General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Assumption Everyone in Trees is from UK

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gordon

Gordon Report 25 Jan 2005 07:03

I have decided to write this as I find it absolutely hilarious people will send me messages willy nilly without even bothering to check my information out thoroughly. Please be aware that while just about everyone in the world can claim UK ancestry somewhere down the line, just because our tree is on here, please don't assume every single person on the tree is from the UK :) Also as general hint, I don't bother responding to messages that simply say " Are we related?" LOL

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 25 Jan 2005 07:37

How do people check your information Gordon, ? Against both Gordon Henwood's on this site , there is no birth or location information.

Anne

Anne Report 25 Jan 2005 08:02

I'd like to add that not everybody living in the UK was born in the UK, some people were born elsewhere in this big old world :o)) Anne xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 08:33

Gordon, If you're not willing to share the information you've put on GR, why have you put it on here and not just on a 'Henwood Family' website? If you've joined GR to obtain info from others, isn't it only fair to respond when others seek it from you? I find the attitude I've encountered during my research that 'I know something you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you' extremely irritating, especially when I'd have helped them if they'd asked me. What is the point of people endlesslychasing round trying to discover the same piece of info, when someone else could tell them it at the drop of a hat? I thought that's what this website was for. CB >|<

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 25 Jan 2005 08:50

Here Here CB!!

Gillian

Gillian Report 25 Jan 2005 08:57

Well said C:B I also do not live in Great Britain but cannot understand message that the gentleman is tryinf to put forth all I can love to you all wherever you - we are from x

Crista

Crista Report 25 Jan 2005 09:01

Gordon, You're obviously not aware of this, but a lot of your names are missing dates and birth places because you've loaded it in as a GEDCOM. Small wonder then, people are asking you if they are related. Crista

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 25 Jan 2005 09:05

Ditto CB and Christa Gordon,, if you find it hilarious by not answering peoples enquiries then you have a wierd sense of humour or no manners.

June

June Report 25 Jan 2005 09:07

Gordon, Have you heard this saying before? GIVE AND YE SHALL RECEIVE. June

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Jan 2005 09:21

I have never heard of this individual, but how would i go about seeing what info he has?

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 25 Jan 2005 09:31

I whole heartedly agree with you CB I received a nasty message from a woman who asked me had I tryed else where or was I just expecting someone to hand me information that they had worked hard to find well I sent a message back to her saying the same CB I thought that this is what this site is for and if you are not willing to exchange info why bother at all just so as you said ha ha ha I know something you dont this woman had actually got my name of the trying to find messages and she had nothing to do with my family just wanted to tell me off I think but I kept myself nice and bit my tongue so I think there are some people who just need to get a life and chill Love to all the nice peeps on here Laraine

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 10:06

I think the answer here Gordon, is that you need to sort your tree out mate

Debbie

Debbie Report 25 Jan 2005 10:37

Gordon How the hell can people check the information first before contacting you? You havnt got information. why are you here? I dont quite understand.

Bec

Bec Report 25 Jan 2005 10:39

Are you related to a Mr J Bloggs? becx

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 25 Jan 2005 10:41

Bec...my first thoughts exactly!!! What's the saying...been there, done that!

Bec

Bec Report 25 Jan 2005 10:43

Bev - Great minds and all that :-) becx

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 25 Jan 2005 10:45

Have you noticed Bec...if you take one person off his names you are left with....surprise, surprise....1837!!!

Bec

Bec Report 25 Jan 2005 10:47

Bev - I don't understand :-S

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 25 Jan 2005 10:48

Bec....1837online????? Sorry Bec just updating...Gordon says he has 1838 names in his tree

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 25 Jan 2005 10:52

Think we will go for your hat eh!!