General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Will you/won’t you

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Jul 2021 10:36

Ditch the face mask if allowed to after the 19th?

Von

Von Report 5 Jul 2021 10:52

No I won’t. I don’t have problem with it. I’ve made my own masks that are

reusable, contain a filter and fit properly so my glasses don’t steam up.

If small children in Japan and other countries can wear masks I’m sure I can :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jul 2021 10:52

I will still wear one when going into an enclosed area like a shop etc

Not that I am going out much yet but hopefully will be venturing out soon

Fly

Fly Report 5 Jul 2021 11:00

I will still wear mine

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jul 2021 11:23

Went to chiropractor a couple of weeks ago and she is still wearing protective clothing and full face mask

She was saying she thinks that will be her norm from now on and she will still request patients to wear a mask too .

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 5 Jul 2021 11:38

I shall still wear mine too.

I agree with Von, if Japanese children can wear them, I’d feel I was letting the side down if I whinged about wearing, or having to wear, them.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Jul 2021 12:10

This thread was intended to be about face masks NOT the economy nor vaccinating the world.

I shall continue to mostly wear my mask. Particularly at the weekend when having to squeeze past the sour dough bread queue who seem to think they have no need of masks ( social distancing). They and the ir friends black the pavement and the access to some of the shops.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jul 2021 12:29

aaaaaaannnd - now we get a reading recommendation :-S
Shame my mask steams up my specs, so I can no longer read! :-D :-D
(no, don't bother recommending how to stop specs steaming up)

I will be wearing a mask in enclosed areas - and on the bus!

I've saved a fortune on 'Nair' since the lockdowns! :-D :-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Jul 2021 12:43

Maggie :-D

The question was about exercising personal choice over wearing a mask. Simple.

All it needed was a yes/no answer.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jul 2021 12:43

I will probably (anyway at first) wear my mask on the bus and if I go into crowded places. I think we have to make our own decisions about it but masks cause me terrible problems of hearing what people are saying. with not being able to hear wearing the mask myself makes me feel 'shut off' so is almost like claustrophobia. But no doubt we are going to get the situation where people not wearing masks are 'accosted' by people who are.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 5 Jul 2021 12:45

Only in queues and busy places. Wear it, that is, not ditch it.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 5 Jul 2021 13:07

Never really worn one…only to go in my local co-op because it is a requirement, get my main shop online.

Never worn one outdoors…I would rather breathe fresh air :-D :-D :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Jul 2021 13:49

I will still wear a mask in shops and other indoor venues.

Not sure yet how I will feel when having a lift in friend's car.

It won't be very often, but on a recent journey of less then 10 minutes, we both wore masks.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 5 Jul 2021 13:50

Will wear when in spaces where crowding :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jul 2021 14:09

My neighbour often gives me lifts, to the nurse etc when I was having to go to have my dressing changed. At first I sat in the back and wore a mask. But since we have both had two jabs we neither of us wear masks and I sit in the front. I think it depends how well you know the person you are travelling with, if they take risks etc.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 5 Jul 2021 14:29

I will continue wearing a mask in enclosed spaces ie shops and supermarkets. Also, if I used the tube or buses, not that I intend to for the foreseeable future :-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Jul 2021 15:27

If I understood what you had just written I’d be able to comment.

Caroline

Caroline Report 5 Jul 2021 16:21

Maggie :-D
When it first started we got some of the smaller kids wearing their masks by reminding them they could stick out their tongues at the teachers and no one would know :-)

I will still wear a mask indoors and in crowds until at least the fall unless anything major changes before then. Currently I don't wear it outside unless I know there'll be crowds like school pickup or outside malls/shops.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jul 2021 16:55

Caroline, yes, that is another problem with not wearing a mask - I'd have to be careful about my language :-S

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Jul 2021 17:27

I will still wear a mask in indoor public places.

I don't think it should be just personal choice. I think it should be left to companies to decide, that way if say Asda require masks and Tesco don't then I would choose the shop that requires them.

My son is a driving instructor but if he doesn't have the choice to decide whether his customers wear a mask or not it means he could be forced to spend his time in a car with people who are probably not going to wear masks. He intends to ask customers to wear a mask for as long as he can - at least over the autumn and winter period.

Kath. x