General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm awake and feeling lonely...

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:06

is anyone out there? becx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Dec 2004 01:08

Bec me too. It's been awfully quiet on here tonight! I fell asleep earlier and now I'm wide awake, I'll probably be up all night now. Christine

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:09

Hello Christine Just nice to know that all though I'm alone physically, there are people out there. Becx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Dec 2004 01:10

You've changed your name...is that how your feeling? LOL Christine

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:13

Yes. I'd be more than happy if Christmas was cancelled this year. I'm dreading it. I'm so ashamed because my problems are trivial compared to so many others but all I want to do is hide away and forget it all. Becx

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:13

Hello Stu How you doing? becx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Dec 2004 01:17

I think Bec, at this time of year it doesn't matter if they are small problems or not....everything just somehow seems bigger. Sorry you're having a rotten time. Christine

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:18

Just got in from work :-( No works do for me as I work for myself... feel like I've missed out on Christmas this year. All in all feeling very pathetic and sorry for myself. becx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Dec 2004 01:18

Stu my other half has just came in from being out with the workmates too. Bit of a state I have to say! LOL Christine

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:19

Christine - these things are sent to make us stronger... apparently. I've been so strong this last few weeks, just feel like I'm running out of steam and strength. I'd happily curl up and forget about everyone and Christmas. Becx

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:21

That's it Stu!! I feel so guilty for feeling lonely. I'm better off than so many other people. This is my first Christmas in my own place and I think I'm used to celebrating the run up to Christmas with my family. Becx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Dec 2004 01:24

Are you working at Christmas Bec? Is it a pub you work in?

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:24

Thank you Stu I rely on you all a lot and your kind words really help but sometimes a really big hug would make such a difference.

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:26

I work 3 times a week in a pub and the days from home. I wont be working on Christmas day but every other day.

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:31

Thats it Stu! Until 3 weeks ago I did have a boyfriend who would be with me on lonely nights like this. Then he finished with me and now he has a new girlfriend. I will be with my family on Christmas Day but that in itself will be an ordeal. I just wish I could cancel Christmas, just for this year.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Dec 2004 01:33

Bec, my son has just split with his G/F and I know how he's feeling, but at least he's still at home so it must be worse if your totally on your own. Can't you go home for Christmas?

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:33

Thanks Stuart, have added you to my MSN. I'm so angry with myself. This if the first time I've cried in weeks

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:35

I am going to my mum's on Christmas day But we haven't spoken for 6 months because we fell out over my boyfriend. I have so much making up to do and am dreading the 'I told you so' and the arguments.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Dec 2004 01:41

Well Bec, hopefully you're family will welcome you back with open arms. It is hard as a parent not to say I told you so, but I must admit I do try, but don't always succeed! You just want the best for your kids and it's hard to stand back and let them make their own mistakes. I really hope everything comes good for you. Thought after last week you were doing really good too, but it's just a wee set back. You'll feel better again, honest.

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 01:42

Thanks Christine Am so frustrated. I thought I was strong, I've been dealing with it so well. I've even met the new girlfriend and had them kissing in front of me and I handled it... Now I'm not sure if I can...