General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you take your Partner to the Works Christmas "D

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 13 Oct 2004 16:03

So let's see who takes their other half to the works Christmas do...... ;-)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 13 Oct 2004 16:04

I do G xxx

Tracey

Tracey Report 13 Oct 2004 16:04

Won't beat about the bush - no!! LOL Tracey

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 13 Oct 2004 16:05

Don't have a Works Christmas do.

Felicity

Felicity Report 13 Oct 2004 16:06

My husband and I stopped going to Christmas 'do's' when our respective firms decided that spouses were not welcome.

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 13 Oct 2004 16:06

We don't have one but he doesn't take me to his!! Jacky :-)

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 13 Oct 2004 16:07

Never!! Like to enjoy myself!

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 13 Oct 2004 16:10

It always seems to be an topic for debate. My previous employers used to pay for the Christmas do but then it changed. When the firm paid for it, the employee went free but you paid for a meal or whatever for your partner, when the employee paid for themsleves they also paid for their partner........... But they DID have the CHOICE of taking their partner!________ Where I work now, partners aren't welcome even if you want them to come.... so I have said I'm not going.____ Worse still, My husband's previous employer used to be the same .... Employee went free, partners quite rightly paid for themselves __________ Now where he works... HE CAN BRING A FRIEND, but partners are not allowed!!! So he has said also that he won't go........... Now both he and I are the butt of some peoples jokes because we don't or won't go alone.... but why should we be expected to? We don't expect our partner's to be paid for! And as for HIS works do.... well I am speachless..... must just be one big "Cop Off" !!! G :~ xxx

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 13 Oct 2004 16:16

Why do people say they want to have "fun"..... without their partner? I deeply love my husband, he is my best friend and have the most wicked fun when I am with him..... We both always say "NO" to any works "do" if the partner isn't welcome. G xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 16:27

I quite agree Gee; probably like most working couples, we don't get to spend a great deal of time together, so it's nice to go to a Christmas do together. That's why we got married - because we like each other lol! Mandy :)

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 16:28

we do. although my companies are really boring! chicks are great though, black tie do in posh hotel, hotel accomm paid for, free drinks, free round of golf and free food. for employees AND partners! x

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 13 Oct 2004 16:29

I have to go to his. YAWN . Honest,I'm very good really, I say all the right things and try to sound interested but inside I'm really yawning and sayng GET A LIFE Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 16:33

It depends on the "do". Sometimes spouses are invited, in which case she comes, sometimes it's staff only in which case she doesn't - simple ! Sadly the last two years we haven't actually had a Christmas Party - not only did the company refuse to pay a contribution, last year they actually banned people from organising their own ! Bah Humbug !

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 13 Oct 2004 16:34

I take my hubby to my works do (and its all paid for by the boss) but hubby's firm is for the work force only, so I can't go - so.........I treat myself to something really expensive and delicious that night (it's Johnny Depp this year!!) Jacqui

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 16:38

no i don't .have more of a laugh without him.can let my hair downxxxx(:

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 13 Oct 2004 17:21

How do you "have fun" or "let your hair down" in a way that you can't when your hubby / wife / partner is there?......... Sorry if I need it spelling out..... it's just that I don't have that problem so I am really interested to know what you get up to when the other half isn't around ;-) G xxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 17:23

gee B don't get up to anything.my husband goes to his work do's on his own and so do i.we live in each others pockets most of the time so it's nice to go on your own.my husband has a thing about women being drunk.and i will be so that's why he is not goingxxxx(:

N

N Report 13 Oct 2004 17:30

no , LOL, nobody takes there partners where i work, its the partners choice, also, 9 times out of 10 we dont have anything in comman with the partners, as with work collagues you do. does'nt mean your not perfect if you dont go together. i also believe that even though married, you should do things seperatly, its not about not loving them etc, its about being your own person , having your own hobbies,interests etc, etc. I make sure at least once a month i have a girl night with all my friends, its great.

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 13 Oct 2004 17:31

My other half is his own Boss so he doesnt have a xmas do and I work at home so I dont have one either but I can say that any neither one of us goes anywhere without the other so if we did have work do's then yes I'd take him and he'd take me! I know we are are a couple of saddo's but hey when we go out we dont have to sit on each others heads all night I can be me and he can be himself so we have a great time. Shaz x

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 13 Oct 2004 17:37

Agree with you Gaynor, I am totally in love with my other half and he is with me! Now my ex... that was a different thing entirely... he was a control freak and on the very rare occasion that we were out together I hated it... Any Guy looking at me would end up getting it and then so would I when we got home. But my Darling Man now is not like that and guess what? I Can actually dance with other males and greet them with a hug and leave them with a peck on the cheek. My man trusts me (rightly so) and I trust him (rightly so) yes Gaynor I wouldnt go anywhere without him... like you and yours ... we prefer to be together! Shaz x