General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sayings ya mam told yer!

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rach

Rach Report 19 Apr 2004 22:15

My mums favourite was DONT TEACH YOUR GRANDMOTHER TO SUCK EGGS! I get the idea but why would anyone want to suck eggs?!xx

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 19 Apr 2004 22:17

Cadbury cream eggs!! I would....

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 19 Apr 2004 22:18

Hi Rach, `Do you want another smack`? AS IF. Barry

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 19 Apr 2004 22:19

Rach, `So where did you lose it`? If I knew that,it wouldn`t be lost would it. Barry.

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 19 Apr 2004 22:19

I can never understand the one "It would be cheap at half the price" Someone explain it to me please, I really ought to know better at my age. Norah

Julie

Julie Report 19 Apr 2004 22:20

your eyes are bigger than your belly Hi Rosie

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 19 Apr 2004 22:20

Rach, `If you break your leg,don`t come running to me`. Barry.

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 19 Apr 2004 22:21

And then there is.......... Easter eggs, & Mini eggs....I also would;-)

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 19 Apr 2004 22:23

Hi Julie

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 19 Apr 2004 22:26

Do you want something to cry for ? !!!!!!!! Kathleen

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Apr 2004 22:28

You make your bed, you lie in it. When leaving home at age 18 for a career. Still don't understand completely. Little girls should be seen and not heard. (My dads favourite - he had four girls). Going to see a man about a dog. - When my dad was going out and we wanted to know where to. Never did see a dog. When my ship comes home - when asking for pocket money. Still waiting for ship. Sandra

Samantha

Samantha Report 19 Apr 2004 22:30

" if you did that to yourself - what would you do to me?" never quite got that 1 entirely - still dont - but say it to my kids anyway !!! tee hee

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 19 Apr 2004 22:43

I'm also waiting for the ship to come in You look with your eyes and not with your hands Children should be seen and not heard Every little helps said the old woman as she peed in the sea Wait till you get to my age then you'll have summat to cry about Bren Karen I also used to get told to put on a clean vest before I went anywhere and one day I didnt l fell and broke my arm and ended up in Crumpsall hospital iWhen she arrived she looked in the bedside locker found my dirty vest and gave me a right telling off She never asked about my arm

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Apr 2004 22:47

Bren that made me laugh. she says tittering. Better go to bed now otherwise I'll be here all night. Great board this. Tee Hee! Sandra

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 19 Apr 2004 22:52

Ive told you 50,000 times don't exaggerate! lol

Karen

Karen Report 19 Apr 2004 23:28

Always wear clean knickers incase you get runover.....I would imagine the first thing you would do if hit by anything would be ... mess your knickers ? Can you imagine being wheeled into casuality after being run over and the Doctor saying ooohhh her knickers are'nt very clean... Doh !

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 20 Apr 2004 00:24

i might as well be talking to a brick wall!! tracy

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Apr 2004 00:30

A cracker my mum used to say was "Don't cut your toe nails on a Sunday, you'll make the Virgin Mary cry" Eh? Don't know where that one came from! Another was "Anymore cheek and you'll get your head in your hands and your lugs to play with! My dad used to say if we asked for money "Do you think I'm Andrew Carnagie?" and "We're all Jock Tamson's bairns" Thing is I catch myself saying all these things to my own kids (not about the toenails) lol

Kevin

Kevin Report 20 Apr 2004 00:37

Waste not want not pick it up and eat it. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. I'll take my hand off your face if you don't behave. (never got that one, mind you it was the putting on a high speed that really did it)

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 20 Apr 2004 00:39

Me and my hubby have been having a right good giggle at these! Here's some more I'll make you smile on the other side of your face. When asking Dad where he was going - There and back again to see how far it is. What do you think you're on? Your fathers yacht? When I said that Dad didn't have a yacht, I was made to smile on the other side of my face! lol Jeanette