General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEED ADVICE, SORRY TO BE A BORE.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 28 Jan 2005 09:07

I dont want to bore you all, but dont know what to do about my boyfriend. All we do lately is argue, he is being really off with my kids because we are not getting on. The kids are only little and dont understand. Every time i try and talk to him he ignores me, am so fed up and have puffy eyes from crying. What shall i do?

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 28 Jan 2005 09:10

Its really difficult, especially when little ones are involved! Its particularly difficult if he is ignoring you!! Have you got anybody who could mind the children while you try and get him to sit down and talk!

Fairy

Fairy Report 28 Jan 2005 09:11

Perhaps a break might be the answer, just for a week or so You are between a rock and a hard place between him and your children. Sometimes a break does the trick as you will both realise how much you miss each other. Good luck Jo.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Jan 2005 09:11

Hi, Sorry to sound harsh but if he cannot be bothered to be nice to your kids then he isn't worth having. Your kids have to come first. None of it is their fault. Try to get him to talk and explain how much he's hurting all of you. If he doesn't want to talk then he probably doesn't want to sort it out and is afraid to tell you. Your future may be better without him. Good luck with whatever you decide, Gwynne

Emma

Emma Report 28 Jan 2005 09:12

i HAVE TRIED THAT BUT HE HAS A SHORT TEMPER AND ENDS UP SCREAMING AT ME SO I BACK DOWN AND LEAVE IT. ITS REALLY GETTING ME DOWN, FEEL LIKE ENDING THE RELATIONSHIP.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Jan 2005 09:13

Emma, Does he shout at you in front of the children? Gwynne

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 28 Jan 2005 09:15

Is there anywhere you can stay for a few days? Like Jo said if you are not there he may just realise what he is going to be losing... One thing is for sure, you cant live in a situation like that! Its not fair on you and its not fair on the children!!

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 28 Jan 2005 09:20

No advice, but I want you to know me thinking of you.... hope the outcome is a happy one no matter what way it goes!

Emma

Emma Report 28 Jan 2005 09:21

Yes he does shout at me infront of the kids, i think its his way of feeling in charge. All it does is make the kids hate him. I do love him but i am loosing respect for him. He is a bit of a control freak, i find myself asking him for permission to do things, thats not right is it? I m sorry i will shut up now, i know its annoying when someone is feeling sorry for themselves.

Mags

Mags Report 28 Jan 2005 09:23

Show him the door Emma! - and if he won't go - get someone to physically remove him You don't need this and nor do your children - get rid - or do you want to be a door mat all your life? Ask yourself what sort of relationship you have and the sort you would really like - It won't be one with an overgrown child in it that's for sure! Mags xx Good God! - I've actually said what I thought - I've had a bad night! (hardly slept) - Sorry if it's harsh xx

Emma

Emma Report 28 Jan 2005 09:25

Its not harsh, just true. Thanks x

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Jan 2005 09:25

Hi, I agree with Mags. If you won't do it for yourself do it for your children. They deserve better. Gwynne

badger

badger Report 28 Jan 2005 09:27

This from a male ,if this fellar is yelling at you and losing his temper ,and worse yet doing it in front of the kids ,he ain't worth a light love ,kick the git out and give your, and your kids love to someone who is worth it,i'm male and believe me ,it's a short road from yelling,and bullying to physical violence,my stepdad was a prime example.Fred.ptfg&g.

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 28 Jan 2005 09:30

Dont apologise Emma and from the sounds of it you might be better off without him! NOBODY has the right to tell you what to do! You might be in a relationship with him but that does not mean you dont have a life of your own as well! I have been with my partner now for 3yrs and living together for just over a year! Although we love and respect each other we both have our own lives as well! You have to think what the children are hearing......do you want them to grow up thinking that this is how a relationship should be! That the blokes have to dominate the woman....I dont know what he says to you in front of the kids but I can imagine its not pleasant! When I was a kid my dad used to always be on at my mum and I used to dread each night because I knew there would be a fight/argument...believe me it is very scary for a child to listen to! I really wish you luck but if this is a regular occurence I think that you would be better off on your own!! Take Care Bevx

Fairy

Fairy Report 28 Jan 2005 09:30

Emma, I did'nt realise he had a temper. It will destroy you and will be doing the children harm. He's a verbal bully. I'm afraid he will have to go. Sorry. Jo.

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 28 Jan 2005 09:38

Emma...have sent you a message hun! Bev

Abigail

Abigail Report 28 Jan 2005 09:43

Emma, I know that within relationships, be it parent child, between siblings or between partners (married or not) sometimes we get so het up over something we shout. If it is happening a lot then perhaps it is a sign that all the ingredients are not there for a good long term relationship for all of you together (including the children). If they see this now and continue to, they may grow up thinking that the situation is normal and do it to their partners. He is not happy, you are not happy and they are not happy. Time for a radical rethink. My granny told me that if you can't treat your "beau" with the respect that you would treat your best girlfriend then it is not love. I think it is quite a good yard stick because I know in the middle of it all it is so hard to judge. Perhaps if you split then you won't be Emma "Stress Head" any more! Good luck and keep coming on here - you are not a bore, you are a friend, and as such we all want to help! Abigail

Abigail

Abigail Report 28 Jan 2005 09:45

By the way how old are your babies? I have a boy and a girl, 6 and 3 respectively with the Tasmanian Devil gene. Abigail

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 28 Jan 2005 09:49

Emma,sorry to be blunt Love,but this is not doing the littles any good.If he won't even talk to you about the problem you cannot move forward. There is a saying ''More of the same'' If we don't change a situation we can only expect more of the same in the future. Believe me I have been there.I was always saying ''Things will get better when......'' THEY DON'T GET BETTER If he won't talk to you and help solve the problem then for the sake of all of you get out of this relationship Hugs Rose

Emma

Emma Report 28 Jan 2005 09:54

My children are 9, 7, 6, and 2 Bless them, i feel like such a bad mum!