General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If you could bring them back

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 3 Apr 2004 12:04

If you were given the chance to bring somebody back from the other side for one day, who would you choose and what you do? Id bring my grandad back and we'd spend the day at the park and have a meal at Barnacles.

Rach

Rach Report 3 Apr 2004 12:06

Id bring back all my Grandparent as I never knew them. Id get them to do my family tree! lol!

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 3 Apr 2004 12:59

Id bring back my G.Grandmother Susan Murphy so that I could find out all about her family.....coz it's almost impossible trying to find them!!

Susanne

Susanne Report 3 Apr 2004 13:17

I would bring my grandmother back, she died 1997 and I still miss her like crazy. I would love to go for one more walk around the grounds of Exeter University with her like we used to. On a lighter note I would bring back my GGrandad and ask him why his family enjoyed changing their names so much! I am sure they knew that I would be trying to find them and decided to make a game of it!!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 3 Apr 2004 15:51

My mum who passed over at 38. I was 14. I'm 38 myself next month & it really feels strange... Elaine x

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 3 Apr 2004 16:02

Ooohhh George, You certainly know how to make one's tears flow.... My DAD....I'd love to have him back, even if it was just for one day. We'd spend it right here, where I live in Spain....where he was at his happiest. It's been nearly 14 years but still feels like yesterday. Dawn.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Apr 2004 18:15

I'm in the same situation as you Elaine, in that my mum died when I was 14 and she was 43. I'llbe 43 this year and it's strange to think I'll soon be older than she was when she died. I'd love to have her back for one day to meet my husband and four children

Michelle

Michelle Report 3 Apr 2004 19:05

I would bring back my Nan, she passed away in 1987 and I miss her desperately, she was and always will be the best woman in the world. I would talk to her about the family tree, because she had so many interesting stories, and write down all her potions and lotions she used to make, for all manner of problems. I would love her to meet my son who was born seven weeks after she died and a week before her birthday. The thing is though one day with my Nan just would not be enough, I would just miss her so much all over again. M.

Julie

Julie Report 3 Apr 2004 20:11

I lost my husband 30th October 2001 and it will be his birthday tomorrow 4th April. It would be nice to have him back for a day to introduce him to his two new grandsons Jacob Ralph Lowey born 16th November 2001 and Tomas Gordon Edwin Brown born 22nd October 2003.

Victoria

Victoria Report 3 Apr 2004 21:44

I don't think I can pick one relative, may I have all of them just for one day? so I can spend most the day recording all their memories and then have a big farewell party on the night! wouldn't that be fantastic!

Jane

Jane Report 3 Apr 2004 21:48

I would bring back all my grandparents so they could get to know there two beautiful great granddaughters, and I could quiz them about my ancestors and get a little further with this tree!!

Sue

Sue Report 3 Apr 2004 22:08

I would bring back my Mum so she could meet her 4 Great Grandchildren. She used to say she was longing to be a Great Grandma. She was a brilliant Grandma and would have given my Grandchildren so much love. My elder son's daughter was born 9 months after Mum died (on 6 February 1997) and is named after her. Do I believe in reincarnation? I think I do. My Dad died on 5 April 1987 and Mum missed him so much. She had 10 years without him, but now they are reunited, I hope. I would have to bring them both back - I couldn't separate them again! Sue

Michelle

Michelle Report 3 Apr 2004 22:46

Bill, just have to say, a huge hug and lots of love. M.

Lynn

Lynn Report 3 Apr 2004 23:40

Dawn.I read your reply and it brought tears to my eyes as like you I would bring my dad back.Its been 18yrs and not a day goes by that I don't miss him, and often have a little weep when polishing his photo frame Lynn

Rick

Rick Report 3 Apr 2004 23:47

My dad. Apart from missing him, he would have just loved everything I've found out about the family, GC, the internet & the whole thing. Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 4 Apr 2004 00:45

Hi Lynda, Is it me or is GC playing up tonight - seems very slow ? Dad got into the family research about 10 years ago and got some old family portraits reproduced to hang on the wall in his study. Funny that I liked the photos, but didn't pay much attention at the time. He died in 2000 and just before Xmas I found a hand-drawn family tree he had done. There were some mistakes, but it really helped me get started. He never had internet access to help him, but he was an engineer & so would have taken to the technology. So sad I can never show him what I've found out. I'd have liked him to see this: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb(.)com/~wingrove/s-marshall-rick.htm That's his mum - Beatrice Fanny Wingrove. I'm sure he would have been proud ! Rick.

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 4 Apr 2004 10:05

I would bring back my Grandpa and we would go to a test match at Headingley together. We both love cricket but never got to go to a Test Match together. Iif only we could do this.

Bridget

Bridget Report 4 Apr 2004 10:07

Hi Everyone, I would love to bring back my Dad i lost him last August even though my Mum and Dad divorced when i was 17,and i am 54 now it still hurts. I used to see Dad and chat on the phone but i hoped all those years that my mum and him would get back together but sadly no. We sat with Dad when he died i told him i loved him and i would see him again,but i miss him so much i chat to him every day (no i am not mad). Can anyone tell me when the pain starts to ease? I am on sleeping tablets but they do not help alot. Please any advice would be a help. Thank You

Lynn

Lynn Report 4 Apr 2004 10:52

Hi bridget.I think the inital pain eases but I get sad for all the things he missed out on,as I said before my Dad died 18yrs ago.He missed all my childrens weddings so at each wedding I had special flowers at the church and then went and laid them on his grave.He missed all his great-grand-children's happy smiling faces,and all the things both happy and sad that have happened since he passed away.Yesterday was the Grand National and although he was not a betting man he used to" like a flutter "and he would also put a bet on for me.I haven't done so since he died but it was yet another day like so many through out the year to remember him with love Lynn

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 4 Apr 2004 15:04

i know this is probably really selfish, but as i sit with tears in my eyes for my mum and all shes missed in the 10years shes been gone, i couldnt bring her back for a day as i couldnt bare to let her go again. i miss her so much, my kids and husband and my dad miss her too, and now as the tears are falling ill leave this.