General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have to express my feelings.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 17:17

I have just heard news that a friend I have known and respected for 10 years has died. He was originally our Caretaker and then was promoted to Estate Manager. I worked closely with him when I was Chair of our Community Association. He has been a mentor to most of the lads on this Estate including helping my own son through his rebellious teenage years. Apparently someone has raised a question about him being single and spending his time with young lads. Today he drove to the beach and put a hosepipe in his exhaust. Sorry I can't go on.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 17:18

jim - have mailed you

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 10 Jan 2005 17:19

That is awful. My thoughts are with you, his friends and of course his family. Take care, Jacky xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 17:19

Oh Jim, that is terrible, I am so very sorry. Why do people have to assume that single men have a thing about young children? Well in fact, why do people have to make assumptions at all? Thinking of you with much love, Mandy xx

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Jan 2005 17:19

Jim I'm so sorry Jeanette x

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 10 Jan 2005 17:20

What a terrible tragedy. My thoughts are with you, his friends and family. Naomi x

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 17:20

Jim How devastating. I am thinking of you. nell

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 10 Jan 2005 17:21

OMG jim this is just awful i hope those people are pleased with themselves now your poor friend must have been going through hell! love susie

Jo

Jo Report 10 Jan 2005 17:21

Jim that is just awful, my thoughts are with you.

Bec

Bec Report 10 Jan 2005 17:24

So sorry Jim. Becx

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 10 Jan 2005 17:24

{{{HUGS}}} Elaine x

valinkent

valinkent Report 10 Jan 2005 17:28

Jim how awfull I feel for you .There are some sick people about in this world spreading rumours like this. What must his family be going though . Val x

Pat

Pat Report 10 Jan 2005 17:30

Oh Jim, How awful, I cannot find the right words to say what I want to say to you. But I am truly sorry to hear this. I am thinking of you. Love Pat x

Lindy

Lindy Report 10 Jan 2005 17:43

Jim, I am so very sorry, Nothing I say will ease you pain.! You are in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs)) Lindyxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 17:54

Jim - l am so sorry this has happened - as someone has just said "why do people jump to conclusions" and l also hope they are very very sorry for what they have said. Thinking of you Jim. Jude sarf wales x

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 10 Jan 2005 18:20

Gossip can be such a wicked and evil thing - a lesson to all perhaps to curb our tongues when we speak without thinking. God help that poor man - the torment he must have endured - grant him the peace that he deserves. Our thoughts to his friends and relatives. Ann

Emma

Emma Report 10 Jan 2005 18:29

That is so tragic, i am thinking of you and his family. x

Sand

Sand Report 10 Jan 2005 18:34

Jim, I am so sorry. A friend of mine had similar unfounded allegations made against him. This plus other stresses led to a nervous breakdown. People can be incredibly stupid, spreading rumours like this. I am terrilby sorry for your loss. Sal.x

Anne from Scotland

Anne from Scotland Report 10 Jan 2005 18:35

Jim words fail me! such maliciousness! my heart goes out to his family - what a waste of a life. my thoughts are with you tonight Jim. Anne

Joy

Joy Report 10 Jan 2005 18:49

A tragedy, Jim. I am very, very sorry. Joy