General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANOTHER THREAD FOR THOSE AWAKE IN THE SMALL HOURS

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 10 Nov 2004 23:36

Due to GR losing all my threads etc etc. I am hoping that those that contributed to the old thread would like to see it back again. Believe it or not I really needed the thread on a couple of occasions this past week. But I could not get onto GR. I hope you all sleep tight. But if you do need this thread please use it. Just in case I need it again. Jenny

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 10 Nov 2004 23:43

Nice to see you back on Jenny. I for one am always up during the night, so thanks. Christine

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 10 Nov 2004 23:56

Jenny when I can not sleep you are having your breakfast LOL..... We are 5 hours behind you, Good idea though give's me some one to chat to when hubby is on lates. Love Debs.

Pat

Pat Report 11 Nov 2004 00:03

Good you got back Mommy OK here I am again Hello Christine fancy seeing you here so EARLY LOL> Pat x

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 11 Nov 2004 00:27

Hi Pat, just as well I have "in Edinburgh" in my name or I'm sure people would think I live in a different time zone, with the hours I'm on here at! This insomnia is getting worse the older I get but thankfully I seem to get by on the few wee hours I do get. How you doing? What age are your kids Pat? You'd think running after my lot would tire me out. John (husband) says I'm just too nosey to sleep. Scared I'll miss something! LOL Christine

Pat

Pat Report 11 Nov 2004 00:33

LOL> Me too, nosey that is. Eldest Boy 17 Another boy 14 Girl 10 Better not put all the names on the eldest has a common name the other two havent. Don't mean to be funny but I was cautioned not to put too much about your private stuff on boards. thought I'd better listen to the wise. i enjoy the late nights as they are all quiet and I can be on the Computer for as long as I like and no one moans at me, trouble is most people are in their beds. Pat x

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 11 Nov 2004 01:35

Quite right Pat, never really thought about it, but you dan'y know who could be looking in! I love the peacfulness of the wee sma' hours as well. What with the music, the arguements with each other as well as the phone going non-stop for the older kids, it's lovely just to enjoy the peace and quiet. Christine

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 04:50

Good morning. anyone about? Jenny

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 04:53

Morning Lynda. Hope you are well? jenny

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 04:54

Having to scroll down the page each time i want to look or post message .

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 04:56

Sorry Linda spelt your name wrong.

Sharon

Sharon Report 11 Nov 2004 04:56

i've been up since 4.00.Hubby gone to work but 4got to turn off his alarm.done abit of housework but cant do to much as kids are asleep. sharon

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 04:57

It is cramp again, that has caused me to wake early. I am so fed up with it

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 05:00

Morning Sharon.I need acoule of cups of tea before i come round. Then find i am limited to what i can do.

Sharon

Sharon Report 11 Nov 2004 05:02

thats true.how can i get my own back on hubby,1st decent sleep i've had this week.Normally dont come on here if i cant sleep but now i know theres people about. sharon

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 05:03

I have heard that you can get Quinnine tablets from the Doctor. It is a funny type of cramp I get. mostly in my toes and on the top of my foor where I did not think you have muscles.

Sharon

Sharon Report 11 Nov 2004 05:06

i've got the washing machine ans tumble dryer on.i reckon hubby has done this on purpose as he's going to a sch reunion and he wants a load of clothes washing and he doesnt know what to wear.i thought it was us us women who would dither about what we wear. sharon

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 05:08

sorry foot

Sharon

Sharon Report 11 Nov 2004 05:10

would it be worth trying so of deepheat or something to try and ease it. sharon

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 05:12

Sharon I can assure you thay are just as bad as us women. I have know my husband have every shirt and T shirt he has washed ironed and hanging up. But he will still ask for the only dirty one to wear.