General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LIZ TRUSS

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 20 Oct 2022 13:41

Liz Truss has stood down has pm there will be a election for a new leader in the next week

Island

Island Report 20 Oct 2022 13:54

She was set up anyway and fell for it.
So which other wannabes are in the scrum now?
Get shot of the lot of them.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Oct 2022 14:11

Probably be Sunak.
I'm sure, when they initially 'pitted' those two, it was in the mistaken confidence that Sunak would be voted for.

Not much democracy left in our 'Government', is there.

The last 'election' for 'leader', and the next one are like: 'We're going to have a vote on which is best - tofu or steak - but only the vegans can vote'.

Linda

Linda Report 20 Oct 2022 15:27

Maybe it’s time for a general election

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 20 Oct 2022 15:32

Last Friday, the Daily Star newspaper set up a live feed showing a wig-wearing lettuce next to a photo of Liz Truss, asking readers whether the vegetable or the prime minister would last longer.

It emerges the iceberg lettuce has won. :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Oct 2022 15:40

Don't particularly like her but she didn't stand a chance against the whining back biting group of wastes of space that are our leaders in government. (and that goes for both sides.)

I am sure a general election wouldn't serve any good, It would just be another set of the same.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 20 Oct 2022 20:37

They are all the same, all the political parties, you know they are lying cos their lips are moving.

Allan

Allan Report 20 Oct 2022 22:05

Truss should have given more support ;-) :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Oct 2022 22:26

:-D :-D :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Oct 2022 08:08

Thank you Allan. I’ve said all along to my lot if she wanted more gravitas she should either invest in some good support or learn to glide along instead of bouncing along as she did.

Also, she should have got rid of that haircut - it looked like all she needed was for her Mum to pin a slide in one side - and I’m sure I can’t be the only one to remember mums doing that! It made me wonder whether that schoolgirl hairstyle made the male politicians think she could be easily persuaded and controlled. Just a thought but I know I am not the only one to think that perceived control factor was behind some of the votes she got.

Does anyone think we, as a nation, have now developed more stoicism so we have something to thank this shower for! ;-) :-D

Linda

Linda Report 21 Oct 2022 13:22

I’ve always thought the Tory’s back stab each other and it also think truss should have been given more support lot of talk today of Boris coming back but why? Surely in my mind the have got to think forward not backwards . He was my mums mp she met Boris once in the high street I won’t repeat what she said to him except she was not rude :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Oct 2022 13:29

JL It is almost as if we have developed a 'sit back and let them get on with it while we sort out our own survival'.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Oct 2022 13:58

Well put, Ann. :-D :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 21 Oct 2022 14:07

Ann, we have no choice but to sit back and let them get on with it. The people who are affected by this nonsense have no say until a GE is called.
Meanwhile, the rest of the world surely sits back and laughs.

Remember Remember...... who's got the matches?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Oct 2022 14:21

Island I guess there would be a fight to be first to use them.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Oct 2022 14:27

Don't give the Bonfire Boys ideas for their Guy Fawkes parade through Lewes, East Sussex :-0

Island

Island Report 21 Oct 2022 14:40

You mean they haven't already got ideas Gwyn? :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Oct 2022 21:30

BO Jo has pulled out!!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Oct 2022 21:32

Sunak will no doubt be PM now

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Oct 2022 22:34

Strange, because yesterday, I heard Johnson had claimed he had 100 votes!
Then it transpires, this was (yet again) a lie!
It seems he claimed the votes assuming Penny Mordaunt would give him her votes.
She wouldn't.
Probably best he isn't PM again.