General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christmas - Midlands/Anglia?

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laurie

Laurie Report 19 Aug 2003 22:17

Hi, Is there anybody from these areas that fancy getting together for Christmas? I can't possibly do all the arranging as I'm in the middle of studying for a degree but I will help as much as possible. Laurie

Rosi

Rosi Report 19 Aug 2003 22:36

I am an Anglia person - but only just! Colchester ish! I am interested.....could maybe do it...... but would rather someone else did.! Where would depend on who else in the 'catchment' area is/was interested. Anyone? Rosi

Laurie

Laurie Report 19 Aug 2003 22:41

Hi Rosi, Hopefully some more people will be interested. Otherwise it will be just the two of us. No doubt there will be some others interested. Laurie

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Aug 2003 17:02

I am the same as Georgina, it would depend where and when, so many dates are already committed in December. and I would prefer Midlands to E Anglia. would also prefer not to do the arranging. Ann Glos

Laurie

Laurie Report 20 Aug 2003 21:53

Hi Everyone, Birmingham is okay for me as I only live in Nuneaton, I'm quite flexible as long as the trains getting to the venue are. I'll probably book somewhere for the night. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 22 Aug 2003 22:35

Hi everyone, Well it looks like we can meet up at a service station since there isn't many of us!! Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 29 Aug 2003 22:11

C'mon there must be more of us out there who fancy getting together around Christmas? Laurie

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Aug 2003 16:36

Hi, Webbs of Wychebold is junction 5 off the M5, about three minutes from there, easy to find. A big Garden centre, huge car park, huge restaurant, good food. Depending when it was I would be interested. Ann Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Aug 2003 16:40

I would be unable to make the 12-15th December. Ann Glos

Laurie

Laurie Report 30 Aug 2003 21:54

Hi, Where's Wychbold? Sorry I've never heard of it. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 30 Aug 2003 23:36

Hi me again, Are we thinking of meeting day or night time? Just so I can get an idea. Laurie

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Aug 2003 12:25

I would only go if daytime, weekday or weekend is OK for me. I wonder if it would attract more people if the heading was changed to Midlands and South West instead of Anglia, Midlands and Anglia are not that close for travel. Ann Glos

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 31 Aug 2003 12:35

I would be interested and i live in leicestershire. I'm not able to come 1 - 5 december but don't worry too much about me i'll just come if able. Lou

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 31 Aug 2003 15:48

I would prefer daytime, well afternoons as I work in the morning, Webbs is not open in the evenings in the Winter. Ros

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Sep 2003 15:50

If anyone is really interested we had better come up with a time and date. Can people suggest a few suitable dates in late November/ December then we can see if there is one common to all. We already have the preference for afternoons and not between 1-5 December and 12-15th December. Weekend or week? ann Glos

Janet

Janet Report 1 Sep 2003 22:11

Hi, Rosi - could you make Birmingham area. Possibly I could drag Liz down, would depend on her work of course. Would be nice to get together with everyone. Janet

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 2 Sep 2003 14:31

Have phoned Webbs, and they are going to send me an outline of the menu and prices. The carvery is from 12 till 2, and if there are more than 6 of us we will need to book. Speak to you all soon Ros

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Sep 2003 21:18

Ros, Thanks. I will be away on holiday from Thursday 4th Sep to 18th Sep but we may not have to book before I come back. Perhaps if we do need to we can make a provisional booking. You have the dates I am not available. I would prefer weekdays. First weekend in Nov is out for me too. ann Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Sep 2003 21:50

We ought to try and keep this at the top in case more people are interested Ann Glos

Laurie

Laurie Report 4 Sep 2003 00:01

Hi, I wont be able to do Thurs or Sats. I should be okay for anytime after 20th November. I need to wait for my mum to move down as I do not have anybody who could pick my son up from school. The only problem with Webbs is I don't drive so I may have a slight problem getting there. Is there anywhere else we could meet, preferably in a town where I could get a train to. Laurie