General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I think im gonna tell them to stick their job

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 9 Nov 2004 09:01

I have come in early yet again for my boss, im always stayin late i dont get payed overtime and as soon as i get in this morning, i get shouted at for making a bloody mistake...im sick of people thinking they can talk to me like s**t just cos im 19, they have also told me that there not gonna get a replacement for me for when i start my secretary job, so i have to do both jobs for the same salary i get now, i feel like tellin them to stick their job up there ass and find some other skivvy to take their crap! Steph

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 9 Nov 2004 09:02

sorry to moan first thing! xx

Curly

Curly Report 9 Nov 2004 09:08

Oh Steph! I'm so sorry you were so pleased for yourself too. Do you normally enjoy your job and the people you work with? If so don't do anything hasty, they are taking the p*** but look at all the experience you are gaining and how good that will look on your CV in a years time when you really can tell them to stick their job somewhere uncomfortable!!!

Bec

Bec Report 9 Nov 2004 09:24

Oh honey :-( If it makes you feel any better I work with the honey monster! Love becx

Sprack

Sprack Report 9 Nov 2004 09:27

dont stay if your not happy steph, I remember my first job printing labels for tablet bottles in loveridges southampton, I had to set the rubber letters which were all backwards into a block to form the words and the boss came up and thumped me in the back and told me I was too slow so I left, mind you that was in the early sixties. jenny x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 9 Nov 2004 09:30

Speak to someone at the citizens advice bureaux They will be able to advise if what there doing is above board or not . Elaine x ps remember if you do leave under a cloud it may affect what they put in future job referances. Also if you leave you prob wont be able to get benifits. And with xmas coming....

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 9 Nov 2004 09:45

Ok just as i went to see my boss, one of the guys upstairs was havin a flap bout somethin and ordered me to go get him a lightbulb...so i just turned to my boss and said we need to sit down and talk pretty soon cos im about to walk! so she said yes we will talk later, just count to ten, so she must know what im talking about! xxx

Bec

Bec Report 9 Nov 2004 09:56

I too have a lovely boss. When I told him I was leaving the first thing he said was how much he'd miss me and then if I needed ANYTHING to help me with my new job I was to call him. He's holding the interviews today for my replacement but as he's been such a sweetheart I may even stay here another week to help him out. I wish all people could realise how much nicer the atmosphere is when everyone gets on! becx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 9 Nov 2004 10:05

let me guess Bendy, you are your own boss? xx

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 9 Nov 2004 10:06

Your mother!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 9 Nov 2004 10:15

lol bendy, its just so hard to control my temper you know, im like a little firework, one spark and there i go, i just wanna box their faces in! x

Nicola

Nicola Report 9 Nov 2004 10:18

They should not be able to do that - just lump you with your old work and new work with no increase in salary! My man is a union rep - I will find out were you stand with this! Just not right!

Bec

Bec Report 9 Nov 2004 10:20

I feel like jacking it in today as well now! Bloody supplier just rang up and shouted at me! I'm only the secretary, if he hasn't been paid it's not my fault! Am all red and hot and bothered now! becx <all flustered>

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Nov 2004 10:21

Sometimes... you just have to go with the flow, take the extra work and prove what an asset you are, which helps in the long run... however sometimes they're taking the piss and you have to make a stand.. and this appears to be one of those cases. Your boss used the right phrase though - count to 10. Speak to your boss calmly, explain what you're unhappy about... and if nothing changes then at least you've tried. Don't explode though - it'll do you no good, and as has been previously mentioned, you want to make sure you get a good reference if you decide to leave.

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 9 Nov 2004 10:30

Steph Behave yourself. Bendy don't wind her up any more or she'll get her knickers knotted! Okay kiddo. Simple. As Bendy said go to the agencies. Sign on with them and they will send you to lots of different types of companies. Find one you really like and the chances are they will offer you a permanent job. But remember, attitude is everything. As my colleague says "Show willing for a shilling".

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 9 Nov 2004 10:33

yeah that is a good idea...i just fell like its such a waste, i have worked my ass off for these people, and i just feel so bloody let down, i just think the way i have been spoken to just topped it for me...sod it, im going for a fag! lol xxxx

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 9 Nov 2004 10:42

Steph No recrimminations intended but if you are at work then why are you on this line. Not doing yourself any favours there girl. Was trying to give up smoking but think I'll have a ciggie myself.My hubby was puttting out wheelie bins this a.m. fell on his bum and dislocated his thumb. Thats why I'm not at work!

Craig

Craig Report 9 Nov 2004 10:57

Hi Steph, I've always let my mouth run away with me before I've considered the consequences, and it generally isn't for the best. For now, just tell them that if you take on both jobs, you refuse to be treated like a gopher. With all the extra work you'll be doin' you won't have time for running around after anyone else. In six months they won't be able to find anyone else to fill tour shoes so, make yourself indespensable!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 9 Nov 2004 11:14

i normally come on here quickly when im on reception or my break, oh yeh forgot to tell you that im there part time receptionist aswell! lol xxx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 9 Nov 2004 11:30

K maybe it aint all bad, my boss is taking me and the girlsto lunch cos one of them is leaving! xx