General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annabel

Annabel Report 13 Jan 2005 00:01

Good morning all, just come on whats up with GR so slow this morning. ANNABEL

badger

badger Report 13 Jan 2005 09:36

Sorry to be so slow answering this Annabel,[lol] but i only logged on a few minutes ago.It's not unusual for the site to have gliches like this ,it can be frustrating i know ,but they are doing their best to sort it out,and i'm sure they will get there in the end.have a good day.Fred.ptfg.

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jan 2005 09:39

Just curious now - how do you know, Fred, that "they are doing their best to sort it out" ? Last night it was horrendous. Whenever I have reported slowness, or the error message, page cannot be displayed, or server cannot be reached, I have been told it would be reported to their technical team. :-) in friendship, Joy

badger

badger Report 13 Jan 2005 11:28

Hi Joy ,there are so many people using this site that often the computers can't handle the volume of traffic,and this clogs up the works ,hence the frequent updates to the system.It stands to reason that they are doing their best to cope rather than lose members who at the end of the day ,are paying their wages.I get cheesed off too and i know it's been going on for well over a year,but while gr continues to oversubscribe upgrades only slow the problem down ,they won't cure it.Let's give them a while longer people ? Fred.ptfg.

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jan 2005 11:50

Fred - it doesn't happen on any other site that I access. Joy

badger

badger Report 13 Jan 2005 12:49

yep ,that's just the point Joy gr has so many members on line at one time that the computers can't keep up ,the other sites are bigger ,with better equipment,that can handle the load.It's interesting to note that from time to time msm have the same bother ,and look at the size of them lol. anyway ,at the end of the day ,it's still a great site ,gremlins and all.lol.Fred.ptfg.

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jan 2005 12:51

aah, msm is a site I don't access. Don't know what it is! :) Joy

badger

badger Report 13 Jan 2005 13:03

Sorry Joy that should have read msn,[micro soft network ,Bill gates] which does messenger and internet explorer,sorry about that,[must change the glasses]lol.fred ptfg.

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jan 2005 21:59

Thanks, Fred. I don't know messenger either! :) Joy

Annabel

Annabel Report 14 Jan 2005 11:52

fingers crossed mines not so slow today. ANNABEL

Joy

Joy Report 16 Jan 2005 22:25

slow slow oops quick slow !

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 16 Jan 2005 22:32

GR are supposed to be upgrading thier thingys I think they said one new one in January and another in Febuary... Im not very TECK-NEE-CAL..... so dont ask me what thingys is plz lol Seems to me that GR are victims of thier own success :o) Long live GR!!!! Gerri (who has tonight added another branch to her tree :o)))) whooo hoooo!!

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jan 2005 12:09

Must sound as if I am always complaining ... zzzzzz

June

June Report 17 Jan 2005 16:20

Thank goodness you said that Linda, I was beginning to think it was my PC June xx

Andy

Andy Report 17 Jan 2005 16:21

yep, it is very slow, so much so, I'm actually getting some work done today, lol.

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jan 2005 19:14

.. and so yet another complaint to GR ... am getting fed up with this! zzzzzzzzzz Joy

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 17 Jan 2005 20:44

Still SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW tonight (AGAIN!) Viv

Pat

Pat Report 17 Jan 2005 20:53

Fred totally agree with you about GR, and patience helps, if I find its getting very slow I close the window and start again, even sometimes disconnect and retry, I have even had to restart the computer, when I've been booted off. Just a thought that came to me, and I would love to know the answer to this. If people who are not members of GR can read all the boards, they go from one post to another, switch from general to tips to records etc., that would also slow the site down, wouldn't it? so many people posting threads, answering them and adding up all the people who just read them!!! I would say that would add up to a huge amount of board use this is not even counting the amount of people using other parts of the site. Pat x I think maybe I will write to Genes and ask if the site is getting overloaded by members, does unlimited access to all boards by non members make the situation worse, (personally I think it does) could access to the boards be restricted to members only. This surely would help members access all sections of the site including the boards quicker.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jan 2005 21:02

It is so slow tonight that I am giving up. By the time I access the reply box I have forgotten what I was going to say. Ann Glos

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 17 Jan 2005 21:03

Wow folks I had a bit of a speed on there for a bit LOL Debs.