General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Postcard?????

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 11:00

Just recieved a postcard from Cornwall from somebody called Dennis. Message reads: 8pm Wed 5th May shivering at Lands End for start of... and the next and last word is a little hard to read. side, tide, slide or something like that. My surname is omitted, it has the wrong address and no postcode. Strange eh? Andy.

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 May 2004 13:19

have you had a gnome pinched and its on its hols???? sorry couldn't resist sandra

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 13:22

Just been to check... and no. Anyhow none of them are called Dennis LOL

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 May 2004 13:23

that's ok then sandra

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 May 2004 13:44

very weird andy but if ur going to cornwall to sort it out can i have a lift please...incidently where abouts in leicester do u live ?

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 13:46

Stoney Stanton. And unfortunately my next PLANNED trip to Cornwall is September. Andy

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 May 2004 13:50

andy i have no idea where that is...sorry i live in mountsorrel

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 13:52

Lou, It's about 4 mls from Hinckley. And Mountsorrel is a very nice place, a little better than here I can tell you. Andy

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 May 2004 13:54

well if ur ever over this way come and say hello

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 13:56

I sure will though it's not often I have 2 say, only if work takes me that far up north, LOL

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 May 2004 13:59

wat job do u do ?

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 14:02

I drive for a living. And You?

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 May 2004 14:03

i work in a nursery

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 14:04

LOL, Now I know this may sound silly but what type of nursery cos I know there is a big one of the garden variety near you. Andy

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 May 2004 14:06

lol kids but i know the place you mean my son does that sort of work though

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 14:09

Understood! Do you have friends/rellies down south then?

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 May 2004 14:12

no but yrs ago we had friends amoung the bikers there but i love cornwall especially round mevagissey

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 14:15

Mevagissey is Nice. I was born near Looe which I find is a place I have to visit at least annually. Bread Knife and sprogs love it too. Off to Perranporth later in the year so will do a bit of driving around I imagine.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 May 2004 14:17

lucky you....

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 8 May 2004 14:20

Not lucky enough I think, I still live up here.Ah well better pop down to the shop and buy some liquid refreshment seeing as the other half is at work and I'm on my own with the kids. Hard life innit? Catch you later Lou. Andy