General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does life get any better??

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 30 Jan 2005 20:17

This weekend I've finally finished off an 8,000 word assignment on "Domestic Violence", .....done a pile of ironing the size of Mount everest and .....cleaned my son's stinking bedroom out ......(you don't even want to know what I found lurking in there!!) and for my next trick......?? Sue xx

Bec

Bec Report 30 Jan 2005 20:19

With a surname like that Sue - probably not! love becx (Rebecca Batty)

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 30 Jan 2005 20:19

welcome from one Batty to another Sue xx

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 30 Jan 2005 20:20

Come round my house please Sue!! Naomi x

Jean

Jean Report 30 Jan 2005 20:21

sue, of cause life gets better.....I've been through many hard times ,thinging exactly like you......but as one chapter in life ends another begins.....best wishes jean

Bec

Bec Report 30 Jan 2005 20:22

Thank you Sue, from another Batty to another Batty! becx

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 30 Jan 2005 20:23

Naomi not a cat in hells chance hun. I have enough of my lot here. Jean...I'm moaning but really compared to alot of others, I know I've nothing to moan about. Sue xx

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 30 Jan 2005 20:24

WOW. 8,000 words!! you are kidding, aren't you?? Lucia :-)

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 30 Jan 2005 20:25

Blimey - feel really inadequate now! lol Daisy

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 30 Jan 2005 20:25

Lucia, I wish I was. It's taken me about a month to do it. Not constantly though as I work and have kids. But once it's done....WOW....there's no better feeling!! Sue xx

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 30 Jan 2005 20:26

Daisy the worse was my son's stinking bedroom. He's almost 14!! say no more. Sue xx

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 30 Jan 2005 20:27

Sue, I admire you, :-) What did you have to write it for? Lucia :-D

Jean

Jean Report 30 Jan 2005 20:27

a good moan doe's you good,sue.......just was trying to give you hope for the future.....jean

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 30 Jan 2005 20:29

Lucia, I'm studying at Leeds Uni for my BA hons degree in Social Work. Really interesting, really hard but acheivable if you put your mind to it. Sue xx

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 30 Jan 2005 20:30

Sue Nothing more to say indeed - my son's almost 17! Frightening experience a teenage boy's room! Daisy

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 30 Jan 2005 20:30

Sue, I never thought that was university length!! My mum only had to do 1500 words for her OU course. Lucia :-)

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 30 Jan 2005 20:30

Jean, thanks hun Sue xx

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 30 Jan 2005 20:32

Lucia, for my final dissitation I will be doing 15,000 word. My first assignment was a practice one the tutor said, and that was 4,000 words!! ha ha Sue xx

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 30 Jan 2005 20:33

OMG!!!! Is it like that for every degree?? Lucia :-)

Daniel

Daniel Report 30 Jan 2005 20:35

Lucia I'm up to story 7 of 20 in my book and have already written just under 7,000 on first drafts. Getting sick of words :-(