General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHO WAS LOOKING FOR BIG BRAS?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 19:41

There was recently a thread on here that ended up with us big girls trading notes on the best places to buy big but nice bras. Went into M&S lingerie dept this week, didn't manage to get any sale bargains, but they have got some really lovely new ranges. They are in sizes DD-G, they don't have 3-inch wide straps or 6 rows of fasteners at the back. The ones I bought were a bit pricey (£22) but made of antique-style lace, beautiful. They have every colour you can think of, and loads of different styles, and I'm sure they would appeal to both young and not-quite-so-young ladies. Mandy :)

Paul (Tigger)

Paul (Tigger) Report 4 Jan 2005 19:53

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Andy

Andy Report 4 Jan 2005 19:56

Oh dear. My Dw is 5.7 and 8st 12lb. Ho Hum!

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 19:58

Andy, your height and weight has no direct bearing on boob size lol! I'm only 5'4" (wide that is). Mandy :)

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 4 Jan 2005 20:01

I got given a Balcony bra and the smallest pair of bikini briefs you ever did see. I fall out of the balcony unfortunately and the briefs are just a huge laugh. Ah well 'When you think I used to be a stick insect' AND NOW Well I'm a happy cuddly Gran so who cares-Someone remembers me the way I was.-Hugs All Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 20:02

If I wore a Balcony bra it would need plenty of scaffolding

Pat

Pat Report 4 Jan 2005 20:03

PMSL I know for sure it wasn't me LOL. I think it was Strump who was talking about some nice Bras, and where to buy them. Pat (the stick insect LOL) x

Andy

Andy Report 4 Jan 2005 20:03

Mandy! At her height and weight if she was bigger than her 34A she would be emaciated! As it is she is gorgeous!

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 4 Jan 2005 20:03

I wish .......................... Gwynne

Theresa

Theresa Report 4 Jan 2005 20:04

Hi All Fig leaves.com is another good site. But will pop into local mrks to have a look. Theresa

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 20:10

HAHA - they actually do the 'balcony' bras in the big sizes, but if I wore a balcony one, I'd end up with bruises under my chin, and I'd topple over like a weeble. Mandy :)

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 4 Jan 2005 20:51

Tempted to use an alias here! Do they only go up to G? And are they any smaller than 34? As a teenager, I was forced to take bras in by at least four inches under the arms in order to get a decent fit. Thank goodness those days are over! B

Spud Fae Livi

Spud Fae Livi Report 4 Jan 2005 20:59

Felt drawn to this thread. My future missus uses a company called naturally close (just add dot co dot uk ). I believe they go up to 48 f or ff. They have some realy nice stuff.

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 4 Jan 2005 21:03

They also have some lovely products at Primark (not that I need the larger ones, boo hoo). Glenys x

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 4 Jan 2005 21:07

I'd recommend Bravissimo (just type it into Google). Not only for bras but they also do shirts and Jackets properly fitted with no gaping buttons....also swimwear and strappy tops with the bra built in. All the top lingerie manufacturers are respresented in their catalogue, and they have a huge range of sizes. "Balconette" styles can be flattering to all figures - providing you get the RIGHT SIZE! Make sure you get the right cup and chest/back size (that is the measurement around your body underneath your breasts). Your bosom should be supported by the part of the bra that goes around your body (which should be a very snug fit) and not by the shoulder straps. Dee x 32E

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 21:25

LOL Jean! We have a little 'in joke' in our house about a programme that was on a few years ago called The Flint Street Nativity, in which Dervla Kirwan had the most wonderful Liverpool accent and kept saying 'I wanna be Maaaary'. Took bra out of washing machine, husband put it on like ear muffs and said 'I wanna be Maaaaary'.

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 4 Jan 2005 21:27

HIYA I GET MINE FROM RENT A TENT LOL

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 4 Jan 2005 21:43

Another good outfit for the bigger ladies (of which I'm one) is www(.)simplybe(.)co(.)uk - as usual remove brackets. Well worth a look. Pauline

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 22:03

Dave (BS) - are you trained or merely well-experienced (pmsl) Mandy :)

Clare

Clare Report 4 Jan 2005 23:39

my husband calls mine a pair of hammocks.but hey at least they are all mine.and real!