45

Paul - re "what more do i need!" - only your better half! Ti diverti! Joy

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 12:50

oh yeah i forgot about her! ha ha! we got a great deal though, £8.99 each for the flights and 4 nights accomm in an apartment for £250. thats good i think! xx