General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brain Teaser

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:13

What word in the English language, when written in all capital letters, is the same forward, backward and upside down?

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:16

Too easy for you Maz? Assume that you have a bike wheel with 21 spokes in total. In between every 2 spokes is a space. How many spaces are there on this bike wheel?

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 6 Jan 2005 21:18

10?

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 6 Jan 2005 21:20

Hubby says 22?

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 6 Jan 2005 21:23

my hubby says either 6 or 7

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:28

Maz is right again - try drawing it (with fewer spokes)

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 6 Jan 2005 21:29

hubby has changed his mind now he says 10

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:30

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 6 Jan 2005 21:36

Maz, You have to be right! pat

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:38

E's right Which shape has a greater area? A square that has a side that is 1 foot long - or - A circle that has a 1 foot diameter

Geoff

Geoff Report 6 Jan 2005 21:40

You can put the circle inside the square leaving space at the corners, so the square is bigger.

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:41

Well done Geoff you beat Maz to it. Can a man marry his brother's wife's mother-in-law?

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:44

Yep.... A can of pop and a bar of chocolate cost a total of £1.50. The can is £1.00 more than the cost of the chocolate. What is the price of each item?

Christine

Christine Report 6 Jan 2005 21:46

1.25 for the can - 25p for the chocolate

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:47

You lot are too good - I must find some harder ones. A man makes the following proposition to his friend: "I will let you flip a coin 20 times. Each time the coin lands on heads, I will give you £2.00. However, each time the coin lands on tails, you must give me £3.00." His friend flips the coin 20 times and the end result is that no money is to change hands. How many times did the coin land on heads?

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:49

Johnny's mother had four children. The first was April, the second was May, and the third was June. What was the name of her fourth child?

Christine

Christine Report 6 Jan 2005 21:51

12 heads - 8 tails ????

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 21:55

OK OK - A silly one... A man driving through the fields hits a big rabbit. Quickly stopping his car he pours a bottle of liquid over the rabbit. The rabbit jumps up and hops off waving goodbye all the way. What was in the bottle?

Christine

Christine Report 6 Jan 2005 21:57

Hair restorer

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jan 2005 22:04

With a permanent wave LOL A Classic Puzzle by Henry Ernest Dudeney We were going by train from Anglechester to Clinkerton, and an hour after starting an accident happened to the engine. We had to continue the journey at three-fifths of the former speed. It made us two hours late at Clinkerton, and the driver said that if only the accident had happened fifty miles farther on the train would have arrived forty minutes sooner. Can you tell from that statement just how far it is from Anglechester to Clinkerton?