General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MANCHESTER MEETUP

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 2 Dec 2004 19:26

Thanks Sheila for another brilliant meetup, thoroughly enjoyed it, the food and the company was great. I'm looking forward to the next one. I enjoyed going up in the Eye with Paul and Andy, too, thanks guys. Love June xx

Beverley

Beverley Report 2 Dec 2004 19:38

Thanks for a fab day Sheila, I really enjoyed meeting everyone today, great company and the food was great. I enjoyed watching June when she came off the eye with Paul and Andy, she did look a bit green! And it was dry, just flippin freezin..... (enjoyed the shop too!!!) And thanks to Brenda and Bren for meeting me this morning. See you at the next one. Bev:)

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Dec 2004 19:49

oh yes Bev - the shop!!!!!!!!!! ;-)) was a great day wasnt it - Malc looked lovely with his teddy lol

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 2 Dec 2004 20:15

Thanks Sheila for another great day. Nice to meet you all again and also Beverley and Malcolm the newcomers to our group Hope you have recovered from your ride on the Manchester eye June Bren

June

June Report 2 Dec 2004 20:48

Bren, The eye was great, I didn't feel ill, I really enjoyed it, I want to go on it again on a clear day. How long is it there for? Wasn't it nice of Dilys to drop in for a drink before going on to another meeting. June xx

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 2 Dec 2004 21:19

Glad you all had such a brilliant time. Nothing like good company is there Elaine x

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Dec 2004 21:21

it was the creme de la creme there today lol and -June - will give you 50p if you dont show THESE pics of us coming out of THAT shop! lol

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 2 Dec 2004 21:46

So glad you all had a fab time. Maz. XX

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 2 Dec 2004 21:59

So thats why I didn't see you again You went into T-H-A-T shop The one with all the frillies and and things that nice ladies like me don't mention Bren

Brenda

Brenda Report 2 Dec 2004 22:08

Sheila what a brilliant day again, could have done with it being a bit warmer,but you can't have everything. Glad someone went on the eye,I wish I had stayed with you,to see them. My sister really enjoyed the day as well.and we may have converted her,I will let you know. Bev,it was great to meet you ,hope we can get together again sometime.(No hygiene courses )!!! June,Bren,Lou and everyone else it was wonderful to see you all again ,Heres to the next time. WHAT SHOP <WITHOUT ME!!!! Take care love Brenda

Andy

Andy Report 2 Dec 2004 22:16

think I might come back again in the run up to Christmas if only for the gluhwein, mmmm! Fell asleep for most of the journey back, luckily managed to wake up in time in order to get off at Darlington, lol. Yep, need a clear day for the Manchester Eye but still good fun nonetheless.

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 2 Dec 2004 22:41

I was supposed to be going today, had me ticket and everything but unfortunately had the flu as well :-((

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 2 Dec 2004 22:48

had a great time good company, food etc cant wait for next one thanx She for organising it xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 08:36

the date for the next meet up is : Tuesay 29th. Wed 30th or Thurs 31st March 2005 - that is the week AFTER Easter. And heres hoping the weather is good lol

Andy

Andy Report 3 Dec 2004 09:05

Forgot about that guy in the pub who must have spent a minute or so staring at us all sat there. Was wondering who was going to blink first, him or She!

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 09:11

lol I know Andy - but I did offer to show him my tattoos lol the others that tried to come in - we all offered our services as genealogists to them :-)

Josette

Josette Report 3 Dec 2004 09:18

Glad you all had great time. Luv Jo xx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Dec 2004 09:21

the man who stared at u was just outside the room wen i went to bar later and he was still looking at u ....................... lol

June

June Report 3 Dec 2004 09:31

It certainly was a day to remember, I enjoyed meeting Malc too, how lucky for us that he had business in Manchester on that day, he's such a nice fella. Thanks to Keith for ferrying us around again, he's a real gent!! The malicious person that cancelled our meal at the Chinese actually did us a favour, our lunch was superb. And Dilys Granny Mommylegs popped in on her way to another arrangement, I hope I meet her again, she's lovely, in fact it was a very nice group, Bev another newcomer was great fun. Thanks to Andy oop North and Paul for going up in the Manchester Eye with me. You can tell I enjoyed myself, cant stop talking about it. June xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 09:39

We had a great laugh though didnt we? I loved the Waterhouse - it was enchanting - all the different rooms and that gorgeous big book case upstairs - interesting selection of books in it though. I think the people who were looking into our room really wanted to join cos we were all enjoying ourselves. Still cant believe Paul had a 'roo burger lol it did smell lovely