General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

spare a thought :-(

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 12 Apr 2004 08:13

Its a bright sunny bank holiday,the birds are singing, not a cloud in the sky (yet). so all of you lucky people who have'nt got to go work spare a thought for us poor sods that do!

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 12 Apr 2004 08:15

A big AAAAH for Darren from Norah

Darren white

Darren white Report 12 Apr 2004 08:20

Norah, somehow i don't feel that was from the heart.

Darren white

Darren white Report 12 Apr 2004 08:36

Dawn, saw your pin on guest map, where exactly in Devon are you?

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 12 Apr 2004 08:38

Darren, you might have to go to work but i have to do the first cut on the back lawn-wanna swap? Andy

Darren white

Darren white Report 12 Apr 2004 08:42

Mmmm...its a tempting offer...i'll get back to you Andy

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 12 Apr 2004 08:54

Darren, thought you might. lol

Darren white

Darren white Report 12 Apr 2004 09:00

Well I've been at work for 2 hours now....I don't think anyone else is coming in... :-( thought about the lawn, thanks but I'll sit here and watch telly for a bit, if you don't mind.

Lynda

Lynda Report 12 Apr 2004 09:43

Hi Darren Soooooo Sorry you have to work. Think of it this way, your already there, some of us have to look forward to going through it tomorrw. Yuk Lynda

Rick

Rick Report 12 Apr 2004 09:46

Darren, So you won't be needing the sunshine then ? Send it over to the West Country please ;-) Rick.

Darren white

Darren white Report 12 Apr 2004 10:01

Rick, If can't enjoy it no-one can! anyway its clouding over now.

Andy

Andy Report 12 Apr 2004 11:05

I'm afraid I'm working as well today, although I don't start until 2.30pm. Bring out the violins!

Janice

Janice Report 12 Apr 2004 11:07

Darren, You might get more sympathy if you stop chatting on here and actually do some work ;-) LOL Janice

Darren white

Darren white Report 12 Apr 2004 11:26

wish I had got something to do at work. Someones even nicked me telly!

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 12 Apr 2004 12:33

darren my thoughts are with you!! this is my 1st bank holiday off for 5 years so im going to enjoy it...lol i too have a job that involves working every day of the year(but we love it really dont we) lol i have worked every xmas for the last 11 years as well take care and i'll be thinking of you..honestly...lol susie

Darren white

Darren white Report 12 Apr 2004 12:43

Hi sue This year I'm working new years eve..I'll be sat here with me paper hat and a party popper......and maybe just maybe a large bottle of Jack Daniels..

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 12 Apr 2004 12:46

darren its sounds like heaven to me...lmao but if you could make that bacardi instead of jack daniels...lol i will also be working new years eve,morning and evening,its a rough life really aint it?? mind you i dont call it work,i call it dedication!!!...lol susie

Rick

Rick Report 12 Apr 2004 13:02

Darren mate ! Don't know what you did, but it worked a treat. The sun's shining & it's got really warm. If you can get it into a bottle & sell it you'll never have to work a bank holiday again :-) Rick.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 12 Apr 2004 13:42

i used to work most bank holidays to but changed my job so i didnt have to anymore...yippee andy from leicester....i'l cut ur grass .....its my fav job...im not joking either...my grass/weeds has had 2 cuts already this yr....

Darren white

Darren white Report 12 Apr 2004 14:16

Hiya I thought it was round there somewhere, I've got friends who live in Croyde.