General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tracking numbers

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Aug 2022 16:31

I have recently ordered from 2 different companies , 1 in UK and 1 abroad.
Both times, I downloaded the returns label and securely fixed it to the parcel.

First parcel, daughter got a receipt and asked for a tracking number but was told there wasnt one with this parcel but the receipt is your proof of posting. This was returned on the 30/6/22. I sent them a copy of the receipt and label as they claim they havent received it and without a tracking number cannot trace it or give me a refund.

The 2nd item was returned in the uk but unfortunately daughter lost the receipt! I did have a copy of the returns label though.

Fed up with emailing both companies and getting nowhere, I tel the local PO and was told to get a tracking number you have to pay a separate charge for this at time of posting!!
The lady said she will send me a form re lost in transit parcel and see if it can be traced.

I thought the tracking number was provided free of charge?

I shall stick to Amazon in future as their no quibble refunds are very quick if you have problems with the seller. Sadly these products were not ordered through Amazon.

So far I am over £80 out of pocket but in future will make me more aware of the importance of receipts and tracking numbers.

Florence in the hebrides

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Aug 2022 17:31

What a shame, Florence!

It depends on what sort of postage contract the company has with Royal Mail.
The returns label will say the method on it. Any of those listed below will give tracking/barcode numbers.

For instance, I returned something to JD Williams the other day. They use "Tracked 48", and a certificate of posting with a barcode for tracking is issued automatically (free) at the PO.
Amazon also uses Tracked 48.

"Which services can I use Track your item with?

Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed®
Royal Mail Tracked 24® (signature on delivery optional)
Royal Mail Tracked 48® (signature on delivery optional)
International Tracked & Signed*
International Tracked
International Signed*

You can also see delivery confirmation for the following services:

Royal Mail Signed For® 1st Class
Royal Mail Signed For® 2nd Class
Royal Mail 24® (signature on delivery optional)
Royal Mail 48® (signature on delivery optional)
1st Class and 2nd Class - small and medium parcels only (no signature) "
https://www.royalmail.com/help/how-to-track-your-item

Von

Von Report 15 Aug 2022 17:54

Florence I had a similar problem. Transpired that unbeknown to me or on the website

that I need three photocopies of said parcel return formation. One to be signed by

me and two signed when I returned the parcel. After much going and froing and

gnashing of teeth on my part a customer who was also returning a parcel helped me

with the problem and between us we got it sorted. Do hope you can get it sorted.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 17 Aug 2022 13:18

ArgyllGran, it was just International small parcel on the receipt.

I received the claims form today and photocopied the completed form, receipt. I also downloaded the email showing the cost via paypal and sent that as well.
I also copied their address from their website, downloaded and photocopied that too.

So think I have covered everything the PO need to track the parcel and get me a refund.

I truly believe these companies do receive the goods back, they just claim they havent so they dont have to refund you and also think if it was a small amount, then
they think most people wont bother!

Wait & see now and i will update as and when i get a result.

As for the more expensive parcel(over£50), as daughter misplaced the receipt, I cannot claim for that. That company were not helpful at all claiming it would be impossible to find the return, even though my details were inside the parcel etcc and it was one of their own printed returns labels!

Watch this space

Florence in the hebrides

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Aug 2022 15:28

On BBC1 tonight at 7pm the programme Rip-off Britain includes an item on return labels on parcels.

It might be useful in your case, Florence.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Aug 2022 16:16

Good luck, Florence - I hope your claim's successful.
What a pity about the other one!

Andysmum -
I remember that programme - it's a repeat.
It was about proof-of-delivery photos taken by couriers.
Photos of parcels on doorsteps, etc, allowing the courier companies to "prove" that they were delivered - but the doorsteps weren't those of the people expecting the parcels!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 17 Aug 2022 21:49

yes i saw that earlier

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Aug 2022 17:27

Such a shame

Unfortunately have seen so many scam websites with goods delivered that don’t match up to the goods advertised

Am very wary tbh

I am an avid Amazon shopper or U.K. sites like Bon Marche who I have bought from

When I was smaller too bought from websites that have U.K. shops or catalogs like freemans

It’s a minefield out there

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 Aug 2022 17:29

My OH is fed up with tracking texts. He has no need to track a delivery as he is not expecting one.
More scams :-P

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Aug 2022 18:06

Oh yes get those too
I ignore cos I know haven’t ordered

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Sep 2022 12:32

Well well, what do you know!!!

Today the postman delivered me back the parcel that I had sent a return in abroad. I had completed a form to track a parcel and lo & behold I have it back. The label stuck on shows reason for return as "Unclaimed for" and this is the company that said they never received it.

Not a happy bunny and im certainly not resending it. I have sent a strongly worded email to the company demanding a refund and that as compensation they should pay the postage charge.

If they wont refund me, I shall go onto their website and leave an unfavourable review and def will never order from them again. Not sure what else I can do.

Florence in the hebrides

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 2 Sep 2022 15:14

You could tell us who they are so that we can avoid them! :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Sep 2022 15:42

Nuubu Andysmum. A company that sell things like detox patches for feet.
I looked at a review by a science based company and they quote that your patches turn black because they are drawing all the toxins out of your body...Myth.
The patches make your feet sweat and contain vinegar and turn the patch black.
Using a vinegar soaked gauze will accomplish the same thing as these patches claim to do! So despite all the positive reviews, the science proves otherwise.

Florence in the hebrides

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Sep 2022 12:50

My sister, although she lives within driving distance, ordered a dog bed from 'The Range'. She did this, as it wasn't available in the shop.

As soon as she opened it, she knew it was no good for her dog, so went to take it back to the shop.
They wouldn't accept it, as it came from a 'Range plus Supplier'.
So, she took it to the Post Office, asked for a tracker number, and paid over £9 postage.

Like you, Florence, the firm said there was no tracker number. I was a Friday, so she waited until Monday, to see if there'd been a delay in the tracker Number appearing.
There hadn't been a delay - apparently, they still didn't have a tracker number.
Back to the PO, where they logged it as 'lost', and informed the Supplier.

Two weeks later, after travelling half way around the country, the suppliers received it. So where was the 'missing' tracker number??????

Sister paid £9, plus the petrol money taking it back to the shop, where they didn't want it, for something she didn't buy!!
She's also, still waiting for her refund.

Amazing scam.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 3 Sep 2022 14:34

Terrible Maggie. Standard of service thesedays has gone down the toilet hasnt it? And when these firms have to pay people off we are supposed to feel sorry for them.

As I was told many years ago by my manager when working in a high st bank, give the customers 110% because they pay your wages. No customers, no job.

That stuck with me all my working life and always went over and above to help any customer that needed it.

There are so many of these cheap companies, many abroad but some in uk who treat us like disposable cartons so if we moan and dont order again, they dont worry as there will always be another to replace us.

As for paying for the tracker number on top of the postage etc, that takes the biscuit!!

Florence in the hebrides

Edit: Have to say MandCo were very helpful to me as the jumper I ordered from their online shop was too big but tel the branch in town who agreed to take it and do a straight swap as they had it in their shop and I have 30 days to bring it in so hats off to MandCo for being helpful . My friend is going to town next week and will exchange it for me.:-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 3 Sep 2022 15:37

I posted a tom tom for repair, (not to tom tom) when it got there, no contents in the parcel been torn on the end and emptied...never was found...by the post office.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 3 Sep 2022 17:31

Did you get a receipt Bob?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 3 Sep 2022 19:30

Well, the company responded yet again with the same dialogue etc...we need to see a tracking number blah, blah blah.

Fed up with the carry on, I raised an issue with the resolution centre through Paypal, attached all my evidence etc and they will now contact the seller and and try and resolve on my behalf...good luck with that paypal!

At least I tried and now have this as another option to get my money back, fingers crossed.
Watch this space. ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 3 Sep 2022 21:09

receipt of posting....

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Sep 2022 14:54

Bob, how much roughly was the Tom Tom worth? Just a thought as the company you sent it to can verify the package had been opened and was empty, is it worth contacting the Post Office where you sent it from to explain what happened?

Was it sent a huge distance from you to the company?

Florence in the hebrides