General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Spare a thought or prayer

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 13:11

This morning I took my 8 year old son to the funeral of his class mate who lost his fight against Cancer last week. Harley was a lovely, cheerful little soul and never let his illness get the better of him. My prayers and thoughts today are for his Mum & Dad and family. God Bless Harley XX Nite Nite young man. Treasure your children whilst you have them.

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 16 Apr 2004 13:23

Elaine, I am so sorry for you, your son and especially for the family of Harley. Love to you all. Elisabeth xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 13:28

Elaine - my thoughts and prayers are with you all. xx

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 16 Apr 2004 13:32

elaine life isnt fair is it? i am so sorry for you all my brothers best friend of 33 years was found dead in his room on tuesday he was only 34!!! he hadnt been ill at all so a post mortem is being held give harleys parents my love and a great big hug take care susie

Lindy

Lindy Report 16 Apr 2004 13:48

Elaine, I am so sorry to hear such tragic news. Children should bury their parents and not the other around. My prayers and thoughts are with Harley's family and your son. He will always keep the memory of his friend alive in his heart. God Bless. Lindy

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 16 Apr 2004 14:34

I fell tearfull at your news. I have a 9 year old son ( & a 5 year old daughter) and the very thought of losing them terrifies me. God bless the little lads parents & family & may they find the strength to go on. A big hug to your little boy who must be feeling so upset & confused & maybe even a little frightend about what has happened to his friend. Take care all of you, Elaine xx ( ENORMOUS HUG )

Linda

Linda Report 16 Apr 2004 15:15

HI Elaine A few weeks ago I took my mentally handicapped son aged twenty one to his Girlfriends funeral she also had learning difficulties, he still does not understand the concept of her death and is still expecting to see her again. It was one of the most moving funerals I hav ever been to and she was a lovely girl. I just realised how enormously priveliged I was to have my son and what a blessing he is to me. It does help you gain a new perspective on what and what is not important.. MY thoughts are with you Linda p

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 15:49

Elaine l am so sorry to hear this sad news. He must have been so brave. Life is so precious!! Big hugs to your son and our thought go to Harleys parents and you. Jude x

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 15:51

Eileen how sad! My thoughts are especially with the parents and your son's class. It reminds me of the day I went with my son to the funeral of his best friend who was aged 16 and looking forward to starting his first job. However this and all of his future was taken away from him by a drunk driver. God bless, Kathy xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 16:04

Thank you to all of you for your special thoughts and prayers for Harleys Mum & Dad. My son is carrying on as normal ( as children do ) I doubt it will hit him until he goes back to sch next Wednesday and see's the empty chair at his table. It was a very emotional funeral, with Westlife playing all the way through in the background, and they lead his coffin out to the words of 'Flying without Wings'. I'm gutted for the parents, and any parents, who have lost children, it must be the most heartbreaking thing anyone has to endure. I will leave a special message from everyone at the grave tomorrow. Thankyou. Elaine.X

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 16:20

I cannot imagine a greater sorrow than to lose a child. There is absolutely nothing I can say. God help you all. xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 16:35

Very sad. Although anyone researching their family history will no that child mortality was much higher then than now, it is still about the worst thing we can imagine happening to us. It makes me glad every day that my children are healthy and safe. Helen.

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 16 Apr 2004 17:01

Elaine Give your Son a big Hug and his friends family too I can't imagine what they are feeling at this moment. They are in our thoughts and prayers Ann

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 16 Apr 2004 18:53

Elaine, how absolutely heartbreaking. My youngest little boy is eight, and he always has his friends round to play at our house. I can't imagine how devastated he would be to lose one of his friends, let alone how poor Harleys parents feel. My thoughts and prayers are with them at such a very sad time. Carol.

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 16 Apr 2004 18:56

My thoughts are with your son and Harley's family Please give your son a hug from us Janxx Linda P I have a son with a learning disability and we have attended the funerals of so many of his friends, my son is 24 now and the first one he went to was when he was 3 as the family requested that the children went for a celebration of life. He found it difficult at first to accept the death of one of his best friends and talked to her for ages in his room, it took a few months for him to realise he would not see her again Give your son a hug too Jan

Lynda

Lynda Report 16 Apr 2004 19:00

Elaine So sad to hear your news, my thoughts are with both yours and Harley's family. It's also sad that your son has to experience such a loss at such a young age. Lynda

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 19:22

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Just got back from the hospital myself, my husbands Aunt is very poorly with cancer. It is such an awful illness. It must have been so hard for his parents to see this happen to their child and so difficult for you all to come to terms with. I wish you all peace of mind and hope Harley is with out pain or discomfort now. God bless Harley and deepest sympathy to all who are grieving.

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 19:59

A special thought for you and yours Jan, my thoughts are with you as well. May all those who are suffering find comfort soon. Thank you to everyone who has taken a moment to reply. Everyone who is a part of this sight should be proud of themselves, you are all so generous with your thoughts, help, time and advice, its over whelming to know that there are so many genuinely nice people out there. Elaine X

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 20:37

elaine i am still in remishion with cancer but i at least was able to see my children grow up, my love and thoughts go to his mother and father alfie

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 20:56

My thoughts and prayers are with you Alfie. With much love Elaine X