General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Disney Films

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 1 Apr 2004 21:47

What are your favourite Disney films. My 2 girls have so many I've lost count!

Debbie

Debbie Report 1 Apr 2004 21:50

Cant remember if Toy Story 1 and 2 are Disney but I can watch them over and over again. I think I like most of the Disneys apart from The Lion King, there is just something I dont like about them, I think it could do with the fact that Elton John Sings the tunes and I dont like him or his music. Debbie

Debbie

Debbie Report 1 Apr 2004 21:53

Just remembered I love Fox and Hounds, I cried at that. and Snow White is good

Tallulah

Tallulah Report 1 Apr 2004 21:58

Like you Sam, i think my 2 girls' have everyone, my favourite is Mulan....great story, good song and fantastic animation.....the bit here the Huns are coming down the snow covered mountains is just amazing tricia

Sam

Sam Report 1 Apr 2004 22:25

tricia- I think Mulan is one of the few my girls havn't got. I like Fox and the Hound tarzan Has anyone seen Spirit - Stallion of the Cimmarron

Melba64

Melba64 Report 1 Apr 2004 23:11

I once took my nephews to see Bambi. I think I enjoyed it more than them. I also like the Aristocats because I am a cat lover. Mel

Jane

Jane Report 1 Apr 2004 23:26

If Mary Poppins was a Disney film then I love that, watched it that many times with both my children, in fact I could probably star in it myself, I am that familiar with it. Toy Story 1 and 2 must admit they are great films and I just love the humour in them.

Debbie

Debbie Report 1 Apr 2004 23:27

Yes Mulan is another of my favourites, there is a tune on there that I love when the gorgeous bloke is training them all. Yes I know its only a cartoon but dont you think he is rather dishy. Debbie

K

K Report 1 Apr 2004 23:33

I could watch Lion King over and over, and I still love to watch Mary Poppins and Bednobs and Broomsticks!. My kids have them all too. My girls favourite is Shrek and my two year old loves Monsters Inc. Where would we be without Disney!

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 2 Apr 2004 12:24

I love beauty and the beast and jungle book. My daughter has most of the disney films, but I have had to hide the fox and the hound and dumbo, as she cries every time she watches them! She must take after me, because I still can`t watch watership down without howling. Definitely WON`T be letting her watch that! Rebecca

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Apr 2004 12:31

Someone mentioned Toy Story - Yes these ARE Disney/Pixar and are BRILLIANT, along with Monsters Inc. Of the traditional animation, I guess my favourite is probably Peter Pan - although I liked The Jungle Book too. And the version of Tarzan they did a few years ago wa good too. A word also for Pirates of the Caribbean - a GREAT film for anyone that's not seen it, and yes, it's Disney !

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 Apr 2004 13:46

Jane I know what you mean about Mary Poppins. I quite often find myself singing a spoonful of sugar! My favourites though are Shrek and Little Mermaid. I love the songs in that one. Jeanette

Jane

Jane Report 2 Apr 2004 22:09

Jeanette, forgot about Shrek, watched that loads of times, fabulous, and Paul, love Pirattes of the Carribean seen it 5 times so far, but I must admit Johnny Depp and Orlando has a lot to do with that. "These are a few of my favourite things"!! Janie x

Sue

Sue Report 2 Apr 2004 22:14

It's so hard to pick a favourite Disney film. There are so many great ones. My Grandaughter, Abbie, loves Beauty and the Beast. Her Mum & Dad went to see it just before she was born and my daughter says Abbie was dancing to the music! My two elder Grandaughters love Mary Poppins, while my Grandson loves Monsters Inc. and both the Toy Story films. My favourite 'live action' film has to be Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and my favourite cartoon is Robin Hood (love Prince John sucking his thumb!) closely followed by Jungle Book. Sue- singing- Ooobi doo I wanna be like yooo!

Sam

Sam Report 2 Apr 2004 22:22

I like Dumbo. Also I don't know if this is a disney film but the kids love Ice Age

Susan

Susan Report 3 Apr 2004 08:36

My fav is Jungle book always has been always will be. Sue

Sandi

Sandi Report 3 Apr 2004 10:28

My absolute favourites are Fantasia Bedknobs and Brromsticks I can watch either over and over again

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 3 Apr 2004 15:32

I love all the Disney (nasties) as we call them. They are geared for family entertainment. No sex or sick chain saw murders just nice pics. Pat

Victoria

Victoria Report 3 Apr 2004 21:39

My daughter 8 and she loves Mary Poppins, she used to want to be the Little Mermaid, but i think she'd rather be Mulan now (she's tougher!!). She knows all the songs to all the films! My son thinks George of the Jungle is great! (ooh Brendan Fraser in a buttflap! yes thats what its called! very nice to) But I love Tarzan, the gorillas, the music everything. When Kerjack dies the tears flow!!! Oh and by the way Pirates of the Carribean may be a newer film, but its still disney and FANTASTIC!!!! johnny depp was robbed of the oscar!

Buggy21

Buggy21 Report 4 Apr 2004 01:56

My favorite has to be Mary Poppins. I have a bag just like hers, everything in it, and my children seem to think I have a purse to match. How wrong are they? LOL....... Angie.