General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am getting REALLY FED UP with

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Jan 2005 16:44

The slowness of these boards today.This has been getting worse and worse.Shall we make a mass complaint to GR.iT REALLY HAS GOT TO BE SORTED OUT PROPERLY-Rose I have just sent my e-mail of complaint.

Fairy

Fairy Report 17 Jan 2005 16:47

Yes we should. OK This is a complaint about the slowness of this web site. Joanne Aldous.

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jan 2005 16:47

Me too. Today is perhaps the worst day I've ever known on here. Almost everything I try to do, I get "page cannot be displayed". good job I'm a patient man :)

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 17 Jan 2005 16:50

me too,over the last few days its been soooo slow Karen

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Jan 2005 16:52

I am not usually riled up Paul,but I have put up with this for some time now and I have had enough.Maybe if we make a mass complaint we may get some action.I am fed up with it-Rose

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 17 Jan 2005 16:52

I thought the evening could get a bit slow. This one of the few occasions I have used it during the day and it is a nightmare. Every single action takes ages. It is very offputting. I hope GR manages to sort this out quickly as a lot of people will be switched off from bothering which would be a pity. Aileen

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Jan 2005 16:52

I am not usually riled up Paul,but I have put up with this for some time now and I have had enough.Maybe if we make a mass complaint we may get some action.I am fed up with it-Rose

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 17 Jan 2005 16:53

I have done loads of work today - at one point the general topics board was blank for me! I wonder if my boss has complained to genes lol Jack x

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jan 2005 16:55

I have to say that I've seen lots of complaints in the past about the speed or lack of) of the site, but I've never really seen it as a problem before today. Today has been apalling. I would imagine there's a good reason for it - maybe their servre is struggling to cope with the surge in demand lately, maybe they need to perform some database archiving etc... sometimes these things can't be done "on the fly" and will need to be scheduled... I just hope they're aware of the problam and are dealing with it :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jan 2005 17:21

I think we would appreciate it if GR were to post a message apologising for the delays or whatever. Still annoying, especially when you have messages in your mailbox to access, but it would be better than nothing. Mandy

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jan 2005 17:24

I too have just sent email - am fed up with it - also find I am having to log-in continually. Ann

Rupert

Rupert Report 17 Jan 2005 17:33

This is getting very boring the time it takes to even go from one page on the same thread to another( Ihave'nt written that very well but if I don' get off now it will be morning before we see it . Rupert(losing patience)

Christine2

Christine2 Report 17 Jan 2005 17:37

I have given up several times in the last few days but today I had decided to give it a miss completely for a while to see if it improved. I just came in for a last look and it is as bad as ever. Will give it a quick look from time to time but until it improves I can't stand it anymore. Chrissie

Rupert

Rupert Report 17 Jan 2005 17:41

Just sent email to GR asking if they will make the man turn the wheel more QUICKLY. Rupert Bear.

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 17 Jan 2005 18:02

Sorry Guy's, I'm still on dial-up as too far away from exchange, so do not really know any different than normal!! Kim :-)) (Who doesn't pay for 24/7 connection!)

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 17 Jan 2005 18:38

To speed things up we`re going on to Talk - Talk Broadband for phone and computer-anyone else use them?

Deborah

Deborah Report 17 Jan 2005 18:46

Hi, I'm fed up with the slowness lately, they should be aiming to put it right. I'm on brodband, and is still unacceptably slow. Lord knows how the dial-uppers put up with this. Might try again later. Debbie

Andy

Andy Report 17 Jan 2005 18:51

So, one of you moderators at GC, we know you spy on these boards by the number of threads you delete if you find the content unsatisfactory. How about not deleting this one but responding to it with a sensible comment?

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 17 Jan 2005 19:02

i just come on here briefly , and cant get thread up because its so slow drives you mad all i need after hubby threw a major tantrum

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jan 2005 19:06

I do hope that everyone experiencing it is reporting it. Joy