Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone have any info on....................

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Jun 2007 14:32

Both a bit old to be having children in the 1940'/50s ?? Your best bet would to get one of the childrens birth certs/ you can search BMD's free on Ancestry. will mean searching yearly qrt by qtr

Zoe

Zoe Report 3 Jun 2007 14:34

George Wilson born 1900`s not sure on his forename Daphne Wilson born 1900`s Not sure on either dates of birth will update info later. both are my grandparents who had 5 children Rita(1940`s)Anthony(tony 1940`s) Pauline(1950`s) Jean(1952) Stephen (1954) I am desperately trying to trace my family tree as most are I DO know that my grandad (george) was in the army and that where he met my nan (daphne) Unfortunately my Grandad died before i was born, my nan remarried a Don Marsay Anyone with any info please help me.

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Jun 2007 15:00

Any idea where Jean or Stephen might have been born?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Jun 2007 15:20

Is Daphne still alive...or could this be her? Name: Daphne Winifred Marsay Birth Date: 4 Aug 1929 Death Registration Month/Year: Jul 2002 Age at death (estimated): 72 Registration district: Boston Inferred County: Lincolnshire Register number: C25 Entry Number: 292 Gwyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Jun 2007 15:37

If this is the correct Daphne, her death certificate would give her place of birth and her maiden name. You could then look for her birth certificate. Alternatively, If you have an idea when she married Don, you could look for that marriage entry on the GRO lists on Ancestry, ... ( FREE to search the bmds, just register ) The marriage certificate should show her father's name and occupation. Gwyn

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Jun 2007 15:42

Right - could these be yours? Jean M Wilson born Ashford (5b 19) Sept/Oct/Nov 1951 Stephen H Wilson born Ashford (5b 23) July/Aug?Sep 1954 Both mothers maiden names were Knowles.

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Jun 2007 15:47

Dapne W Knowles was born Elham Jul/Aug/Sept 1929 (2a 1947) Mother's maiden name Smith.(I believe Elham is near Canterbury, Kent)

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Jun 2007 15:51

Zoe - you've been sending me PM's but if you place your replies on this thread everybody can have a go at helping you!!! Just go to 'Add Reply' at the top of this page. (Re your question - The dates of registration can be some time after birth so don't get confused.)

Zoe

Zoe Report 3 Jun 2007 15:52

Yes i know they can mate thanks, Jean M Wilson died in 2006 in Milton Keynes general hospital on 17/01/2006,her married name was Milton, as she was married to a Derek Milton born in plymouth and was buried at olney buriel ground on 3/02/2006 in milton keynes, i`m really tryin to trace back as far as humanly possible

Zoe

Zoe Report 3 Jun 2007 15:57

oh ok i get it now, sorry new to this, thanks so much for your help paul.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Jun 2007 15:57

Here is the website address that you requested Zoe. Remove the * which is not part of the address. http://ancestry.*co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx Gwyn

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Jun 2007 15:58

Zoe, can you confirm whether we've got things right so far - I am on the trail of Daphne's marriage now but I don't want to go on a wild goose chase!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Jun 2007 16:00

Elham is a little nearer the south coast than Canterbury....It takes in Folkestone, Hythe, etc. Gwyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Jun 2007 16:04

If Daphne was born in Elham district in 1929, she may be the person on the tree of someone called Carol, if you do a name search on... Search family trees... on the left side of this board. She has a Daphne KNOWLES born in Folkestone. Click on her name to send her a message. Gwyn

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Jun 2007 16:11

We're spoiling you Zoe, aren't we? Do follow up Gwyneth's advice and contact Carol because your best chance now is to find a GR member with information.

Zoe

Zoe Report 3 Jun 2007 16:11

thankyou gwyn i really appreciate it, can you tell me how you know this my dear?

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Jun 2007 16:12

Daphne W Knowles married George E Wilson at Folkestone Oct/Nov/Dec 1948 (5b 1063)

Zoe

Zoe Report 3 Jun 2007 16:13

YES!!! so far so good paul thankyou so much for helping me.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Jun 2007 16:15

Zoe I live in Elham registration district. .... It is not my birth area. I have no connection with your family but if I can help with local information, just ask. Gwyn

Zoe

Zoe Report 3 Jun 2007 16:26

Tony is def older than my father i`m sure he`s the second child so perhaps i do had it wrong, i wasn`t 100% certain of the dates of Rita, Tony, or pauline.