General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My poor Mum is in hospital... UPDATE...

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 18 Jan 2005 20:38

Yes, she was taken in late on Saturday night, she has had a stroke, which has left her with only a little feeling on her left side, her speech is a little better today and she is eating a little, she had a brain scan today, and we are now waiting to hear the results. At the moment she doesn't seem to understand what has happened to her, and thinks she will be coming home soon, although they have said she could be in for 2-3 weeks. We are just hoping she improves, and are keeping our fingers crossed for her, can only take it one day at a time here. I apologise to all customers at the 'Breakfast Cafe', and should be back there for Sunday morning, am just saying in case I was missed! :)) *********************************************************** Evening folks, just to let you know, Mum is doing quite well, she is talking well and doing her physio exercises for her left side. We don't know yet when she will be home, but she seems to be getting used to it there!, it's early days yet, so we need to stay positive and take it one day at a time, the staff are very good, and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them, we have been trying to use that Patientline TV set tonight, I could have just got in a bed myself!... Hope to be back here tomorrow! :) shall try and catch up here now!

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 18 Jan 2005 20:39

A hug for Mum Christine, and one for yourself. Take care, Glenys x

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2005 20:41

Sorry to hear about your Mum, Christine. Hope she starts to improve. Love to you both.

Lynda Ferret Lady

Lynda Ferret Lady Report 18 Jan 2005 20:42

Hi Christine So sorry to hear about your Mum. I know exactly how you feel. My Mum had her first major stroke 23 years ago. She has had a few smaller ones since. Like your Mum mine is in hospital at the moment, but she is o.k. You should find that over the coming weeks your Mum will improve, it is not all bad news. Lynda

Lindy

Lindy Report 18 Jan 2005 20:49

Christine, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom! Prayers for her speedy recovery on the way! ((hugs)) lindyxx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 18 Jan 2005 20:54

christine so sory to hear the news bout ur mum hope she is on the mend will keep u all in my thoughts and prayers lou xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2005 20:57

Sorry to hear that, Christine. Best wishes to your Mum and to you. CB >|< XX

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Jan 2005 20:58

hi christine im so sorry to hear about your mum sending love and hugs for a speedy recovery susie

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 18 Jan 2005 21:01

Christine sorry to hear about your mum give her a big hug from me and I will say an extra prayer for her tonight. Debs.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 18 Jan 2005 21:07

Hiya Christine, Really do hope your mum feels and gets better. I do know how you must feel,just be strong for your mum. Baz xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2005 21:08

hi christine, my best wishes to your mum,and to you. bryan.

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jan 2005 21:08

Chris, I am so very sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and your Mum, God bless, Joy

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 18 Jan 2005 21:13

hiya christine hope your mam is soon up and running byeeeeeeeeee x

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2005 21:30

Christine - so sorry to hear about your mum - hope she is soon feeling better. Take care. jude sarf wales

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jan 2005 21:46

sorry to hear about your Mum christine, hope she gets better soon. Ann Glos

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 18 Jan 2005 21:49

Sorry to hear about your Mum Christine. I hope she's soon on the mend. And you take care of yourself too. Jeanette x

June

June Report 18 Jan 2005 21:51

Christine, sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she will soon be well enough to come home. Take care of yourself. Love June xx

Brenda

Brenda Report 18 Jan 2005 22:00

Christine, Keep your chin up, hopefully she will be home soon. My mum made a full recovery from a stroke, it took a little time, but she is now fit and well. Good luck. Brenda

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Jan 2005 22:11

Christine I know how you feel - my father had a stroke years ago. Tell your Mum it may take a little time but with all of you encouraging her she will get there. Thinking of you both. Chrissie x

*  Bridget *

* Bridget * Report 18 Jan 2005 22:18

so sorry to hear about your mum, my dad had quite afew mini strokes three years ago which effected his left side and speech he's doing ok now ,hope your mum will recover ok. ((((((Hug))))))) Bridget. P.s You were missed at the cafe,Paul just couldn't cope without you! (but don't tell him I said so.)