General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vote Now Which do you listen to? Radio 1 or Radio

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natalie

Natalie Report 15 Apr 2004 17:00

I like radio 2 but which one do you like to listen to? Trying to find the TOGS I am a young TOG only 30

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 15 Apr 2004 17:04

im a TOG i listen to sarah k, wogan, and depending on my shift at work any or all of the rest of the days programes up until 7 pm my fav though is richard allinson on saturday afternoons and wen he stands in for the others i do listen to radio 1 for the charts sometimes im the right age to be a TOG though...43 lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Apr 2004 17:34

Radio 2 of course!!:o) Whats a tog????? gawd, l bet l'll feel really silly when you tell me:~( Ok - so l know now,must admit never heard it said before.Just love Terry & Paul in the morning & Steve Wright in the afternoon:O) Jude

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 15 Apr 2004 18:25

Radio 2 barry

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 15 Apr 2004 18:29

Definately Radio 2. I consider myself a TYG still at age 36. Terry's young geezer, TOG being Terrys Old Geezer. I laugh so hard sometimes, I don't know how I keep the car on the road. Johnathan Ross is great on Saturdays too. Pam

Melba64

Melba64 Report 15 Apr 2004 18:32

I usually listen to my local commercial radio but if I am in the car and away from the area I will listen to Radio 2. I am nearly 40 and just find Radio 1 boring these days. I always say you know you are getting old when you start to like Radio 2. I used to moan at my dad for listening to it when I was a kid. Mel

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 15 Apr 2004 18:46

Radio 2 definitely the best. Sarahs jokes, Terrys sense of humour, Ken because he's Scottish and then the chats on up to date news. Steve Wright does annoy sometimes as there seems to be too much talking over one another and they forget about the listeners. Jonathon is brilliant on a Saturday. Anyone hear his conversation about "picking your nose and eating it is good for you" last Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren white

Darren white Report 15 Apr 2004 19:25

Got to be Radio 2, like Ken Bruce and Steve Wright. mainly because they do the quizes. My mates laugh when I tell em I listen to radio 2, but radio 1 hasn't been the same since Steve Wright & Noel Edmonds left...now I am showing my age! I used to moan like hell when my dad listened to it....oh well....full circle :-)

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 15 Apr 2004 19:55

I'm definately a TOG at the age of 47 and have always listened to Radio 2. My mum used to listen when I was younger and I do wish I'd taken heed of Terry Wogan and his Fight The Flab Brigade, perhaps I wouldn't be quite so rotund now! Used to know Paul Walters and his family as I lived in the same village they lived in. I suppose that is why I have stayed loyal to radio 2. Viv.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 15 Apr 2004 21:30

sorry:(:( i dont listen to any of those i listen to capital gold!!!!...or heart fm susie ps wat is a TOG...lol

Janet

Janet Report 15 Apr 2004 21:40

Definately a TOG. Used to listen to Radio Shropshire but then a friend insisted on changing the radio station one day when they were visiting and it hasn't been changed back in over 3 years. Terry Wogan, Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine (can be very informative), Steve Wright and lastly Johnnie Walker. Great bunch. Excellant background whilst at the computer all day. A definate TOG at - 44 (as regards the lying thread !!!!!!!!) Janet

*~*~ Maisie from  Wales. *~*~

*~*~ Maisie from Wales. *~*~ Report 15 Apr 2004 21:58

I am a true tog.. I listen to Sarah Kennedy who is "The Bizz" love Terry Wogan and pauly, Ken Bruce, I usually go out to visit my Mum at 12 sometimes catch Steve Wright, and I think Johnnie Walker is an amazing man getting through his chemo for bowel cancer and his programme is brill.... So Radio 2 I listen to as you can see.....

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 15 Apr 2004 22:21

Radio 3 or Classic FM, occasionally radio 2 but, if I am in the car, tapes or CDs rather than 2 (except Sunday afternoons when its not too bad.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 15 Apr 2004 22:24

Haven't listened to Radio 1 for years and never listened to Radio 2!! I moved last year from Capital to Heart 106.2 (also on sky channel 874) and especially love Friday/Saturday evening - Club Classics - all the stuff I used to boogie on down to in my yoof!! Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Apr 2004 23:00

LOL Nat I didn't think you'd actually do this - do you feel better now that most people seem to listen to Radio 2 ? For the record, I listen to Radio One, but if I get frustrated by what they're playing I revert to Radio 2... or a CD. Never listen to the local station, can't STAND the adverts it's worse than the TV...

Janet

Janet Report 15 Apr 2004 23:03

Neither - I listen to local radio - BBC Radio Northampton.

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 15 Apr 2004 23:11

hi all i listen to centuary 105.4 fm plays all the great 80,s memories of my younger days tracy:)

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 16 Apr 2004 08:07

i hate comercial radio.....the adverts drive me crazy local bbc radio leicester is ok to listen to their footie comentry but the daily programmes seem so pompus and boring nowadays although the breakfast show is ok if i want to know why iv been sitting in a trafic jam for half hour....lol so as i said b4 its radio 2 for me

Natalie

Natalie Report 16 Apr 2004 09:39

I think Radio 2 is winning at the moment lol Nat

Andy

Andy Report 16 Apr 2004 11:06

They have MTV permanently playing in the cafe where I work, as well as local radio playing the background whilst I'm working so I cannot escape the clutches of the latest commercial fodder that makes up most of the Top 40. Which is why I don't listen to a lot of Radio 1 (Steve Lamacq would be an exception). If I'm in the car, I tend to have it on Radio 2 (the 15 year old me would be disappointed!). I'm not a big fan of Wogan but he's infinitely preferable to the annoying, overrated Moyles. If I'm at home, I like listening to digital Radio 6, good selection of DJs and a wide range of musical tastes.