General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chocolate Filled Advent Calendars

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Crista

Crista Report 1 Dec 2004 02:00

Go on! Admit it! Who's got one? Crista

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Dec 2004 02:02

Oh Crista, thanks for reminding me! I bought them (for the kids....honestly) lol a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to put them up. Christine

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 02:04

WHAT with no Chocs left in 'em????? Mean lot those Scots>>>>>>>>PMSL Pat x

Bec

Bec Report 1 Dec 2004 02:05

I've forgotten all about advent calendars I'd forgotten that tomorrow was the beginning was of advent. I must buy myself a calendar tomorrow

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Dec 2004 02:06

tut tut now Pat, I've not touched them. I have ate a couple of the selection boxes though! Christine

Crista

Crista Report 1 Dec 2004 02:06

Problem is, you start the day off with a small piece of chocolate and then you want more! Crista

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 02:07

Bec leave that nasty thread and come over to me guinnes one its lovely............. Oh thats ok then Christine I was a bit worried for the kids, thats allowed. Chocs are a good soother, but me I prefer liqourice allsorts, i am sad.......... Pat x

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Dec 2004 02:08

Oh Pat especially the ones covered with the wee pink or blue balls. mmmm lovely.

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 02:11

Oh NO Not my covered ones you don't they are MY FAVE, I gave the kids all the other ones, then they wanted them told them where to go............sod off........they looked shocked. LOL Pat x

badger

badger Report 1 Dec 2004 02:22

what's wrong with the shortbread to go with the beer? ,i don't know some of you scots have no taste.Fred.ptfg.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Dec 2004 02:31

Oh Fred, how you doing? Did you feel ok after your wee walk today? BTW Millionaires shortbread for me. mmm Christine

Chris

Chris Report 1 Dec 2004 02:35

Thanks for reminding me Christa - I put 2 in the cupboard for my grandkids - better give them to them:-))

badger

badger Report 1 Dec 2004 02:43

Fine Christine,still not sleeping too well but i'm getting enought to keep me going,must admit i like the crawfords petticoat tails ,and may be able to eat some again now [within reason].Fred.ptfg.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Dec 2004 02:46

Good to here your feeling better, hopefully sleeping better will follow. Can you still get Crawford's shortbread? I know they closed all the Crawford's bakeries. By the way they were the enemy when I was a manageress for Martins The Bakers here in Edinburgh. LOL Christine

badger

badger Report 1 Dec 2004 02:49

i'm going back into the realms of antiquity you know ,1960s so they have more than likely gon,so okay who makes the best now?.fred ptfg.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Dec 2004 02:50

Patterson's or Walker's shortbread , I'd recommend them Fred. Goes down lovely with a wee dram at the N'erday Christine

John

John Report 1 Dec 2004 03:29

Shortbread yum - does anyone make their own? JB

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 04:52

yes John they do - just looking for the recipe for you Father Ferrari's Shortbread Recipe 6 oz plain flour 4 oz SR flour 2 oz cornflour 3 oz caster sugar 1/2lb butter Melt butter. add to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Place in greased swiss roll tin, prick with fork Bake at Gas mk 4 after 1/2 hour take out and score and sprinkle with more caster sugar. return to oven for further 1/4 - 1/2 hour leave to cool in tray

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 1 Dec 2004 06:19

Yes bought two yesterday for my kids, son 19, and daughter 17 today. Do they ever grow up? Deb in chilly Coquitlam

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 1 Dec 2004 06:40

I have 2. There was an administrative error and both husband and son bought me one. One's white choc and one's dark choc. Yummy, Gwynne