General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PM got covid-19/

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 27 Mar 2020 11:26

Just been on BBC news..

Fly

Fly Report 27 Mar 2020 11:27

It was only a matter of time Sue.

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Mar 2020 11:29

Nobody immune to it .

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Mar 2020 11:30

Was to be expected. Hope he keeps well away from his pregnant girlfriend.

Kath. x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Mar 2020 11:34

Hope he is OK, trouble is he has been working so hard he had no immunity.

Linda

Linda Report 27 Mar 2020 11:35

He has just been on this morning via video link he says he’s got it mild and is carrying on working through video links they don’t where his girlfriend is who’s expecting his baby

Island

Island Report 27 Mar 2020 11:43

'tested positive and is displaying mild symptoms' So the 'top Johnies' are being tested regardless?

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 27 Mar 2020 11:47

Marvellous how the top brass can get tested,and the public have to wait until there rushed into hospital.

Bloody disgusting.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Mar 2020 12:23

I wonder how many people he's spread it to?
I mean, when Dorries tested positive, he should have isolated.

My daughter works - front line - for the NHS.
She has finally had a 'risk assesment' (after how many weeks?) - not a test, just an assessment - and has been told she is 'high risk', and has been offered a back-room job.
She is rather cross!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 27 Mar 2020 12:43

It's the NHS staff that needs the tests

Von

Von Report 27 Mar 2020 13:06

Matt Hancock - Health minister has it as well :-(

Hilary

Hilary Report 27 Mar 2020 13:07

Ditto Sue, shame they can't get tested so quickly.

Linda

Linda Report 27 Mar 2020 13:17

Maggie I’m so with you my daughter is a midwife up in the Wirral and is out in the community and as been told that she will have to go into the main hospital and do extra sifts thinking of you Maggie and your daughter just read that heath secretary Matt Hancock has tested positive

David

David Report 27 Mar 2020 15:53

? How can some have mild symptoms of it when so many are dying ??

Island

Island Report 27 Mar 2020 15:59

Existing health issues make it worse David.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Mar 2020 20:36

David .............

it's just like SARS was, or even the ordinary Flu or cold ................ some people just get it worse than others.

If you have underlying risk factors, such as age (over 70), high blood pressure, cancer (or have had cancer + treatments), etc etc, then you are more likely to get a worse case than someone that is very healthy.

Although it is now being proven that being young and healthy does not mean that you will only get a mild case .................. too many young people have died since that statement was made.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Mar 2020 17:19

Why are Boris, the Health Minister etc only in isolation for 7 days???

SEVEN!!

We're isolated fro 14 days if we just show symptoms of the virus, if tested positive it is isolated for 14 days or until there have been 2 consecutive negative results over 2 days.

Our PM Trudeau went into isolation for 14 days after his wife tested positive. That period was up last Thursday, but he and the whole family are continuing in isolation under direction from the Health officials. So they are now in the 16th day

.......... part of that is setting an example to the rest of the country who are being told to stay in isolation.

Allan

Allan Report 28 Mar 2020 21:09

Don't do as I do, do as your told

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Mar 2020 21:24

Agree, Allan!

Allan

Allan Report 28 Mar 2020 21:46

A couple of weeks ago our Federal Home Affairs Minister was diagnosed with COVID.

He went to hospital.

The day before he was diagnosed he met with the PM.

The PM did not go into self-isolation as the medical advice was, "as the home affairs Minister was not displaying symptoms of the illness in the 24 hr period between the meeting and the diagnoses, he was not infectious"

Advice to the Plebs, "if you have been in contact with a confirmed case you MUST self-isolate as soon as you become aware of this fact. COVID can still be spread while cases are asymptomatic"

I know that some Pollies act like gods, but do they have to carry the self-delusion that far ?