General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who was no.1 when you were born?

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 8 Apr 2004 11:13

If you've got nothing better to do for the next 30 secs, you may want to look at this (remove brackets): http://www.designateonline(.)com/docs/one/ Find out who was Top Of The Pops the day you were born. For me, it was "Give A Little Love" by The Bay City Rollers. Ah, I remember it well, lol.

Andy

Andy Report 8 Apr 2004 11:16

umm, forgot to mention, you need to have been born after 1952, lol.

Andy

Andy Report 8 Apr 2004 11:18

Have you removed the brackets from the dot? It should work if you have removed them, just tried it again and it's fine.

Susanne

Susanne Report 8 Apr 2004 11:22

Get off my cloud by the Rolling Stones. Sue

Natalie

Natalie Report 8 Apr 2004 11:24

Mine was Daydreamer/Puppy song by David Cassidy. I am abit of a daydreamer has to be sad Nat

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Apr 2004 11:28

oh well I am ok then - I have Elvis singing All shook up - that should please paul lol

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 8 Apr 2004 11:28

Mine was Shakin Stevens but I aint telling you which song cos then you can find out how old I am!! Lindsey

Simon

Simon Report 8 Apr 2004 11:30

Can't seem to get onto the site, but can remember from checking it out once before that mine was 'Metal Guru' by T-Rex. Excellent ! Simon

Russell

Russell Report 8 Apr 2004 11:35

'I'm a Believer' by the Monkees - written by Neil Diamond (b Noah Kaminsky) a second cousin of William Thomas Tucker III!! Just been looking on google. Apparantly Neil Leslie Diamond is his real name and Noah Kaminsky was a possible stage name he considered. To summarise, 'I'm a Believer' by the Monkees was number 1 when I was born. It was written by Neil Leslie Diamond, the Uncle of WTTIII!!

Andy

Andy Report 8 Apr 2004 11:41

I can just imagine someone looking this up, say 20 years from now and cringing when they realise they were born on a day when say, "Barbie Girl" by Aqua was number 1! Of course, it could be that no-one will remember that song, 20 years from now but somehow I doubt it!

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Apr 2004 11:44

you lot are soooo young....lol my was shirley bassey!!!!....yukkk susie

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 8 Apr 2004 11:45

Linda I suppose not but I feel very old - oldest child syndrome I think! Ok - I confess, Im 22! Cant remember what the song was called now - something about a house I think?! Shakey was never one of my favourites - more of a Spandau Ballet girl! Lindsey

Yvette

Yvette Report 8 Apr 2004 11:48

Spandau Ballet.......now i can agree with that one, lol Had a look for mine and it was the Spencer Davis Group with Somebody help me, must be close to what my mother said, lol!!!! Thought i would have a look to see what was no 1 when i got married, and it was You are not alone by Michael Jackson, quite apt for the day! Yvette

Trish

Trish Report 8 Apr 2004 11:55

It's Amost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers. Who????????????????

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 8 Apr 2004 12:06

Bing Crosby Singing the top tune= " The Continental".

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 8 Apr 2004 12:10

Apparently, The Shadows were tops, with Kon-Tiki (dear me, it does make me feel ancient!)

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 8 Apr 2004 13:11

Mine was Manfredd Mann----Pretty Flamingo. 13th May 1966. ( Yes Friday the 13th LOL ! ) Elaine x

badger

badger Report 8 Apr 2004 13:14

don,t know Andy, but rumour has it ,that Glen millar was in there somewhere [ in the mood] so i think i may have beaten the digger ,just.Denis.

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Apr 2004 13:17

ohhh Brass in Pocket, great song Deb. Mine's Sugar Sugar by the Archies (I looked it up before).

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 8 Apr 2004 13:21

Mine was Where are you now (my love) by Jackie Trent. Wasn't she married to Tony Hatch? Don't know the song though. Jeanette