General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Favourite Authors

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natalie

Natalie Report 15 Apr 2004 12:54

Hi I love reading and I just wonder what everyone's favourite Authors are

Natalie

Natalie Report 15 Apr 2004 12:55

Mine are Cathy Kelly Sheila O'Flangan Jackie Collins Barbara Esrkine Ruth Rendall Louise Bagshawe Martina Cole Danielle Steele Maeve Binchy These are just a few nat

Susanne

Susanne Report 15 Apr 2004 12:56

James Herbert is the only one that I find myself waiting for each new book release.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Apr 2004 13:00

Nick Hornby at the moment, have enjoyed every book he's written (and the films lol)

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 15 Apr 2004 13:00

Hi Natalie I'm a bit of an old stick in the mud when it comes to authors. I tend to stick to the same ones but there comes a time eventually when you've read all of their books and have to try something different. I have recently discovered Robert Goddard who has written loads of books so I'm wading my way through them at the mo. He writes fictional thrillers with a bit of an historical twist. My fave so far has been 'Dying to Tell' but they're all good. Well worth a read. Jeanette

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 15 Apr 2004 13:08

Gotta be: Stephen King Dean Koontz James Herbert Peter Straub Though in no particular order-they're all brilliant!

Louise

Louise Report 15 Apr 2004 13:14

Most of my favourites are science fantasy authors but for general reading I like the following: Christine Marion Fraser Neil Gunn Jane Austen Barbara Taylor Bradford Nicholas Evans John Grisham Patricia Cornwell Diana Gabaldon Danielle Steel Toni Morrison Kathy Lette Ok I'd better stop or I could be here all day lol !! Lou

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 15 Apr 2004 13:18

Sophie Kinsella Her confessions of a shopaholic books are hilarious. I can relate to so much of the books.... People thought I was going mad last year, reading on the beach at Skeggy & laughing out loud ! Elaine x

Pat

Pat Report 15 Apr 2004 13:32

Hi all you readers, has anyone read Sheelagh Kelly.Her books set in York are brilliant. Pat in Australia.

Melba64

Melba64 Report 15 Apr 2004 18:18

I love historical novel and especially like E V Thompson at the moment. His books are set in Cornwall mainly around the old tin mines. I have also read some of Wilbur Smith, Josephine Cox and Virginia Andrews although I don't read quite as much as I used to. Mel

syljo

syljo Report 15 Apr 2004 19:12

Has nobody ever read any of D.H. Lawrence books?? I own just about every one of his - and have read them. Wonderful man.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 15 Apr 2004 19:28

Diana Gabaldon Christine Marion Fraser (I think it must be a Scottish thing Louise) Iain Crichton Smith Janice Galloway James Kellman Alan Spence Maeve Binchey Catherine Cookson These are a few of mine Christine

Rick

Rick Report 15 Apr 2004 19:46

This is going to sound like my favourite books list with the book titles taken out, but.... Anthony Burgess (way out ahead) Salman Rushdie Gore Vidal Martin Amis J.P Donleavy Douglas Adams Isaac Asimov Gabriel Garcia Marquez Rick.

Lynda

Lynda Report 15 Apr 2004 19:58

One of my all time favourites has to be Bill Bryson I love his books for the interest factor, and his sense of humour is something else. Highly reccomend him!! Lynda

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Apr 2004 21:32

Favourite holiday reads are the ones that make me laugh out loud, such as: Judy Astley Catherine Alliott India Knight Joanne Harris all quite rude but very funny!! also: Leslie Thomas Nick Hornby Iris Murdoch Barbara Vine These are the ones I've read most recently.

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 15 Apr 2004 21:34

Ooh I have quite a few too. In no particular order: Terry Pratchett Maeve Binchy Nick Hornby Jilly Cooper Stephen King Dean Koontz Sophie Kinsella Jane Greene James Patterson Ben Elton

Janet

Janet Report 15 Apr 2004 21:46

Just a couple or so Stephen King Bill Bryson J K Rowling Jilly Cooper That will do for now Janet

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 15 Apr 2004 21:56

Am I the only gore lover on GC?? These are the ones I order in advance! Stephen King Janet Evanovich Patricia Cornwell Kathy Reichs James Patterson Val McDermid Dennis Lehane John Connolly Tess Gerritson Lawrence Block Will read most things except 'Mills and Boon' style romance I'm afraid! Maz. XX

Sam

Sam Report 15 Apr 2004 21:58

Some of my favourites are:- J.K. Rowling ( Yes I've read all the Harry Potter books) Josephine Cox Donna Baker Sally Warboyes Meg Hutchinson Jessica Stirling Ruth Hamilton E.V.Thompson Anna Jacobs James Herbert Stephen King

Karen

Karen Report 15 Apr 2004 22:05

I'm a total book worm, last Friday I spent the afternoon reading and read a 450 page book from front page to back page in the space of the afternoon! My fav authors are - Danielle Steel Jill Mansell Marian Keyes