General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What gets you singing along, when you’re driving y

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 28 Mar 2004 20:32

see below.

Andy

Andy Report 28 Mar 2004 20:32

Yes, here’s another musical teaser for you. :-) What gets you singing along, when you’re driving your car; you can have a choice of ten (yes ten!), this time. Let’s have them… Mine: No More Heroes – The Stranglers Rock And Roll – Led Zeppelin New York New York – Ryan Adams Solid Rock – Dire Straits Teenage Kicks – The Undertones Burn Baby Burn – Ash Ronnie And Neil – Drive-by Truckers Brown Sugar – The Rolling Stones Blitzkrieg Bop – Ramones Sweet Jane – The Velvet Underground

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 28 Mar 2004 20:36

Hi Andy, Any Status Quo songs,do it for me,and also Chas & Dave. Barry

Tallulah

Tallulah Report 28 Mar 2004 20:43

I don't drive, but as a passenger i sing to pretty much anything, much to the annoyance of my husband who is trying to concentrate and i'm caterwauling next to him! lol xx

John

John Report 28 Mar 2004 20:48

Bo Rhap, Come on Eileen, Madness songs and Abba!!

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 28 Mar 2004 21:32

Anything by Fairport Convention !!!!! Viv.

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 28 Mar 2004 21:43

Nothing Len

Susan

Susan Report 28 Mar 2004 21:48

I don't drive a car only my hubby mad singing to black sabbath and meat loaf some times Queen but mostly meat loaf. Sue

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 28 Mar 2004 22:04

Whats up Len? I love to sing along to: Anything by Gerry Rafferty, ACDC, Abba, Frank Sinatra, Van Morrison, Runrig (Scottish Band), Ronan Keating, and most of the stuff on Terry Wogan in the morning. Too difficult to pick out all time favourites as i'd need a very, very long list. Pam

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 28 Mar 2004 22:13

Bob Dylan!..say no more.....

Sam

Sam Report 28 Mar 2004 22:14

shania Twain, bryan Adams (My family especially enjoy the "Spirit" soundtrack. I quite enjoy 60's and 70's music too

Deborah

Deborah Report 28 Mar 2004 22:41

Hi all Samantha - We've got Spirit in the car, brilliant album, but then anything by SIR Adams, does it for me and my girls! My fav's are anything by Bryan Adams Westlife (sorry, but I luv 'em, I'm there oldest fan you know!) Backstreet Boys ( ditto!!) Daniel Beddingfield Michael Bolton Celine Dion Queen Abba The Levellers Metallica's S & M live I know, from the sublime to the ridiculous!! Debbie

Lindy

Lindy Report 28 Mar 2004 22:55

I never sing in the car, I am too busy watching what the other drivers are up to. If you have ever driven on the I25 in the Algarve you will know what I am talking about. I once bought a Tshirt in Lagos that says, "I25 THE DRIVE OF YOUR LIFE" Lindy who stopped driving six years ago :-((

Sam

Sam Report 28 Mar 2004 22:56

Deborah, great taste, I also like westlife and daniel bedingfield. Do you like Alex Parks and Shania Twain

Andy

Andy Report 28 Mar 2004 22:58

Debbie, Can't imagine there ever being an occasion where both Michael Bolton and Metallica are in the same room at the same time, lol!

Sam

Sam Report 28 Mar 2004 23:03

Andy, Can't imagine Alex Parks and Shania Twain together either. I like them both just the same

Sam

Sam Report 28 Mar 2004 23:06

By the way, which part of the North are you from

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 28 Mar 2004 23:23

It's usually Steps for the school run or Queen if the whole family's in. But I went to see a brilliant T-Rex tribute band last night so it'll be Jeepster and Hot Love tomorrow! Deborah and Samantha Are you coming over to Hull this summer to see Bryan Adams at the stadium? Jeanette

Andy

Andy Report 28 Mar 2004 23:34

Samantha, Not as far north as yourself. Am not far from Middlesbrough, live on the coast.

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 28 Mar 2004 23:52

Drive down the A3 listening to Tupac. Well, drive everywhere listening to 2pac. Currently playing, Resurrection. Fav track: Bury Me A G Kathy