General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Manchester meeting Tuesday 6th April 2004 -NAMES P

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2004 12:47

Ok my little munchkins, this is the date we have - we think if we have a conference room again to meet in - and if there are enough of us there to see if they can organise a buffet. None of us wanted to go home did we? Add your names below if you are interested - And YES - TEDDIES ARE VERY WELCOME :-)) Just spoken to the Visitor Centre - they are letting us have a room as long as we eat in the cafe there - its lovelyfood - and reasonable priced. There is a service by the Bishop of Beverley that day - but we can go round the Cathederal after 2pm if we wish - or we can attend the service - its Holy Week. There is also an exhibition of Icons and Sacred Paintings on at the centre - so we can see that and the interactive displays. Can I have names by the 23/24 March please

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2004 15:22

I have just spoken to Bonnie Jeans family and invited them to come to the meeting - they are going to try their utmost to get there.

Zoe

Zoe Report 28 Feb 2004 17:15

I'll be there. It'll be a nice halfway stop in my 8 hour journey to see my mum. But be warned - if any of you get me drunk I'll need housing for the night

Jen

Jen Report 28 Feb 2004 17:37

it goes with out saying i will be there :-)

Zoe

Zoe Report 28 Feb 2004 17:50

oh - it's probably worth me mentioning I'll be coming from the North (M8, M6) and leaving to the south (M6 and M40) so if anyone needs one-way lifts I'll be happy to help - as long as you can put up with my singing

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 28 Feb 2004 19:28

count me in please lou

Ma

Ma Report 28 Feb 2004 19:37

yes i will be coming

June

June Report 28 Feb 2004 19:56

It goes without saying I'll be there. Marilyn,I went on the train last year, I shall be doing the same this year.

Andy

Andy Report 28 Feb 2004 19:57

I will try to be there. Just got to organise a day off or swap shifts with someone.

June

June Report 28 Feb 2004 19:58

Are the teddies going or not this year

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 28 Feb 2004 21:47

She....... Sorry but have pawed over me maps but can't find " 6th. April " anywhere in the Manchester Area..lo :)))) Can you tell me where " 6th. April " is please ? MIKE.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2004 22:09

oh Michael - its a great venue lol we are hoping for a conference room at the visitor centre of Manchester Cathederal again - was such a good idea of Vera's to have that arranged last time - so we have decided to stick to the winning formula :-) an idea is that if there enough of us to see if we can be supplied with a buffet - either that or lets get making the sarnies and wee sausage rolls now lol

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 28 Feb 2004 22:18

She....... Thank you for your quick reply ... Thought it was to be the Cathedral again.... Ink me in please but could you give directions The last time I was in your fair City it was back in the 60's So I'm sure it's changed a bit..... MIKE.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2004 22:41

From both Rail stations there are free buses to the town - one stops just next to the cathederal and the centre is just at the back of it.

Brenda

Brenda Report 28 Feb 2004 22:53

SHE I,m already here LOL and ready and waiting unless I get a job that stops me.LOL Can't wait to see everyone again and meet new friends. BRENDA

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 28 Feb 2004 22:54

Greeting's again.... I was contemplating travelling up by car So whats the parking like and costs.. . . MIKE.

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 29 Feb 2004 01:11

Hi She Would love to come and meet all the folks again on APRIL 6TH but I have a dentist appt in the morning and a hospital appt in the afternoon Sorry I got it wrong dentists is 7th and as my hosp appt is at 4-30pm I will be able to stay till about 3 so count me in Will it be Teddies or Easter Bunnies? Bren in Oldham

Iz

Iz Report 29 Feb 2004 09:19

She, I'd really like to come along - would that be during the Easter hols do you know? I think it would be easier for me to drive so I could give a lift to any other persons from Cov./ Bed. area. Isobel

red devil

red devil Report 29 Feb 2004 19:55

count me in will look forward to it

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 1 Mar 2004 08:05

Hi Think Del & I will be able to get there just need to sort out someone to meet Sam after his day placement Jan