General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME .....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Iz

Iz Report 17 Jan 2004 14:35

Just wanted to say that I lost my mother on Sunday, she went down very quickly, over Christmas period. Luckily I was able to see her, while she could recognise me for some of the time. She is the last of her generation, and we are aware that probably now a lot of the family history has ended here. Also there are always things you wish you could have done...said. At 89 it was not unexpected, but is still a shock. Isobel

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 17 Jan 2004 14:39

hi isobel im so sorry to hear of your mums death. my heart goes out to you.no one realises how precious there family are until they lose someone. i'll be thinking of you at this sad time love and hugs susie

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 17 Jan 2004 15:15

i'm thinking of you isobel lou xx

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jan 2004 15:20

So sorry to hear this sad news Isobel. Thinking of you. Sue

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 17 Jan 2004 15:21

I am thinking of you too. My dad died in 1996 and since starting my research and meeting up with a 1/2 brother for the first time and speaking on the phone to the youngest 1/2 brother aged 7 you are right, there is so much that is still left unsaid to him. Fi

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 17 Jan 2004 15:25

isobel Im thinking of you, My mums been gone 23 years TODAY. I was 14 when she died & she was only 38-----the age I will reach in May... Chin up, take each day as it comes, time is a great healer. big hug from Harlow... Elaine x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jan 2004 15:40

So sorry to hear your sad news Isobel. No matter how old they are it is still a shock when a parent dies. My Mum will have been dead ten years this year and mu Dad died Christmas day 2001, but still when I find out things about the family I have the urge to tell them. they loved to hear about the research and my Dad was a great help with his family right up until the end when he was 93. Ann Glos

Jen

Jen Report 17 Jan 2004 16:05

isobel sorry to hear of your loss my thoughts are with you and your family

Philip

Philip Report 17 Jan 2004 17:06

Sorry about your sad loss Isobel, You have to live every day as if it were your last, We went back to England last October 2003 to bury my brother and sister, Margaret was 56 (14th of october she died) Ted was 65 (10th of october he died) I was 19 when my mum died and 15 when my dad died, So as you say Isobel make the most of your time, God Bless Philip & Janet Apache Junction Arizona.

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 17 Jan 2004 21:45

Isobel - I'm so sorry for you, my thoughts are with you.. Sue.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 17 Jan 2004 22:13

Isobel, I'm also so sorry, and thinking of you.

Michelle

Michelle Report 17 Jan 2004 22:17

Isobel, so sad to hear of your loss. Thinking of you. God Bless, M.

Iz

Iz Report 17 Jan 2004 23:56

Thank you all for your kind messages, and to She for the e-mail. It is so nice to have this support, I am an only child so all the arrangements for the funeral have been rather difficult, especially as I live 500 miles away. My three children and I will be travelling up to Scotland on Tuesday, for the funeral on Thursday. It was my daughter's 15th birthday yesterday so sadly it was not the usual happy family event, but she still said she had a nice day bless her ! Thank you all Isobel

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 18 Jan 2004 09:02

Isobel, I have only just seen your message. I am so sorry. I will think of you this week at this very sad time. Treasure the happy memories. Love. Elisabeth

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 18 Jan 2004 09:13

Isobel, So sorry to hear your very sad news. My mother is 87 and quite poorly but so very interested in anything I can find out about her family. I am going to see her today and yesterday found out that her aunt had 2 children we did not know about. I know how pleased she will be to find new members of her family. I know you said that at 89 your mothers death was not unexpected but I know how you must be feeling. Nothing really prepares you for the terrible sense of loss. My thoughts are with you. Jean.

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2004 21:15

You cradled me when you gave me life I cradled you when you slipped away You stroked my brow I kissed yours softly You held my hand to comfort me I held yours to do the same We shared a bond the two of us That went deeper than words A look. a touch a gentle smile Were all that were required. You let me know your time had come I didn't want to - But I let you go

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2004 21:23

Dear Isobel, So sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love Eleanorx

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 18 Jan 2004 21:32

Isobel I do feel for you at this sad time and when such a distance divides you, it is even more difficult. My thoughts will be with you on your journey and in Scotland. Being the child of your mother, you will carry on doing and saying the things she used to do and say - she will always be with you. A big hug from Norah

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 19 Jan 2004 22:27

So sorry to hear your sad news Isobel and my thoughts are with you. I am one of the lucky ones, still having both of my parents and both of my in-laws. I am also an only child and as you say we must "make the most of our time" with our loved ones. Maggy (with a tear in her eye)

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 20 Jan 2004 09:59

What can I say that the other's haven't said already? My thoughts are with you!! Dee xx