General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How much does it cost for you to replace/refill yo

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Jan 2005 16:26

And what printer is it as my one is costing a fortune to maintain.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2005 16:30

Epson Stylus C44 Plus - used to use only Epson cartridges but now hubby gets them from a small business near his work and they are about £9.99 each for black and multi-coloured. He's in IT and says that 'compatible' cartridges are better than the ones you refill yourself. Mandy :)

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Jan 2005 16:30

£30 each for me too. I have the Lexmark P706. It's a good printer and all, but the cost...

Sidami

Sidami Report 12 Jan 2005 16:31

Hi Daniel, My printer is an Epson Photo R200 I don't buy the best ink but what I get is just as good I get about 5 black inks for about £22 and my coloured inks are about £20 for 5 not too bad. Sue

Tammie

Tammie Report 12 Jan 2005 16:32

Elaine, Snap, mines the same one, just running a colour cartridge at moment, looking out for a decent one that uses cheap cartridges, I use at least two cartridges a month(one of each) sometimes i think it would be cheaper to buy a new printer once a month!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2005 16:33

I'm embarassed now cos you all seem to have much better printers than me :((( Daniel, easy, just do what my son does when he wants to print something ..... bring it through to my pc on a floppy and so use my ink! Mandy :)

badger

badger Report 12 Jan 2005 16:39

I have the new epson cx 6600 all in one with built in card readers.The cartridges [four] cost £ 15 a set.Fred.ptfg.

Anna

Anna Report 12 Jan 2005 16:42

Ive had a HP deskjet 690 and it used 3 different cartridges.(Kids would use all the colour ones really fast though, printing off full colour pics lol)The proper HP cartridges were around £30 each.I now use a HP Laserjet (black and white)for my family history work and the toner cartridges are about £45 but last forever(Ive only had one new one in nearly 2 years)and im printing off absolutely loads of stuff Anna :-)

BrianW

BrianW Report 12 Jan 2005 16:43

Still using a black and white HP LaserJet 4L. Ten years old, rarely jams, toner about £40 every two or three years. Rarely need colour and run the odd copy through at work.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 12 Jan 2005 16:47

we used to have an HP printer but it was cheaper to buy a new printer than buy cartridges lol we now have a canon i320 .it was £60 to buy but the cartridges are £6 from staples. hubby has just got new cartridges from e bay.he buys them in a pack of 8 they were so cheap but i cant remember off hand how much lol susie

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 12 Jan 2005 16:48

got a canon i475D. cartridges are not too bad - buy 2 black for every 1 colour and they last a couple of months depending how much I print. If the kids get in here unsupervised they go mad printing all sorts! Previously we had an Epson but it was just stupid prices for the ink - cost 30 quid every time - cheaper to buy a new printer almost! Maz. XX

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 12 Jan 2005 16:55

we have HP1200 and the black ink costs £10 and the coloured £16 at cartridge world. Jan

Steven

Steven Report 12 Jan 2005 16:56

I have a Canon S520 and get my ink from Inkfactory buy one get one free which works out bat £4 each. Steve.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 12 Jan 2005 16:56

this reminds me - I have NO ink at all in my printer!!! must remember to go and get some tomorrow! Maz. XX

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 12 Jan 2005 17:17

Hi Steve, I also have a cannon S200 what is this about an ink factory my ink lasts quite a while Margaret

Big

Big Report 12 Jan 2005 17:22

One arm and two legs. Jules

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 12 Jan 2005 17:34

Daniel, i have the Epson CX3200, and like Arthur I use The Ink Factory, they are bogof! I normally get 3 black & 3 coloured for the same price at 1 black & 1 coloured of the Epson make. Kim

Natalie

Natalie Report 12 Jan 2005 18:38

Used to spend a fortune on printer ink for my Lexmark printer until Tesco's started their own brand for half the price. They have a booklet to match your printer with their ink and the assistant helped me work out which one to buy. They also do much cheaper printer paper etc. Another friend goes to computer fairs and gets hers even cheaper there. Natalie

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 12 Jan 2005 18:55

You have all confirmed my worse fears - LEXMARK - cheap to buy but the ink costs as much as the Printer did.

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 12 Jan 2005 20:41

I have an Epson C42 Plus and I buy my ink from Ink2U In Bridgewater it usually comes within 2 days of ordering on line I have paid £5.72 for a colour Cartridge (compatable ) Bren