General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sandwiches

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 3 May 2004 22:35

Following the latest sandwich thread, What are your favourite sandwich fillings? You have made me hungry now!

Debbie

Debbie Report 3 May 2004 23:04

OOOh this is making me hungry. My choices of fillings vary from week to week. At the moment I am into Cheese and cucumber with lots of vinegar with cheese and onion crisps inside. Packet ham with lots of mustard again with the crisps. Or Tuna and Cucumber. And just lately sausages with a fried egg with brown sauce and all the egg and sauce all drips down me chin and I get in a right mess I dont add the crisps to that one. Egg sandwiches I only have now and again. or right now I fancy a simple Cheese and Pickle. but I have a plate of ryvita at the moment so I will see if im still hungry. Debbie

Sue

Sue Report 3 May 2004 23:24

Bacon with lots of brown sauce, preferably Daddies Fried egg with Heinz ketchup Marmite & cucumber (blame Grandaughter for that one) Peanut butter and honey Ham with coleslaw or Sandwich Spread Prawn and salad Cheese and Branston pickle Lemon curd on thick fresh bread spread with thick butter - good for colesterol levels this one LOL Sue with a rumbly tumbly LOL

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 4 May 2004 05:34

Lovely wholemeal bread filled with egg mayonaise (low fat of course) and chopped tomato...of wholemeal bread spread with l.f mayyo and filled with chopped lettuce,,,grilled chopped smoked bacon and chopped avocado....yummy.... Its not even 6am and i could eat one now,,,

Dame

Dame Report 4 May 2004 06:22

These are delish.....Grilled peanut butter and banana,butter two slices of bread spread peanut butter on the plain sides put thin sliced banana in the middle srinkle with sugar, have the buttered sides out, fry until golden, yum

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 May 2004 07:22

one whole cow between two slices of bread, only brown bread though it's healthier .

Martin

Martin Report 4 May 2004 14:02

Corned beef mixed with tomato ketchup. Martin

Amy

Amy Report 4 May 2004 14:22

Is it completely sick and wrong that my favourite sandwich filling is Pickled Onion Monster Munch crisps?! It's so delicious! Amy x

Brian

Brian Report 4 May 2004 14:41

Samantha's sandwiches.... There are 10 replies to this "food fad" thing, all but one (Bill) from women (maybe "Bill" is short for Wilhelmina or similar), so I have to conclude that all of you are pregnant. Congratulations!!!!!!!! Brian

Sam

Sam Report 28 Jun 2004 22:35

Does anyone like pease pudding with their ham?

Sam

Sam Report 28 Jun 2004 22:37

what about weird sandwich fillings? My friends brother used to have 2 slices of bread buttered and then soaked with vinegar!!!!

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 28 Jun 2004 22:42

years ago we would eat sugar buttys ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Andy

Andy Report 28 Jun 2004 22:44

Amy, Monster Munch? Excellent, will have to try that one lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jun 2004 23:04

i am sooo happy that this thread,has been brought back to life,as those that know me,will tell you ime partial to a little food lol. favourite sandwich,has to be fried egg,sunny side up,covered in bacon,and brown sauce. if i have,a ham/cheese sandwich,it has to be topped by crisps. someone mentioned pease pudding..yummmm..have you ever had pease pudding,and faggots..if i was offered a last supper,that would be it. can we have more posts about food please.....bryan.

Anna

Anna Report 28 Jun 2004 23:08

banana and beef crisps(together on wholemeal bread) Ham and pease pudding(love pease pudding on toast too) soup sandwiches(homemade soup with ham and lentils etc ) Im starving now! Anna :-)

Andy

Andy Report 28 Jun 2004 23:10

Cheese and Marmite. and yes I'm feeling hungry now.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jun 2004 23:17

mmm well apart from the obvious bacon sarnie... my fave recently has been Tesco's Finest Chicken Bacon and Avocado

Sarah

Sarah Report 28 Jun 2004 23:43

Have to go with Andy oop North on this one - cheese and marmite! The best!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jun 2004 00:10

youve just reminded me paul,this morning,i had a tesco finest chicken,bacon,and mayo,i opened it,and put a layer of cheese and onion crisps on top...it was really nice lol....bryan.

Sprack

Sprack Report 29 Jun 2004 00:26

I used to like condensed milk sarnies or salad cream and sugar (blame my gran for that), now its fish fingers with salad cream sarnies or peanut butter with jam, I wonder why you cant get our favorites ready made in the shops? lol. jenny