General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Celibacy

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Dec 2004 10:09

Topic for discussion. Is Celibacy a way of avoiding admitting one's sexual preference?

Threegolds

Threegolds Report 14 Dec 2004 10:11

or the fact that nobody fancies you? lol

helenbell

helenbell Report 14 Dec 2004 10:12

lol Deb Helenxx

Val

Val Report 14 Dec 2004 10:13

mug of hot chocolate and a good book xxxxxxx oh and teddy xxx

Derek

Derek Report 14 Dec 2004 10:14

...........and I used to be called Teddy !

Threegolds

Threegolds Report 14 Dec 2004 10:19

yeah quality not quantity right louise!? lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Dec 2004 21:40

Thought she was a singer from Tiger Bay!

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 14 Dec 2004 21:46

No it just means bugger off I want a good nights sleep LOL Debs.

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 14 Dec 2004 21:49

Year come on Jim who wants to give you an early Christmas present LOl Debs.

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 14 Dec 2004 22:48

Jim You try it out then let me know if its worth the effort Len

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Dec 2004 23:06

Okay Jim, I'm going to be serious here!! (honest) Sex is different for men and women - despite medieval writings that sex is 'good' for women - this was written by men - for obvious reasons. The majority of men can use sex as a 'release' - some women can as well, but for women, under sober circumstances good sex occurs when you love the person you're with. So 'casual' sex doesn't have the same meaning/feeling for men and women. Celibacy for women rarely has anything to do with sexual preference - just no sex is better than mediocre sex!!! I'm not a man so can't really judge the 'other side'. The above was gleaned whilst studying religion believe it or not, most religions - not only Buddhism- recommend celibacy for men to reach enlightenment - very few recommend it for women lol maggie

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Dec 2004 23:07

oh grampa jim - need to get my eyes tested - I thought this thread was about I'm a celebrity !! lol

Andy

Andy Report 15 Dec 2004 00:04

A drunk student's philosophy: Women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place.

Felicity

Felicity Report 15 Dec 2004 01:18

Celibacy is a sexual preference in its own right, valid within or without an intimate relationship.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Dec 2004 01:48

There you go Jim - nothing to do with sexual preference (so far) You pays your money (shocked icon) and takes your choice lol!! maggie

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Dec 2004 02:01

One way or another kb - you must be female lol maggie

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 15 Dec 2004 02:04

Celibacy..... is it hereditary? LOL Christine

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 15 Dec 2004 02:05

I'm C & E christmas and easter lol Debs.

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 15 Dec 2004 02:11

Jim, What is Celibacy? Jenny.x

Ed

Ed Report 15 Dec 2004 02:14

I can't agree with Maggie's comments, especially that "... (for women) no sex is better than mediocre sex". That has to be one of the most misleading statements I've ever come across in my life. Sorry, Maggie, but there are plenty of women who go to quite some length to have sex, because even lousy sex can still be quite good. And when the sex is good, women will pursue it to the ends of the earth!